Bills/Dolphins back to 1PM...WTF?

toeknee24

Per VCOACH.

Why would they move the game back to 1pm???

859224[/snapback]

They realized The Bills lost last Sunday, so they're no longer "up and commers"?

Maybe their remote crews threatened a Union job action if they had to be breaking their set at 8:00 PM in the middle of friggin winter in Buffalo.

Per VCOACH.

Why would they move the game back to 1pm???

859224[/snapback]

I believe that those of you that complained on this board about the time change have been heard. NFL management has your best interests in mind.

Or

Nick Saban complained that his players would get home too late.

From BuffaloBills.com:

The NFL Wednesday night announced that the December 17 Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills game will return to its original 1:00 PM ET kickoff time on CBS. The League had moved the game to 4:05 PM ET earlier this week. “We spoke to CBS today and told them we did not believe the shift to a later start time was in the fans’ best interest,” a League spokesman said. “We regret the inconvenience that we may have caused fans who are planning to attend the game or watch on television that day.”

Good.  We sell more tickets at the 1pm games.

859257[/snapback]

Yeah....that is why the last 2 home games have sold out and the Dolphins' game is almost sold out.........

Oh wait.....the last 2 1:00 games have been blacked out and there are still 7000 tickets remaining for our biggest rival.......well, they used to be a rival anyway.....

Two changes in one week is ridiculous. What about the people why fly to the games?

859258[/snapback]

I totally agree. I live in NYC now so it's not easy to get to Bills games. I had to buy new plane tickets so I could attend the game at 4pm. Now I find out the game is back at 1pm!! I could have just stuck to my original flight. I wasted so much money to switch flights. The NFL really screwed the fans.

I totally agree. I live in NYC now so it's not easy to get to Bills games. I had to buy new plane tickets so I could attend the game at 4pm. Now I find out the game is back at 1pm!! I could have just stuck to my original flight. I wasted so much money to switch flights. The NFL really screwed the fans.

859264[/snapback]

Send a bill to the NFL.

Two changes in one week is ridiculous. What about the people why fly to the games?

859258[/snapback]

This is probably easy to say from the cheap seats, Gidge, but the NFL screwed up, fixed it, and basically admitted they slipped up. Yes, it was costly to some fans, but the problems will truly start if they let the networks pull this stunt again, and I suspect the NFL just won't let that happen where a game in Buffalo is concerned.

Because maybe all of the sudden, they decided a match-up between two up and coming bottom feeders was not all that exciting, as they had themselved convinced, for a day or two?

859240[/snapback]

No. This way Mijami has a better shot of winning.

If we end up winning none of this matters. If we lose, it's because we lost a home field advantage that the local Bills fans don't seem to care about.

No.  This way Mijami has a better shot of winning. 

If we end up winning none of this matters.  If we lose, it's because we lost a home field advantage that the local Bills fans don't seem to care about.

859314[/snapback]

I know you may not be saying it...

How can anybody say that the Buffalo fans don't seem to care about it (the late season games)? Because it isn't sold out...

We are only talking under 10k tix left, in one of the smallest markets and BIGGEST stadiums.

I can't believe I am hearing this talk... To me, anything under 10k left is basically a sellout... All those leftover tix are mostly brutal upper deck/corner seats...

God, it makes me sick how the NFL demands "perfection." It just isn't possible to have a waiting list for season tix in a Buffalo market... :w00t::doh:

Unless you take an airplane up for home games, you have no idea how crowded the Buffalo Airport is at about 6:30pm Sun night for flights home. I can't imagine how all those people felt when the game was moved to 4pm for two teams that are not really a factor in the AFC. You can't just change your flight to Mon morning because the airport is a madhouse then too.

Are we sure this is the right time now? :doh: Or will it be 4:15 tomorrow AGAIN? :w00t:

859327[/snapback]

Buddy The "Wonder Dog" sez no way it will be changed back to 4:05, but do not forget about a 8:05 pm start

He kidds :oops:

From BuffaloBills.com:

“We spoke to CBS today and told them we did not believe the shift to a later start time was in the fans’ best interest,” a League spokesman said

859250[/snapback]

When exactly would switching a game ever be in a fans best interest? :w00t:

I love football, but the NFL is doing eveything it can to make me not want to.

Actual transcript of a conversation held between NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and a staff member recorded by the secret "Bills mike" that had been hidden in his office by an operative working for TSW

Office flunky: Will that be all, Sir?

Goodell: Yes, Jeeves. Thank you. Oh wait. There is one more thing. Move the Buffalo/Miami game to 1:00pm.

Office flunky: Begging Sirs pardon I remind you that you recently had moved that game to 4:00pm from its original start time of 1:00pm. Would not this change create an even greater hardship for the home town fans?

Goodell: Jeeves. You poor ignorant fool. Nobody cares about the Buffalo fans much less myself.

(Loud deep evil laughing from an indeterminate source)

Goodell: One more thing. Get Hochuli on the phone and let him know about the change too.

Office flunky: Very well sir. Goodnight.

I hate being one of "those" fans but sometimes it feels that the NFL is trying to sabtage the Bills in Buffalo. I submit the following:

- All 1 pm games

- A large portion of home games late in the season when the weather is bad. They know if the team isn't contending, they would have trouble selling out those games.

- How many years in a row have we played the Pats of a bye

- Vince Young against the Giants was in the grasp, yet manage to get away and make a huge 4th down play. Yet, Losman has a 20 yard pass reserved. (That rule is the biggest joke rule in the game. QBs are football players, treat them that way).

- This recent flip flop of gametimes. People have planned this game out for a while. Do you think this would happen in Dallas or New York?

- The homerun throwback :w00t:

Either way, there are some shady things happening. Hopefully, I'm overreacting but the NFL is being quite shady.

No way!!!! :w00t:

I was psyched because I have a test that morning.  I guess I'll be missing the game live afterall :doh:

860363[/snapback]

Poor Fezzy and his CISSP test.

Did they ever say if it was early enough for you to make it home in time?

Speaking of tests, I have one in half an hour. :wallbash:

Poor Fezzy and his CISSP test.

Did they ever say if it was early enough for you to make it home in time?

Speaking of tests, I have one in half an hour.  :wallbash:

860366[/snapback]

If it was at 3pm, I could make it. the test is, at most, 6 hours long (9-3), and I live about 45 minutes away. But if it starts at noon (CST), I won't make it home in time. :censored:

I think I'm the only person here who wanted it at 4pm EST :w00t:

Good luck on your test :doh: