(Big Time LAMP) Leaving tomorrow AM

I am going up to Hanover, NH to attend the graduation ceremonies at Dartmouth College, from which my daughter Amanda will be graduating. :D:lol::P

It wasn't easy. She had to work during school and her off terms, while some of her friends (some of whom I met) were the daughters of actual billionaires.

At one point, my lovely wife was waiting tables in a restaurant in order to help us pay. I choose not to post the things I have had to endure and see at work to make this come about, but you know what....it was all worth it!

She is taking a year off from school. She already has a job in NYC doing some sort of interpretation. It makes sense, because she can speak Russian, Spanish, Sign Language and she took some French.....at Dartmouth.

Not to be outdone, my Alyssa is attending Stony Brook Univ. in September, and will be home with me. :) She is a hard working, wonderful young lady, and will be nothing but a complete success.

I am sorry if I appear to be bragging, but I am proud of my children beyond words. Also, I feel like TBD can use some good news right about now.

Thank you all for the dialogue, and I can't wait to see my old friends once again at RWS on 10/22. I hope to make some new ones as well!

PS: Let my congrats ring out loud to my old friend Gavin! He is a recent Syracuse Grad! Great work Bro!!! May God bless you, and all at TBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great news Bill. I'm sure the reward of seeing your children grow into quality adults is a wonderful payback for your years of hard work and sacrifice.

Congratulations to your daughter. Have a blast.

I am sorry if I appear to be bragging, but I am proud of my children beyond words. Also, I feel like TBD can use some good news right about now.

PS: Let my congrats ring out loud to my old friend Gavin! He is a recent Syracuse Grad! Great work Bro!!! May God bless you, and all at TBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

705343[/snapback]

Nothing more important Bill, no bragging involved. Congratulations to all of your family!

Who's this Gavin character?

It makes sense, because she can speak Russian, Spanish, Sign Language and she took some French.....at Dartmouth.

705343[/snapback]

When I'm dictator, sign language will be the national language. It's just too darn loud these days.

Congrats to your daughter and your entire family!

But....but....but....what about the OL????? :D

Congrats on the good news and best of luck to your daughters -- glad there's something out there to cheer your sadsack self up! :P

Go Bills!

My whole family knows how much TBD means to me. I am going to pass your sentiments along to them, and I thank you all eternally. Do you know how serious I am?

Millie sends her thanks and well wishes as well. :D

Her mother is an old school Puerto Rican who is prone to fainting. She has gone down for the count a few times at family parties. She will be there, and is looking forward to the dance on Saturday night (she is 67 and looks 20 years younger). :P

Amanda's roommate's father is a doctor, a great guy, and he will be on standby.

The whole thing is cool, and I thank you all for your friendship. Seriously, you have no idea how much your well wishes mean to us.

My whole family knows how much TBD means to me. I am going to pass your sentiments along to them, and I thank you all eternally. Do you know how serious I am?

Millie sends her thanks and well wishes as well.  :D

Her mother is an old school Puerto Rican who is prone to fainting. She has gone down for the count a few times at family parties. She will be there, and is looking forward to the dance on Saturday night (she is 67 and looks 20 years younger).  :P 

Amanda's roommate's father is a doctor, a great guy, and he will be on standby. 

The whole thing is cool, and I thank you all for your friendship. Seriously, you have no idea how much your well wishes mean to us.

705416[/snapback]

i would have asked for her phone number, but i highly doubt either of us wants to spend future family holidays arguing about the Bills offensive line issues :lol:. Have a good weekend!

I am going up to Hanover, NH to attend the graduation ceremonies at Dartmouth College, from which my daughter Amanda will be graduating.  :D  :lol:  :P

It wasn't easy. She had to work during school and her off terms, while some of her friends (some of whom I met) were the daughters of actual billionaires.

At one point, my lovely wife was waiting tables in a restaurant in order to help us  pay. I choose not to post the things I have had to endure and see at work to make this come about, but you know what....it was all worth it!

She is taking a year off from school. She already has a job in NYC doing some sort of interpretation. It makes sense, because she can speak Russian, Spanish, Sign Language and she took some French.....at Dartmouth.

705343[/snapback]

Four languages...big deal. What's her 40 time?

i would have asked for her phone number, but i highly doubt either of us wants to spend future family holidays arguing about the Bills offensive line issues :D. Have a good weekend!

705419[/snapback]

Not to mention she probably only goes out with good looking guys! :P

Juuuuuuuuuuust kidding Ramius!

Congrats, Bill! There are too few examples of families like yours these days....I wish you all nothing but the best :D

Time flies. Doesn't seem that long ago, when you were asking for opinions on the schools she was thinking about applying to...

Congrats to your brilliant daughter, and to her proud parents. Have a great weekend!

I'm with the cablechick.

705532[/snapback]

Ahh, the men of TBD just let out a collective Damn! What we wouldn't give to be in your happy place.

PS--say hi to Harriet for me.

Sorry for the hijack Bill--couldn't be helped!

I'm back, and it was totally awesome. Elie Wiesel was the speaker, and his words were inspirational.

I expressed the well wishes to her from TBD and it made her very happy.

She asked me to send her thanks, so I do so....

Thanks to all at TBD from Amanda Morris, Dartmouth College 06. :)

I'm back, and it was totally awesome. Elie Wiesel was the speaker, and his words were inspirational.

Thanks to all at TBD from Amanda Morris, Dartmouth College 06.  :)

707465[/snapback]

Wooohoooo, Congrats again!!

Thanks to all at TBD from Amanda Morris, Dartmouth College 06.  :)

707465[/snapback]

WOW, a real life Dartmouth grad. Again, congratulations to mom and dad for raising the right kind of children.