Just posted on Houston Chronicle Web site

JoeF

If this article is true, there is no way we should not hold out for the fourth. Just flat say no deal never a deal. They want him and there wouldnt be a good reason to call our bluff. They're not going to get a player that can help them in the next 2-3 years like Moulds will with that fourth pick instead of a fifth pick.

If this article is true, there is no way we should not hold out for the fourth. Just flat say no deal never a deal. They want him and there wouldnt be a good reason to call our bluff. They're not going to get a player that can help them in the next 2-3 years like Moulds will with that fourth pick instead of a fifth pick.

647928[/snapback]

Totally agree...we'll turn right to Philly and hand Moulds over to them if the Texans start dragging their feet over this. They're the ones who are going to miss out on Moulds if they arent smart.

I would never take a 5th rounder for Moulds.  To me, the first overall pick of the 4th round would give us a slipping talent.  The first pick in the 5th round just doesnt do it for me.

647923[/snapback]

I am with you bro.

"The only part of the deal that has yet to be finalized is what the Texans will give the Bills as compensation. "[/i]

In other words, "I bought a car but we haven't agreed to the price."  :doh:

647937[/snapback]

The Texans have bought the car with Moulds' new contract..they just need the keys from the Bills....and those are worth the first pick in the fourth round. I like the idea of having 14 hours to study the remains of the draft and pick the gem remaining...

The Texans have bought the car with Moulds' new contract..they just need the keys from the Bills....and those are worth the first pick in the fourth round.  I like the idea of having 14 hours to study the remains of the draft and pick the gem remaining...

647941[/snapback]

As do I, but knowing our luck this offseason, I just get the sinking feeling we're going to get dicked on this deal.

Who is Houston trying to BS? They are trying to act hardnosed and say that they'll give a 5th rder just because they don't want anyone to be thinking about their 3rd rder. When it's all over and done with they'll reluctantly give up their 2nd pick in the 4th. I say screw 'em. Moulds is at least worth a mid 3rd rder, MINIMUM! If we can't get this then keep him, he's worth it. Don't let these jerks or the Eagles start their low balling ways. Now the Texans' GM Casserly says no more progress will be made towards this trade until Monday, April 3rd. That's too much time, don't be surprised if another team comes out of the woodwork in the meantime. If Minnesota doesn't match the offer by 11:00 pm tomorrow, then Burleson becomes a Seahawk. The Vikes have two 2nd rd. picks, #48 and #51. I would love the Bills and Vikes to strike a deal on Saturday, April Fools' Day. Now wouldn't that be sweet?! It would be TOO funny if the Texans lost out on Moulds after they couldn't close the deal with Givens.

Eric a Texan

Houston is offering a 5th and we want a fourth...

647922[/snapback]

What is interesting to me is this:

"The Texans have agreed to pay Moulds $14 million over four years, in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus. "

Moulds contract with Buffalo calls for him to receive $7.1 million in 2006.

It seems to me he is going to take a big paycut to play anywhere else. I am guessing his contract with Houston will be backloaded. Maybe something like $1.25 million 2006, $2.25 million 2007, $4.25 million 2008, $6.25 million in 2009.

He plays two years and makes about $8.5 million (salary plus bonus) from Houston. He will probably get cut before he sees the bigger numbers in 2008-9.

It seems to me he could make more taking a paycut and staying in Buffalo.

Maybe the Bills wanted him to play for $2 million per year?

Don't let the door hit you in the behind, Eric!

Who is Houston trying to BS? They are trying to act hardnosed and say that they'll give a 5th rder just because they don't want anyone to be thinking about their 3rd rder. When it's all over and done with they'll reluctantly give up their 2nd pick in the 4th. I say screw 'em. Moulds is at least worth a mid 3rd rder, MINIMUM! If we can't get this then keep him, he's worth it. Don't let these jerks or the Eagles start their low balling ways. Now the Texans' GM Casserly says no more progress will be made towards this trade until Monday, April 3rd. That's too much time, don't be surprised if another team comes out of the woodwork in the meantime. If Minnesota doesn't match the offer by 11:00 pm tomorrow, then Burleson becomes a Seahawk. The Vikes have two 2nd rd. picks, #48 and #51. I would love the Bills and Vikes to strike a deal on Saturday, April Fools' Day. Now wouldn't that be sweet?! It would be TOO funny if the Texans lost out on Moulds after they couldn't close the deal with Givens.

647975[/snapback]

I seriously doubt we would get a second rounder for EM do to the fact that we said we would take a 4th already.

As do I, but knowing our luck this offseason, I just get the sinking feeling we're going to get dicked on this deal.

647958[/snapback]

Only if Marv blinks those droopy eyes of his. Tell 'em no, then don't take their calls for 1/2 the day.

One Texans poster offered this scenario. I could live with this.

Texans Receive

Moulds

Bills 4th Round Pick

Bills Receive

Texans 4th Round Pick

Texans 5th Round Pick

basically moulds for 5th and swap 4s

647990[/snapback]

Not a bad idea, or some variation of that kind of swap. Move up seven spots, to the first pick on Day 2, and still get the extra 5th.

I would never take a 5th rounder for Moulds.  To me, the first overall pick of the 4th round would give us a slipping talent.  The first pick in the 5th round just doesnt do it for me.

647923[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but a 5th, or even a 4th dopesn't compute. Didn't the McCardell deal grab a 3rd last year?

A a 2nd or a 3rd (since Houston's 3rd is like a late 2nd - maybe).

4th or 5th? Let Moulds sit. The percentage of 3rd & 4ths ever amounting to anything is fairly small, with only a few exceptions. (McGee).

Tell Houston to go away unless they pony up....

647923[/snapback]

Exactly. i like the 1st pick of the 4th, because it gives us first crack at a guy that should have gone on day 1, but fell for some reason.

What is interesting to me is this:

"The Texans have agreed to pay Moulds $14 million over four years, in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus. "

Moulds contract with Buffalo calls for him to receive $7.1 million in 2006.

It seems to me he is going to take a big paycut to play anywhere else. I am guessing his contract with Houston will be backloaded. Maybe something like $1.25 million 2006, $2.25 million 2007, $4.25 million 2008, $6.25 million in 2009.

He plays two years and makes about $8.5 million (salary plus bonus) from Houston. He will probably get cut before he sees the bigger numbers in 2008-9.

It seems to me he could make more taking a paycut and staying in Buffalo.

Maybe the Bills wanted him to play for $2 million per year?

Don't let the door hit you in the behind, Eric!

648039[/snapback]

The article in the Chronicle says he will get a $5 Million signing bonus. That leaves $9 Million to be distributed as salary over the four years. His first year year salary will probably be in the neighborhood of $1 Million, which means he will earn roughly the same this year as he was scheduled to make with the Bills just in salary. Then he'll probably get $2.5 to $3 Million per for the next three years to cover the other $8 Million, which he was scheduled to make next year but he almost certainly would never have seen.

What it does is ensures him that he will be compensated this year just as he would have been had he stayed a Bill, and the chance to earn the rest of his Bill's contract (and then some) over the next three years because his cap hit won't ever get huge over the life of the contract.

Also, there may very well be incentives built in that could push the deal higher in the subsequent 3 years that are not being publicized. Like roster bonuses, making the pro bowl (which he has not done in some time) and games played, catches and yardage, etc.

What it does is ensures him that he will be compensated this year just as he would have been had he stayed a Bill, and the chance to earn the rest of his Bill's  contract (and then some) over the next three years because his cap hit won't ever get huge over the life of the contract.

Also, there may very well be incentives built in that could push the deal higher in the subsequent 3 years that are not being publicized.  Like roster bonuses, making the pro bowl (which he has not done in some time) and games played, catches and yardage, etc.

648807[/snapback]

Strange how employees have to accept whatever comes their way once they have spited their employers. If this indeed comes to pass, EM would make roughly the same salary (I am guessing that next year, he would also have been compensated according to your current theorized offer above), be the # 2 guy and still have a QB without a good OL.

Strange how employees have to accept whatever comes their way once they have spited their employers. If this indeed comes to pass, EM would make roughly the same salary (I am guessing that next year, he would also have been compensated according to your current theorized offer above), be the # 2 guy and still have a QB without a good OL.

648856[/snapback]

He will make about a million dollars less for the Texans this year than he would for the Bills (6 mil vs 7+ mil). Next year, he will likely make about 2-3 mil when he was schedule to make 7 mil on the Bills. But they knew he was never going to get that money from the Bills when he signed it. Billsguy must have smoked a joint because he just made a 4 year 14 million deal into 19 mil with his figures. :doh:

What it comes down to is that Moulds just wants out. And you cannot blame him. Frankly, I think he just knows that he burned a few bridges here by his big mistake in the Miami game. I think he knows it, based on the fact he never really denied it, and he never complained that he was fined $93,000. That's a lot of money for anyone, and NO ONE allows that to happen to them if they are innocent, especially a pro athlete and a union member.

Good luck to him. I liked him for a long, long time and I think his ability has waned and I think after years of trying hard, he gave up and threw a hissy fit out of frustration. It was a big mistake but things arent black and white. It's time for him and the best thing for him to move on.

It's time for him and the best thing for him to move on.

648868[/snapback]

Agreed. But when he drew a line in the proverbial sand a few weeks back, I really thought he wanted to either make more money before retiring or play for a potential winner. Going to the Texans will give him neither.

To move on and collect a 5 Mil bonus check the second he arrives in Houston.

What a world.  :doh:

648872[/snapback]

I think that is a fair deal for him and the Texans. He's still a very decent if not good receiver and can probably help them a lot for 2-3 years. 5 mil bonus over four years is not a lot of money. What it likely comes down to is 6 mil cash this year, 2 next year, 3 in 2008 and 4 in 2009, which he probably won't see. So 10 mil for three years is not a lot of money these days, and not a big cap hit at all. He was scheduled to make that this year alone (as far as cap goes).

Agreed. But when he drew a line in the proverbial sand a few weeks back, I really thought he wanted to either make more money before retiring or play for a potential winner. Going to the Texans will give him neither.

648874[/snapback]

It kind of surprised me, too, because I thought he would want to go to a contender. But it does say it's probably not about the money because he could have gotten more from the Bills and maybe more from another team. That's why I think he had just decided that he was going to leave, and he wasn't going to go for the perfect situation but one where he felt wanted and comfortable.

I think that is a fair deal for him and the Texans. He's still a very decent if not good receiver and can probably help them a lot for 2-3 years. 5 mil bonus over four years is not a lot of money. What it likely comes down to is 6 mil cash this year, 2 next year, 3 in 2008 and 4 in 2009, which he probably won't see. So 10 mil for three years is not a lot of money these days, and not a big cap hit at all. He was scheduled to make that this year alone (as far as cap goes).

648880[/snapback]

If I were Moulds I'd be slapping my agent around by now if they've truly agreed on that figure. :doh:

I look at it this way: If a 5th is ALL the Bills can get from any team, then do it. in 2007, the cap savings might be worth more to the Bills then even fetching a 3rd rounder (providing the Bills put that cap space to good use).

Bottom line is EM needs to go, the Bills need to get younger, and get players here who WANT to be here.

Wow he sure busted the bank on that deal. Im glad to see Mr. Cancer go and Im sure his career will end like pearless prices' did. You have to give Murlarkey credit at least he jammed Moulds by breaking his game streak. Who was more of a team wrecker TO or Moulds?

I will play the village idiot, since I am qualified.

I hope this post rolls down the board quickly and nobody responds to it because,

A) Everyone is sick of new Moulds threads, not me though! That's why I'm responding to this newest, greatest latest one.

B) If you give MM credit for anything, well, screw you!

C) MM breaking a long time players streak really showed how classy he was, see B)

D) Moulds or TO huh? Ya.

E) There is no deal although, the rumour is 4 years not three so it's even less of bank buster than I said it would be.

F) while I am no huge E Mo fan, to call him a team wrecker? In light of MM?

G) Fug off

H) Peerless Price? You can honestly compare the two?

I) Fug Off

J) I repeat, fug off, I'm probably gonna be banned because of this. Thanks a lot.

See Ya

I will play the village idiot, since I am qualified.

I hope this post rolls down the board quickly and nobody responds to it because,

A) Everyone is sick of new Moulds threads, not me though! That's why I'm responding to this newest, greatest latest one.

B) If you give MM credit for anything, well, screw you!

C) MM breaking a long time players streak really showed how classy he was, see B)

D) Moulds or TO huh? Ya.

E) There is no deal although, the rumour is 4 years not three so it's even less of bank buster than I said it would be.

F) while I am no huge E Mo fan, to call him a team wrecker? In light of MM?

G) Fug off

H) Peerless Price? You can honestly compare the two?

I) Fug Off

J) I repeat, fug off, I'm probably gonna be banned because of this. Thanks a lot.

See Ya

649089[/snapback]

Im glad to see you have an opinion, I have mine.

The link, well espn 103.3 sportscenter.

It is 3 years 14 mil just waiting to work out the compensation for the Bills.

Yes Murlarkey did do so good things here, remember Travis Henry he let him know his usefulness was limited.

Murlarkey also let Moulds know he had little use here as a team wrecker.

In the long run the things Murlarkey did do right will have big benefits, like getting rid of Moulds so other people can blossom, Evans, Losman.