Jump to content

Trevor Lawrence Gets Extension


H2o

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

$200M guaranteed is so stupid.  Is he even a top 5 QB in the AFC?  I'd take Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Jackson, Tua, and Stroud over Lawrence.  

I’d put him 7th
 

MaDouche 

Allen

Burrow

Lamar

Herbert

Stroud

Lawrence

Tua 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is just getting stupid now...5 years, $275 million and $200 million guaranteed??

 

For WHAT? WTF has he done to earn anything close to that?

 

They are paying him as if he is the best QB in the NFL and he is fringe top 10 on his best day. I'd probably put him around 12th overall in the NFL.

 

Tua's price tag keeps going up which is always a good thing to see...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I think he might be the best QB they have ever had? Mark Brunell wants a word

 

The Browns thought they could do better and we saw how that went lol Well he basically hasn't been on the field. Suspended 11 games, hurt 11 games. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What an insane contract for a guy like Lawrence. No doubt at all the Josh Allens contract right now is the biggest bargain in the NFL. But by the time he gets to his next contract Josh Allen will probably get $100million a year at this pace😂  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can he be traded before the contract kicks in? How does that work, do they still have to eat the dead cap if they trade a player before an extension kicks in or can that be traded and the guarentee goes to the other team like had signed him?

 

My guess is since the money is still put in escrow by the team they would still he responsible for the guarenteed cap hit, but just curious.

Edited by HardyBoy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Can he be traded before the contract kicks in? How does that work, do they still have to eat the dead cap if they trade a player before an extension kicks in or can that be traded and the guarentee goes to the other team like had signed him?

 

My guess is since the money is still put in escrow by the team they would still he responsible for the guarenteed cap hit, but just curious.

They would take an enormous dead cap. They aren’t not trading him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

They would take an enormous dead cap. They aren’t not trading him 

 

That's what I'm asking...I know if you trade a player their guarenteed money is accelerated to that season and is kept on the trading teams books (like Diggs).

 

My question is if that is the case if the contract is not technically active yet...like Allen's extension didn't kick in until he played out his 5th year option and maybe even his 4th year of his rookie deal, can't remember exactly when he signed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He makes one or two elite level throws a game, but he looks skinny and weak when I watch him play, like he’s trying to avoid being killed while playing QB.

 

 Or I’m just spoiled watching 17 truck dudes and give zero fawks about contact.

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, julian said:

He makes one or two elite level throws a game, but he looks skinny and weak when I watch him play, like he’s trying to avoid being killed while playing QB.

 

 Or I’m just spoiled watching 17 truck dudes and give zero fakes about contact.

 

Yes

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is just getting stupid now...5 years, $275 million and $200 million guaranteed??

 

For WHAT? WTF has he done to earn anything close to that?

 

They are paying him as if he is the best QB in the NFL and he is fringe top 10 on his best day. I'd probably put him around 12th overall in the NFL.

 

Tua's price tag keeps going up which is always a good thing to see...


Top ten-ish guys set the market regularly when it’s their turn. That’s about the bottom of the revolving door to top paid. He will quickly be replaced 

25 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

 

That's what I'm asking...I know if you trade a player their guarenteed money is accelerated to that season and is kept on the trading teams books (like Diggs).

 

My question is if that is the case if the contract is not technically active yet...like Allen's extension didn't kick in until he played out his 5th year option and maybe even his 4th year of his rookie deal, can't remember exactly when he signed.


honestly, there’s a few basics not understood here. 
 

dead money and guaranteed money are not interchangeable words

 

a contract extension doesn’t kick in someday down the line from when it’s signed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to think these contracts were crazy, but now I'm kind of in favor of it.

 

The NFL's been the most popular sport in the US for a long time now, but due to the amount of players, it fell behind MLB & NBA in terms of contracts.

 

That's not the case anymore. And given that the cap is slowly approaching $300 million now, it makes sense that QBs would get paid a boatload of money. 

 

Mahomes & Allen's contracts looked pretty huge at the time, but each passing year makes them look better & better.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...