Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Apples and cannonballs. 

He should be there. Young team, young quarterback, and if Diggs is on the field who he think he is and the fans want to back him as the game changer they sought to get over the top, he should be ingratiating himself to the entire city. 

It's really not.

As I recall, Stef got Stroud and the WRs together for an off-season workout.  Diggs is a pro.  He'll be in shape and ready for mandatory OTAs. 

This is nothing more than Bills fans making something out of nothing, getting joy by ribbing a former player.  

24 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Certainly in the latter part of the season

And OTAs were going to change that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It's really not.

As I recall, Stef got Stroud and the WRs together for an off-season workout.  Diggs is a pro.  He'll be in shape and ready for mandatory OTAs. 

This is nothing more than Bills fans making something out of nothing, getting joy by ribbing a former player.  

And OTAs were going to change that?

Ya, poor Stefan! Everyone is against him!

Diggs has and will always have the stigma of being a crappy teammate exactly for this reason, he just doesn't get it, he's too self absorbed. 

A "real pro" would keep his mouth shut and be an exemplary teammate both on AND off the field.  Diggs is a great player, but also stirs the pot constantly on social media and never goes out of his way to show up for his team outside of the hashes. He's a mercenary in a position where people look to him as a leader

• Like (+1) 1

Did the Texans expect him there? If not, then I don't see this being an issue.

What if Diggs was expecting to be in Buffalo and not going to OTAs, so he made other plans? Then got traded to the Texans and let them know of his prior plans?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Certainly in the latter part of the season

You aren't saying he was not productive in the final 9 games do to missing an OTA in May are you? 

Something obviously happened where the team decided not to feature him as much and he continuously asked to come off the field after every 2 to 3 plays.

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bills traded for Diggs, did him a favor and tore up his deal and gave him a 1 year contract, and he didn’t show up for OTA’s, I’d be a teeny bit perturbed.

I don't think Diggs skipping OTA's with the Bills was a big deal as he had developed good chemistry with Allen.  But on a new team with a new QB is more a big deal.  But he basically has a one year contract so little need as he can walk after 2024.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If this is sort of an "excused absence" then I don't really see anything big about it. It is voluntary. Still, you would think that someone going to a new team, and has this "stigma" around them as to being a head case and a potential problem, would want to put their best foot forward. That he would also want to get in as much work around and with his new teammates as possible. Apparently not. It could be something, or it could be nothing. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He wants out and to be traded to the Cowboys to play with his brother.  He is pissed at Stroud for cheating on his girl clearly after he knocked up a waitress and has to keep it now because it's Texas.

Wait, what? 

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

If this is sort of an "excused absence" then I don't really see anything big about it. It is voluntary. Still, you would think that someone going to a new team, and has this "stigma" around them as to being a head case and a potential problem, would want to put their best foot forward. That he would also want to get in as much work around and with his new teammates as possible. Apparently not. It could be something, or it could be nothing. 

If MVS, Claypool, Coleman, or Samuel wasn't in Buffalo would that be an issue?  It’s strange and the type of thing I think he likes.  Its a modern day publicity stunt.  Get online engagement and be able to market himself for sponsor deals.  

3 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Was he ever at voluntary OTAs for the Bills?  

He got a lot of PR for the 2020 "no OTAs 'cuz Covid" off season

We know he wasn't there for the 2022 or 2023 OTAs until mandatory minicamp,  In 2023 he was at Fashion Week and Coachella 

I don't remember 2021

It is apparent that Diggs is all about Diggs, which is fine, but this strategy has its pit falls when dealing with others…

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

You aren't saying he was not productive in the final 9 games do to missing an OTA in May are you? 

Something obviously happened where the team decided not to feature him as much and he continuously asked to come of the field after every 2 to 3 plays.

Again you miss the point, ah forget it!