Chiefs tackles busted for marijuana

DJB

3 hours ago, amprov56 said:

While most of the time I love your posts, this one I strongly disagree with. Many veterans, wounded physically and suffering from PTS found that marijuana greatly helps in their challenging endeavors. Yes, it is federally banned but that dont make it right, at one time in this country we considered African Americans 7/8 of a person. Just because a law exists dont make it right - think prohibition. Had a family member slowly passing from cancer, used  marijuana for pain simply because it allowed him to enjoy his last days while presecribed medications left him in a stupor! I can sit on my front porch and guzzle a bottle of JD but I cant smoke a joint? To end or hinder the careers of these two players is ridiculous; and yes I am a strong defender as I support my veteran brothers and their use! I still love 99.99 % of your posts! And I am pushing 70 making me an old fart!

It doesn't matter. NFL players are not allowed. Partaking is idiotic of them.

You can say what you want about whether or not it SHOULD be a banned substance or not. But it is. So, they are dumb to risk their chance of a lifetime to play in the NFL and make real wealth.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MJS said:

You can say what you want about whether or not it SHOULD be a banned substance or not. But it is. So, they are dumb to risk their chance of a lifetime to play in the NFL and make real wealth.

NFL has relaxed their weed policy in the last CBA. It is not banned like you say.

"NFL DRUG POLICY

Under the 2020 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), NFL players no longer get tested for THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) in April and August. This means that players can now consume cannabis during the off-season without fear of punishment."

"Players who consume weed during the season can enter a treatment program and avoid suspension.*

https://blackcannabismagazine.com/nfl-weed-policy-can-players-smoke-weed/amp/

Snoop Dogg GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I agree it is dumb considreing the potential loss.

19 minutes ago, Putin said:

How much is little and how much did they have ??

From what I can tell, the charges were categorized as misdemeanors. In that case, I assume the quantities weren't substantial.

On 5/17/2024 at 6:29 PM, DJB said:

Such quality people over there in KC

If it was for smoking pot the entire thing just like the law against it is total BS . It's no worse than alcohol the only difference is one is legal and the gov't makes a ton of money from taxes on it but pot is catching up & as soon as the gov't can get as much tax revenue from pot as they do alcohol everything including the laws will change .

On 5/17/2024 at 8:49 PM, HardyBoy said:

Are you consistent with that view point or are you good with people who break laws that you feel are unjust and are immoral? 

Immoral?