Chiefs tackles busted for marijuana

DJB

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

It's legal in Canada.

Agreed, but there's plenty of technical and trades employers who demand a 'whiz in the bottle' test prior to employment, and will disqualify an applicant for any trace of marijuana usage.  Many ads cite a window of usage of up to four weeks prior to the test as resulting in a 'fail'.

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Blows my mind that people still get arrested for marijuana possession in the year 2024. Stupid to get caught but I don't think they should get suspended for this and I doubt they will. Probably just a team fine.

Do you think the Chiefs would actually fine them for getting the team's doobage confiscated?

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Agreed, but there's plenty of technical and trades employers who demand a 'whiz in the bottle' test prior to employment, and will disqualify an applicant for any trace of marijuana usage.  Many ads cite a window of usage of up to four weeks prior to the test as resulting in a 'fail'.

Exactly. While marijuana is legal in New York State if I'm caught at work with a joint I can be fired on the spot due to their drug policy. 

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It’s not just the trades. Try to get a job at a bank or a lot of other white collar places and drug screening is just a normal part of the onboarding process. My wife’s group actually lost someone not too long ago because they messed up and failed it.  OOPS! 

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Blows my mind that people still get arrested for marijuana possession in the year 2024. Stupid to get caught but I don't think they should get suspended for this and I doubt they will. Probably just a team fine.

Could not agree more and I am an old fart! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s not just the trades. Try to get a job at a bank or a lot of other white collar places and drug screening is just a normal part of the onboarding process. My wife’s group actually lost someone not too long ago because they messed up and failed it.  OOPS! 

My brother works for a fire department, and since it's still a federal crime, they can not hire anyone that uses or fails a drug test for weed.  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, MJS said:

All the marijuana defenders always flock to these stories, haha.

Sorry. It is still a federally banned substance, against the law in many states, and prohibited by the NFL.

It is completely idiotic of any player in the NFL to take a risk like that.

While most of the time I love your posts, this one I strongly disagree with. Many veterans, wounded physically and suffering from PTS found that marijuana greatly helps in their challenging endeavors. Yes, it is federally banned but that dont make it right, at one time in this country we considered African Americans 7/8 of a person. Just because a law exists dont make it right - think prohibition. Had a family member slowly passing from cancer, used  marijuana for pain simply because it allowed him to enjoy his last days while presecribed medications left him in a stupor! I can sit on my front porch and guzzle a bottle of JD but I cant smoke a joint? To end or hinder the careers of these two players is ridiculous; and yes I am a strong defender as I support my veteran brothers and their use! I still love 99.99 % of your posts! And I am pushing 70 making me an old fart!

Edited by amprov56
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Exactly. While marijuana is legal in New York State if I'm caught at work with a joint I can be fired on the spot due to their drug policy. 

they probably would fire you if you were caught drinking on the job as well….

• Like (+1) 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

My brother works for a fire department, and since it's still a federal crime, they can not hire anyone that uses or fails a drug test for weed.  

With most jobs you are not going to get tested again without cause, but you never know for 100% sure. What might happen? 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

they probably would fire you if you were caught drinking on the job as well….

From my experience there is about a 50% chance.    :)

But seriously, you can test positive for weed for weeks. That doesn’t make you high on the job. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

With most jobs you are not going to get tested again without cause, but you never know for 100% sure. What might happen? 

From my experience there is about a 50% chance.    :)

But seriously, you can test positive for weed for weeks. That doesn’t make you high on the job. 

True but since it’s legal in NYS, no one is going to “catch” you with a joint outside of work

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

True but since it’s legal in NYS, no one is going to “catch” you with a joint outside of work

You get in a car accident while reeking, even if it’s not your fault. There is some kind of mess up at work, even if it’s not you, but they can’t be sure.

I’m not saying it will happen a lot, but the things we didn’t see coming are usually what bite us on the ass. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, MJS said:

All the marijuana defenders always flock to these stories, haha.

Sorry. It is still a federally banned substance, against the law in many states, and prohibited by the NFL.

It is completely idiotic of any player in the NFL to take a risk like that.

I don’t fully agree with everything I think you’re getting at, but the last paragraph couldn’t be more true. It doesn’t matter what side of the legalization argument you’re on. I’m sure there was a lot of stupidity involved in this arrest. States that haven’t legalized aren’t going out looking for offenders. People get busted when they do something incredibly stupid.

Things like driving around at 2am with smoke rolling out of their car windows. The type of stuff no one should be doing, regardless of the legal status. This type of obnoxious behavior is the stuff that gets people in trouble. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Yantha said:

It's legal in Canada.

Maybe time to lighten up in the US on this law.

Not until the government can figure out a way to bleed every penny possible from each sale.

23 hours ago, DJB said:

Such quality people over there in KC

It's KC, but come on. This has nothing to do with quality people. It's gat dam MJ for crying out loud. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

Not until the government can figure out a way to bleed every penny possible from each sale.

That's just it, why can I not grow pot on my private property, for my personal use, without paying protection money to the USG; subject to the same laws driving or public intixication?