Week 2 game announced

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is WONDERFUL for me...they made a thursday night game a Miami game...so I will get to see it on TV for free down here in FL.

I WILL NOT PAY FOR AMAZON to watch a football game!  Or anyone else.

The problem is a lot of idiots will.

What do you spend your dumb money on?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

What do you spend your dumb money on?

I would guess that he is saving money for a new keyboard. In his current one the "caps lock" key seems to get stuck from time to time.

Edited by DrW
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Heat should be okay at night. Baking in the sun is the biggest problem. I’ll take this as a favorable scheduling outcome.

Unfortunately, Sept 12 is basically the statistical peak of Hurricane season...(Sept 10 is the peak).

Hopefully, we can keep all of those rascals away from the state of Florida this year.......we could use a break!!

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, DrW said:

I would guess that he is saving money for a new keyboard. In his current one the "caps lock" key seems to get stuck from time to time.

I bet he takes the keyboard from the library because those idiots who buy their own keyboards are super stupid.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Unfortunately, Sept 12 is basically the statistical peak of Hurricane season...(Sept 10 is the peak).

Hopefully, we can keep all of those rascals away from the state of Florida this year.......we could use a break!!

We'll be bringing our own Cat5 hurricane down to Miami.  

Hurricane Josh

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This makes me hope our season opener is on the road, and east coast.  Knock out 2 road games and a Thursday night game early while everyone is fresh.  Then the Bills have extra rest for week 3.

I disagree. I do not want a road Thursday night game after a road Sunday game.

Hate this.

Would rather have the Dolphins later on, giving our offense more time to gel.  Things will be MUCH different.  New players.  Potentially new learning curve.   This whole season may be odd.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

Hate this.

Would rather have the Dolphins later on, giving our offense more time to gel.  Things will be MUCH different.  New players.  Potentially new learning curve.   This whole season may be odd.

Counterpoint is that the Dolphins will have their pass rushers as the season progresses. 

They've also lost a good bit and may not have Chubb or Phillips to start the season. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Early September 🤮Get the IVs ready. At least it’s at night.

At night means both teams deal with the same elements (if any). Not one side baking in the heat while the other sits in the shade.

Literally best case scenario. This also increases the chances we get Dolphins late in Buffalo in the elements. :devil:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do like having a TNF opponent who we’ve prepared for like 6x in the last 2 years between reg season and playoffs 

Good point, also nice that's in a year where they don't have to gameplan for their brand new HC or QB, just the same terrible ones from last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

I actually like this. It will be hot, and muggy, but both sides of the field will be the same (as opposed to the ±20˚ difference in the '22 loss), and it's early enough in the season that the shallowness of our secondary will not be exposed. That's an important factor vs. the Fish, IMO. 

Edited by Rocky Landing

12 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

At night means both teams deal with the same elements (if any). Not one side baking in the heat while the other sits in the shade.

Literally best case scenario. This also increases the chances we get Dolphins late in Buffalo in the elements. :devil:

True. The NFL has been keen on making late season games count in recent years, and considering how close these teams were last season, I can well imagine they'd like a repeat of that relevancy.

I like how we get two “bad” schedule features out of the way early and in the least negatively impactful way for the Bills as you can expect. 

We get the Fish away game at night avoiding literal heat stroke, and we get the TNF short week both on the exact same footing as our opponent (same amount of rest), and at the beginning of the year when our guys are still fresh and able to absorb the loss of rest. 

I don’t hate this. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm in Rochester, wiseguy.  We got blacked out in the 90s, but in the 21st century we're no longer considered local.

That’s pretty effed up. When the NFL discusses teams’ markets they certainly include Rochester as part of the Bills’ market. 

Posted (edited)

A huge plus from this game is that, not only are we avoiding the sun but they extra time to recover after, though without the heat lamp the following week might not have had as tough a recovery anyway.

Edited by Warcodered

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We'll be bringing our own Cat5 hurricane down to Miami.  

Hurricane Josh

That's the only kind of Hurricane I want to see in Florida this year!!

Edited by Special K