Jets tried to hire a new OC

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol, this trade and subsequent fallout just gets better and better. set the franchise back years, maybe a decade. they are so screwed.

Long term, agree with cause problems.  But if Rodgers can stay healthy and puts one great season together, you never know??

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol, this trade and subsequent fallout just gets better and better. set the franchise back years, maybe a decade. they are so screwed.

They’ll get their wildcard berth and be one and done. I think they just wanna break the 13 year drought at this point so I see why they’re going all in on Rodgers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

They’ll get their wildcard berth and be one and done. I think they just wanna break the 13 year drought at this point so I see why they’re going all in on Rodgers. 

If JD and Saleh hope to keep their jobs they better, make the playoffs. Johnson was not happy at all last year, and he made those comments public. He didn't use the words "playoff mandate" for this season but that is really what it is. They will clean house if they have another disappointing season.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I’m not sure they even make the playoffs. Bills and Dolphins should at least split with the Jets if not sweep them. 

AFC is loaded too

Bills 

Bengals

Chiefs

Texans

Ravens

Browns

Steelers

Colts

Jags

All these teams are legit playoff contenders. Colts nearly made it with Gardner Minshew last year. 

The Jets coaching is awful. Hackett is horrible and Salah hasn’t proven anything besides he can coach a good defense that has also been absolutely shredded at times. I see the Jets as a fringe playoff team and coaching is their biggest hurdle. Can Hackett be out of the way enough to not be an issue? Is Rodgers going to be good at 40 when he is mulling his next career? 

The jets have more hype than they should

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

I have zero concern over the Jets.......they'll implode again this year, like every season before.

As a long-suffering Bills fan, I have concern about every opponent.  I've experienced too many disappointments and witnessed too many unhappy surprises over the years.  

When I was in the army, we planned for different scenarios: most likely, most favorable, most dangerous...  The most dangerous scenario is Saleh puts together another good defense and Rodgers stays healthy & has a good year.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They should have just asked Bills fans before they hired this loser. 

That's what I keep saying. Bills fans know he sucks. That was one of the worst hires by the Broncos and then the Jets turn around and hire him after he proved there he was a terrible.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MJS said:

That's what I keep saying. Bills fans know he sucks. That was one of the worst hires by the Broncos and then the Jets turn around and hire him after he proved there he was a terrible.

It's just classic nepotism. Rodgers loves him plus Hackett's dad was a well-respected coach. You see that garbage in every walk of life. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

12 hours ago, Sweats said:

I have zero concern over the Jets.......they'll implode again this year, like every season before.

Agreed wrt Rodgers and all that, but my fear is that this year they've got a competent backup (Tyrod) who's practically lab-designed to get the Jets run-heavy, strong defensive roster to the playoffs. Then lose in the WC round.

12 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That team has a ton of talent but the staff and Rodgers running the show will be their downfall.

Why I kinda hope Floyd doesn't end Rodgers' season in week one AGAIN on MNF. Taylor, limited as he is, might be the perfect game manager to capitalize on what the Jets actually do well.

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I’m not sure they even make the playoffs. Bills and Dolphins should at least split with the Jets if not sweep them. 

AFC is loaded too

Bills 

Bengals

Chiefs

Texans

Ravens

Browns

Steelers

Colts

Jags

All these teams are legit playoff contenders. Colts nearly made it with Gardner Minshew last year. 

The Jets coaching is awful. Hackett is horrible and Salah hasn’t proven anything besides he can coach a good defense that has also been absolutely shredded at times. I see the Jets as a fringe playoff team and coaching is their biggest hurdle. Can Hackett be out of the way enough to not be an issue? Is Rodgers going to be good at 40 when he is mulling his next career? 

The jets have more hype than they should

Love all the continued Jets hype. So unearned (organizationally) and so market-based and marketing-based. Makes it sweeter when their ridiculous antics (Rodgers hitting the field with the flag streaming, only to be reminded of his mortality 4 plays in, for example). It's kind of heart-warming. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

The nepotism in the NFL is wild.

Don't get me wrong, nepotism is everywhere. It's amazing that a guy like Hackett, who should be an OC of a D3 football team at this point, is still getting chances. He basically destroyed the Broncos franchise. 

As a proud bench warming alumnus of a D3 Western Pa small school’s football program, I take great umbrage at the thought of having had Hackett as OC…and that’s coming from a program where our base O package was the triple option! 🙌

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

As a long-suffering Bills fan, I have concern about every opponent.  I've experienced too many disappointments and witnessed too many unhappy surprises over the years.  

When I was in the army, we planned for different scenarios: most likely, most favorable, most dangerous...  The most dangerous scenario is Saleh puts together another good defense and Rodgers stays healthy & has a good year.  

I hear ya Hondo…but still let’s categorize the Jets as most likely to finish the season living in an ayahusca totin’ van down by the river!giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952p22az2gpb8fl44mn53

• Haha (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

The nepotism in the NFL is wild.

Don't get me wrong, nepotism is everywhere. It's amazing that a guy like Hackett, who should be an OC of a D3 football team at this point, is still getting chances. He basically destroyed the Broncos franchise. 

and the Bills too.

18 hours ago, Gregg said:

40 going on 41 coming off a serious injury. Tyrod Taylor will be starting many games for them this season.

Tyrod Taylor is 34 and will turn 35 before the season starts.  Not as old as Rodgers, but no spring chicken either.  I wonder if this won't be the oldest starter and backup QB in league history.