In the Bills mini-rebuild trading Hamlin to Pittsburg might be the right thing to do.

gjv

45 minutes ago, wppete said:

Trade him for a 7th round pick. He wont make this team. 

26 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He's getting cut regardless 

20 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I don't know if fans knew this or not, but he's not very good.

Yeesh. Tough crowd.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ahhh ….I must’ve missed the sarcasm 

No one trades for depth safeties was the point. So OP's plan to "rebuild" by trading young backup level DBs and signing young backup level free agent DBs has a few notable holes.

Posted (edited)

Good ol’ Gamar. 

I’m still in awe that he finds the time to play football when he runs the country of Libya. 

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I think the "Bills only keep Hamlin on the roster for PR reasons" notion is the dumbest thing in forever.

Hamlin is, was, and has always been a bottom-of-the-roster, depth and special teams guy. 

He has remained on the Bills roster because no one more worthy of a roster spot has yet taken one from him. If and when it happens -- and it may very well be this year -- then he'll be cut.

Every team in the NFL has players like this. Unfortunately, because of Hamlin's traumatic medical event, the weekly "will he be active on game day or won't he?" Tweet would get posted on Twitter, it would be treated as some sort of big deal when he wasn't active, and then everyone would jump in and talk about crazy conspiracy theories, how Hamlin was only on the Bills roster because it would look bad if he was cut, blah blah blah.

To add to all of that, you have the Bills fans who are like "Gosh I wish he'd just stop playing for his own good", as if the man can't make his own decisions, and as if he didn't consult with numerous medical professionals.

I wish nothing but the best for Hamlin for the rest of his career and his life, be it here or elsewhere. But all of the discourse surrounding him from Bills fans and NFL fans in general is beyond ridiculous and eyeroll-inducing.

Anyone consider that the Bills may be keeping him as a secret weapon in the fake punt game?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

No need to trade. He's going to get cut if Hyde comes back. He's safety 5 at the moment. 

I don't think Hyde is coming back and if he is coming back I think its an in season signing. I think Hyde at his age isn't going to want to do a full camp and pre-season. Probably will mull his options in late September and if he has the itch to play and the Bills want him an in season deal similar to Joseph last year makes sense. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not saying anything about you being right/wrong here...but can you provide an example of what you see that makes you believe this? Maybe a link to an interview you've seen that shows it? Or something?

This isn't coming from one specific example, but collection of public appearances since the incident occurred (interviews, red carpet events, etc). He's been soaking up his time in the spotlight, and good for him personally. But this is not someone that has been humbled by a traumatic experience and now has his head down focused on football. He's a glorified celebrity that probably won't play another meaningful NFL down. I doubt we will get anything for him, and you hate to cut him PR wise, but as a football move it probably will be necessary absent a bad safety injury in camp. 

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Maybe they will send us a 2038 7th round pick? 

Yeah, you laugh……… but when 2038 comes around this will be like finding a $20 bill in your pocket!   😋

9 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Anyone consider that the Bills may be keeping him as a secret weapon in the fake punt game?

OUCH! 

Yep, still hurts. 

Hamlin is a great comeback story and a beautiful kid, but it would be perfect for him to go back to his hometown to continue his career. He’s still a huge Steelers fan and his family is there to support him. We have to turn the page and ride younger players in the wake of losing Poyer and Hyde. Win/Win to trade him to Pitt.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

This isn't coming from one specific example, but collection of public appearances since the incident occurred (interviews, red carpet events, etc). He's been soaking up his time in the spotlight, and good for him personally. But this is not someone that has been humbled by a traumatic experience and now has his head down focused on football. He's a glorified celebrity that probably won't play another meaningful NFL down. I doubt we will get anything for him, and you hate to cut him PR wise, but as a football move it probably will be necessary absent a bad safety injury in camp. 

So, basically because he doesn't act like you feel he should. I don't know how you would know how his focus is on football. Sounds like a lot of projection based on personal feelings rather than anything fact based.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Yes he's a well known  English teacher

I thought that was Grammar Hamlin.

If Damar isn't going to make the team, the Bills should hire him in the organization as a community out-reach director.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan

3 hours ago, gjv said:

It's common knowledge that Pittsburg native Gamar Hamlin grew up a Steelers fan, and has dreamed of wearing the Black and Gold. Sure, I know many NFL players never get the chance to play with their favorite team. But I think Hamlin's case is unique. 

I agree. Let’s trade gamar for a #1 draft pick….

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Beast said:

Good ol’ Gamar. 

I’m still in awe that he finds the time to play football when he runs the country of Libya. 

That’s Muhmar Ghaddafi.  He stepped down as the leader of Libya to play Shortstop of the Red Sox in the mid nineties.  Good player, but it was annoying to watch him fidget with his batting gloves between every pitch.

Edited by Billl
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I don't why they don't make another clone to do the PR stuff so the first clone can focus on football