Chiefs extend Kelce

jkeerie

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

Her new album is straight fire, Boyst.

You're missing out :beer:

(I don't know what that emoji is supposed to mean, I just like it)

😁

i tried listening to a few clips that were released early and just grossed out by her desire to try to make sounds way to complicated. using fortnight as a time, or anything like that...nah.

if i want women in music to sing about heartache i'm back to Stevie Nicks. How can anything beat this? Stevie Nix live and for the first time singing it live on camera to Lindsey Buckingham who she wrote it about and he broke her heart?! His dead eye stare at her as he plays guitar...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I would like to see the terms of this. 

My quick knee jerk is that this likely gets Kelce some more money but also helps with the Chiefs cap situation long term. I suspect there might be some void years in there as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

i tried listening to a few clips that were released early and just grossed out by her desire to try to make sounds way to complicated. using fortnight as a time, or anything like that...nah.

if i want women in music to sing about heartache i'm back to Stevie Nicks. How can anything beat this? Stevie Nix live and for the first time singing it live on camera to Lindsey Buckingham who she wrote it about and he broke her heart?! His dead eye stare at her as he plays guitar...

Taylor Swift is just like Stevie Nicks, but with a jock boyfriend instead of the world record for "most cocaine snorted in a 5 year period".

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, boyst said:

He is the most unlikable guy in the NFL because he was already a megadouche but now all of these tweens eyes are upon him about being a good man/role model because crazy taytay think her #1873839392 option of a man is a good one.

F'n both. Everything after 1989 sucks.

Yup. That's when we started losing super bowls.

• Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

At least his mother didn’t negotiate the deal for him. Yikes, talk about “dude looks like a lady”. 

She’s what my wife calls a “handsome woman”

37 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Relax!

Kelce's 35 this season and he already saw his numbers taper off in yards, YPR, and TDs.  

Gonzalez began falling off at 33.  Expect Kelce's numbers to always be good, but his days of carrying that offense are over and will only deteriorate further.  

I'd be more worried about Rice now with a season under his belt and notable improvement in the 2nd half last season, and now with the addition of worthy and with Marquise Brown now in the mix catching passes from Mahomes and not Jackson.  

That's a handful for any defense, and if Pacheco's on his game it's even worse.  

They should be back to a #1 offense this season with Reid running their show.  

Unpopular opinion in the NFL world where Mahomes is God but when Kelce was struggling earlier in the season Mahomes looked ordinary. The talking heads kept saying "Mahomes has regressed because he's having to be superman" to which I thought "Allen has to be superman every season, every week and he's better at it than Mahomes".

Then as the playoffs grew closer Reid schemed Kelce open more and Mahomes suddenly looked like the Mahomes of old. Look at the TD against the Bills in the playoffs, Kelce was so wide open Zach Wilson could have hit him in stride, then after he scored the announcers immediately started praising Mahomes and his genius. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not that anyone needs to feel sorry for him but with his career to only have $89M compared to some of these receivers with less or the same stats but dont block...seems like high end TE value is quite low.  That should benefit the Bills if Kincaid grows into what we want him to be.

• Like (+1) 1

He'd be stupid to leave now. With Hollywood and Worthy taking the top off keeping safety help way back (and drawing phantom PI's) he's gonna cleanup the short/ intermediate routes even more.

This is a problem... 

• Like (+1) 1

NFL Executives probably pushed KC to do this. 

Free $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the league with Taylor Swift 

44 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm glad they did. I bet Beane was already writing a 6-year $120 million check for him for the moment he became a FA.

would. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I actually love that part of it.

I'd way rather see her beautiful, smiling, joyful face than a shot of Chiefs fans in the crowd or of a grinning Tony Romo or a walrus-mustached Andy Reid.

I am not at all amongst the anti-Taylor crowd. Her collective 47 seconds of air time during a 3.5 hour broadcast don't bother me in the least.

I like it.  It's like a get out of jail free card.  My wife and daughters are now OK with me watching football games because they might catch a glimpse of Swift in the box.  

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

It says it's an extension, so it must be added years.

So...not only do we have to deal with him on KC for longer than hoped, we also have to deal with Taylor Swift in the fan suite.  Ugh!

Well, yeah.. but

we have Wolf Blitzer, so.. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I expect a big rebound season from Kelce (you're a pretty awesome player when 984 yards and 5 TDs marks a "down year" for you, btw).

Hollywood and Worthy are gonna open a lottt of things up for Kelce in the middle of the field. I also think that whatever injury and romance distraction nonsense happened last season will likely be in the past.

He is and will continue to be the de facto number 1 pass catcher in KC for the foreseeable future.

I don't think so. He is older and slowing down, in my opinion.