Chiefs extend Kelce

jkeerie

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Does this just replace the old deal he was already on, meaning he's tied to the Chiefs through 2025, or does it tack on two NEW years, meaning he's tied to the Chiefs through 2027?

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully his age catches up with him this year and his legs fall off. Then his billionaire husband is so shocked his vocal chords fall out which causes every Swifty in the world to spontaneously combust.

Christ, I hope we can win the SB at some point so I can stop being so bitter

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Dislike 2

I expect a big rebound season from Kelce (you're a pretty awesome player when 984 yards and 5 TDs marks a "down year" for you, btw).

Hollywood and Worthy are gonna open a lottt of things up for Kelce in the middle of the field. I also think that whatever injury and romance distraction nonsense happened last season will likely be in the past.

He is and will continue to be the de facto number 1 pass catcher in KC for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Does this just replace the old deal he was already on, meaning he's tied to the Chiefs through 2025, or does it tack on two NEW years, meaning he's tied to the Chiefs through 2027?

It says it's an extension, so it must be added years.

So...not only do we have to deal with him on KC for longer than hoped, we also have to deal with Taylor Swift in the fan suite.  Ugh!

Just now, jkeerie said:

So...not only do we have to deal with him on KC for longer than hoped, we also have to deal with Taylor Swift in the fan suite.  Ugh!

I actually love that part of it.

I'd way rather see her beautiful, smiling, joyful face than a shot of Chiefs fans in the crowd or of a grinning Tony Romo or a walrus-mustached Andy Reid.

I am not at all amongst the anti-Taylor crowd. Her collective 47 seconds of air time during a 3.5 hour broadcast don't bother me in the least.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

He is the most unlikable guy in the NFL because he was already a megadouche but now all of these tweens eyes are upon him about being a good man/role model because crazy taytay think her #1873839392 option of a man is a good one.

F'n both. Everything after 1989 sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I actually love that part of it.

I'd way rather see her beautiful, smiling, joyful face than a shot of Chiefs fans in the crowd or of a grinning Tony Romo or a walrus-mustached Andy Reid.

I am not at all amongst the anti-Taylor crowd. Her collective 47 seconds of air time during a 3.5 hour broadcast don't bother me in the least.

I just look for reasons to say eff KC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

If KC wins the Superbowl this coming season he retires. My prediction. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

He is the most unlikable guy in the NFL because he was already a megadouche but now all of these tweens eyes are upon him about being a good man/role model because crazy taytay think her #1873839392 option of a man is a good one.

F'n both. Everything after 1989 sucks.

Her new album is straight fire, Boyst.

You're missing out :beer:

(I don't know what that emoji is supposed to mean, I just like it)

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

If KC wins the Superbowl this coming season he retires. My prediction  wishful thinking.

😁

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

Relax!

Kelce's 35 this season and he already saw his numbers taper off in yards, YPR, and TDs.  

Gonzalez began falling off at 33.  Expect Kelce's numbers to always be good, but his days of carrying that offense are over and will only deteriorate further.  

I'd be more worried about Rice now with a season under his belt and notable improvement in the 2nd half last season, and now with the addition of worthy and with Marquise Brown now in the mix catching passes from Mahomes and not Jackson.  

That's a handful for any defense, and if Pacheco's on his game it's even worse.  

They should be back to a #1 offense this season with Reid running their show.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1