Josh Working With WR’s Beyond OTAs/Camp

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Where this question comes from is even better.

So it was Keyon no matter what for us Friday.

29 minutes ago, papazoid said:

gotta be fake news

i heard he plays 36 holes a day and stays up late chasing skirts....(sarcasm alert)

Well..."A" skirt.  

On 4/28/2024 at 1:17 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question? Do people really think this matters? Josh tossing the ball around a HS field for a couple hours one weekend this summer. I mean it can't hurt but seriously how much can it possibly matter.

You think in the KC game they said on the sideline remember that out pattern you threw me on the Lockport Lions field in June? Let's do that again!

They aren't going to literally practice plays that they would run in games, lol. They're going to work on rapport, timing, "do this here, I like that, I don't like this", etc... That's definitely helpful. But no, they won't be doing things that they will callback to during a week 12 game in the 4th quarter on 3rd down lol. You have to be trolling to make that connection and think this is bad.

3 hours ago, 808 said:

Diet is part of work ethic. 😐

Jesus dude, I hope you’re being sarcastic, if not, you have work ethic issues to deal with yourself, 🤣

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Where this question comes from is even better.

"If I get a call from Josh in the off season, it's usually him seeing some highlight, running into somebody, throwing with somebody, just something to ask me what I think about somebody, he called me at the Senior Bowl to ask what I think about a couple of guys there.  He's been in the building the last couple of weeks since the off season program has started.  We did give him some guys, we said "sit back there with the coaches, y'all watch them together and talk about how you'd use 'em, I'd like to hear what you see.  He liked a lot of the guys, he really did, but Keon was one, I know he liked him a lot."  Said Josh Facetimed him Friday at home and asked what he thought, and he (Beane) said "barring someone blowing me away, I'm going to take Keon" and he was pretty pumped."

A lot to unpack there;

1) Confirms what I caught out of Josh's OTA presser, he did watch film cut ups on selected WR (and new information, with the coaches)

2) Kind of sounded to me as though Beane intended to take Keon at Pick 28 and just squeezed as much extra draft capitol as he could first

3) "throwing with somebody"  But Josh doesn't throw or work out in the off season prior to OTAs because, because, I read it here on TBD!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/28/2024 at 1:17 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question? Do people really think this matters? Josh tossing the ball around a HS field for a couple hours one weekend this summer. I mean it can't hurt but seriously how much can it possibly matter.

You think in the KC game they said on the sideline remember that out pattern you threw me on the Lockport Lions field in June? Let's do that again!

I think it’s more about building chemistry by getting to know each other both on and off the field. It’s not the be-all-end-all, but it’s not unimportant. 

• Agree 1

What is this diet nonsense, I could understand if he was some slow fat slob but he’s 6’5 250lbs and the most physically dominating QB in the league, one of the greatest athletes on earth.

Because he doesn’t have a 6 pack like Cam and admits to eating like a factory worker this somehow is an issue.

Lame.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

"If I get a call from Josh in the off season, it's usually him seeing some highlight, running into somebody, throwing with somebody, just something to ask me what I think about somebody, he called me at the Senior Bowl to ask what I think about a couple of guys there.  He's been in the building the last couple of weeks since the off season program has started.  We did give him some guys, we said "sit back there with the coaches, y'all watch them together and talk about how you'd use 'em, I'd like to hear what you see.  He liked a lot of the guys, he really did, but Keon was one, I know he liked him a lot."  Said Josh Facetimed him Friday at home and asked what he thought, and he (Beane) said "barring someone blowing me away, I'm going to take Keon" and he was pretty pumped."

A lot to unpack there;

1) Confirms what I caught out of Josh's OTA presser, he did watch film cut ups on selected WR (and new information, with the coaches)

2) Kind of sounded to me as though Beane intended to take Keon at Pick 28 and just squeezed as much extra draft capitol as he could first

3) "throwing with somebody"  But Josh doesn't throw or work out in the off season prior to OTAs because, because, I read it here on TBD!

Did you catch the video of Bean & Pegula when they picked Bishop?  You could see how relieved Bean was that he didn't have to trade up to land the guy.  And Pegula's reaction told me that they had talked to him about how much they wanted Bishop.  And this reminded me of the stress and gamesmanship a good GM like Bean has to do on draft day.  They badly wanted Coleman & Bishop but Bean squeezed everything he could out of the picks and still landed his guys.  Had Bean taken Coleman at 28 we would not have gotten that 3rd round pick from KC and had he feared losing Bishop and had traded our 4th round pick to move up maybe we don't get the running back.  By taking a couple of chances Bean likley landed two additional starters or key subs in addition to landing the 2 players they wanted.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Jesus dude, I hope you’re being sarcastic, if not, you have work ethic issues to deal with yourself, 🤣

Is taking care of your body not part of being a professional? 
if you work out but eat like ***** youre not really going to maximize what youre doing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, 808 said:

Is taking care of your body not part of being a professional? 
if you work out but eat like ***** youre not really going to maximize what youre doing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I think your jumping the shark when it comes to what you think Allen eats every day, that he “might” eat pepperoni pizza or potato chips etc off and on doesn’t mean he has a crappy diet, football players aren’t Buddhist monks, the vast majority of them drink alcohol, and a lot of those elite athletes smoke pot, ya need to get over your misguided fan boy ideas of how these guys live their lives, just sayin…, 

On 4/28/2024 at 12:59 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Josh must be working with his receivers because Ms Steinfeld was sitting at the table right next to us at breakfast this morning and Josh wasn’t with her. (She appeared to be with her Dad.) 

Jerry Steinfeld?

On 4/28/2024 at 2:53 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lol...I turned the page in another thread. All positive from here on out.

A come to Jesus moment for Ethan. His life will never be the same. Hallelujah!!!

On 4/28/2024 at 2:59 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Josh must be working with his receivers because Ms Steinfeld was sitting at the table right next to us at breakfast this morning and Josh wasn’t with her. (She appeared to be with her Dad.) 

No, that was Josh. Rough offseason of partying. That wild Hollywood lifestyle.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:17 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest answer: weren't you here for the multiple threads whinging that Mahomes was having photos snapped with Hollywood Brown and some other receivers in the weight room, and talking about him throwing with the Chiefs WR and some draft picks?  Voices were loud and numerous that Josh doesn't put in any football work all off season.

I could have missed it, but I don't believe I saw you in those threads telling the crowds it didn't matter.

But now that Beane is saying Josh has thrown with some draft prospects and calls him up to talk about them, and that Josh plans to get together to throw outside of OTAs, now here you are telling us it doesn't matter

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I think your jumping the shark when it comes to what you think Allen eats every day, that he “might” eat pepperoni pizza or potato chips etc off and on doesn’t mean he has a crappy diet, football players aren’t Buddhist monks, the vast majority of them drink alcohol, and a lot of those elite athletes smoke pot, ya need to get over your misguided fan boy ideas of how these guys live their lives, just sayin…, 

The thing is fans hear a thing and run with it.  Like Keon Coleman talking about eating at Waffle House and McDonalds.  He talked in the RGIII interview someone posted, about now people are saying all he eats is fast food; he said he knows how to cook and his mom and brother live with him, someone cooks most of the time and he eats fast food maybe once a week, like a "cheat day".  

Even some guys like Zo Alexander who were outspoken about following particular diets in an effort to take care of their bodies also talked about how after a game, he would "just eat whatever" - whatever appealed to him and made him feel good, so he had a cheat day.

• Like (+1) 1