Rd 6, Pick 219: CB Daequan Hardy, Penn State

Wouldn’t surprise at all if this kid makes the team and even gets some playing time ,  Somehow we’ve been able to find good players  in the late rounds especially at the DB position 

Edited by Putin
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Wouldn’t surprise at all if this kid makes the team and even gets some playing time ,  Somehow we’ve been able to find good players  in the late rounds especially at the DB position 

He has a very clear path, like a number of Beane’s picks this year. . Backup slot corner, punt returner, other special team assignments. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

He has a very clear path, like a number of Beane’s picks this year. . Backup slot corner, punt returner, other special team assignments. 

This is who we need on our ST’s rookies and young players who could develop into starters or a solid depth players , and stop paying $5mil a year to players like Matackevich who are ST only 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Agreed. To me it seems that 7 picks are all but locks to make the roster, Ulofoshio is very close to this status, and Grable has a solid chance. I love it. 

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With the new kickoff rules this is a way for him to get a jersey on Sundays. 

Interesting that we took two of them. Definitely weren’t happy with Harty 

• Like (+1) 1

Taron Johnson is 27 years old. Quality players tend to enter their "prime" at about that age.  If Johnson has a typical career, he should have a good few years ahead of him.  At the very least, he should be a solid special teams contributor and insurance, should Johnson get hurt early in his career.  If he proves to be capable early on, he can get some reps and enable Johnson to stay fresh.  Of course, he could eventually provide some protection if Johnson comes due for a cap busting type contract.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

True, but I don't foresee them using Coleman in the return game too often if at all. He'll have a good size role on offense to prepare for every week IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Taron might have been the next guy after Josh that I was most worried about getting hurt last year just with how valuable of a role he plays in our D and with only Cam Lewis as his backup. Getting a solid backup there, and a guy that can return kicks is a great pick.

Does anyone know if he can play outside in a pinch? Think Ingram is our boundary CB4 but it would be nice to feel comfortable keeping him inactive on gamedays when everyone is healthy and using Lewis/Hardy in an emergency where both starters are hurt (which I feel like has happened several times over the past few years)

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite Bills CB of all time is Antoine Winfield, the guy was a heat seeking missle and was only 5'9", Hardy isn't of the same mold but I like what he shows in the videos and like the 3rd game in shows him playing in snow which is great to see. He should be a solid special teamer and a good backup for Taron Johnson (hopefully).

On 4/27/2024 at 5:49 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Penn State fan friend of mine said Hardy is a really good slot corner who didn’t get much press because PSU’s boundary corners have been so good.  I’m thinking he will stick on this roster for that ability as well as possibly become our K/P returner.

On 4/27/2024 at 5:54 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Can he play WR?

I don't think so. He's listed as a CB

On 4/27/2024 at 7:07 PM, Rockinon said:

Sneaky good pick. Nickle corners in this offense seem to make a lot of great plays.

how is a 6th round pick sneaky good....and what is sneaky about it? was wondering when someone was going to say sneaky good about something. The new phrase

Edited by nucci

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

My favorite Bills CB of all time is Antoine Winfield, the guy was a heat seeking missle and was only 5'9", Hardy isn't of the same mold but I like what he shows in the videos and like the 3rd game in shows him playing in snow which is great to see. He should be a solid special teamer and a good backup for Taron Johnson (hopefully).

Like a combination of him and Terrence McGee with those returns

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

I don't think so. He's listed as a CB

how is a 6th round pick sneaky good....and what is sneaky about it? was wondering when someone was going to say sneaky good about something. The new phrase

“Sneaky good” is an old phrase that’s been around for as long as I can remember. I first heard it applied to Robert James by a press box statistician at the Rockpile in James’s rookie year because James just kept making plays in kickoff coverage. It’s used to describe players/transactions that nobody pays much, if any, attention to at the time and people are like, “Whoa, where did this guy come from?”, when he does something noticeable. It’s sneaky because nobody saw it coming. 

16 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Maybe, but the change to the kick off rules makes that much more like a punt return thus the need.  With Hardy gone it opened a spot for a primary PR late in the draft and they decided to go with Hardy. Fun to think that Keon could do it but I really doubt they want their top pick returning. Still good to have that skill in case the PR gets injured in a game.