Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Well I have to say after weeks of talking about it, I feel the draft underwhelmed a bit both due to the Bills picks and talent pool as a whole. I guess last years draft was a tough one to follow up with the Kincaid/Torrence start. My favorite picks are SVPG and Javon Solomon. I do like we at least took some swings at building the offensive line in front of Josh after losing Morse and Bates. 

I hope we figure out something to add some more talent to the WR room before the season starts. I shudder at the idea of seeing Shorter or Mack Hollins start if someone gets injured. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Clayton has never played a single down of organized football at any level.  Heavens.  Watch his work out though, OMG!  Line THAT dude up at WR, no one will cover him!

He needs to be the new short yardage back instead of Allen taking punishment. Lol 

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OK, so this guy rides on the taxi squad, never sees the field, and goes back to rugby in 3 years....

He hasn't really got an rugby to go back to. He played amateur rugby. He has never been a pro. It's a really interesting back story. 

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

No double dip on a WR.  I guess they like Shorter more than we thought.

Shorter is an interesting one. 90% of me thinks he does nothing and doesn't even make the team (maybe the PS) but then another part of me dreams that they've seen him in practice and think he can surprise everyone 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

many here including myself would have been perfectly good with that.  Trading with KC regardless of the player without more overpayment was concerning

Well thank god you aren’t making decisions. You don’t draft someone just to keep someone from taking them, idiotic. The Bills got who they wanted at WR after the top 4 were gone and got to move up into the 3rd round. No complaints. The only people complaining are fans. 

I'm down to 6 left on the board....

1. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

2. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

3. Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn

4. Javion Cohen, IOL, Miami

5. Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

6. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

I more of these goes and that is new record I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

many here including myself would have been perfectly good with that.  Trading with KC regardless of the player without more overpayment was concerning

KC traded up with us who weren't taking him to get ahead of the Chargers who took a WR that was completely different from him. So unless someone else was going to jump them they could have stayed put. Bills got picks to let KC take a guy they were most likely going to get anyway. You can agree or disagree with their assessment but they let the Panthers take Leggette so they could take Coleman in the 2nd getting better draft position and an easier cap situation.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

Well thank god you aren’t making decisions. You don’t draft someone just to keep someone from taking them, idiotic. The Bills got who they wanted at WR after the top 4 were gone and got to move up into the 3rd round. No complaints. The only people complaining are fans. 

This whole idea (if people are being serious) of drafting a player you don't want IN THE FIRST ROUND so that another team doesn't get him is literally the stupidest thing I have ever read on here - and that's saying a lot

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1