Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think youre being to detailed in trying to plug guys into other guys (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Like I said upthread, I think we adjust the Offense back to what was more successful under Dabol, and that is spreading the ball around instead of forcing it to just 1 or 2 main guys (where 1 of those "holes" is).

Coleman

Samuel

Shakir

Kincaid

Knox

Cook

Another WR will be our... 7th option? 6th at best? How many are lining up each play? No more than 4-5.

And that isnt counting the amount of running plays we need to run either. Also not counting Hollins, Shorter, or even Isabella.

I wouldnt call it gaping, other than missing Diggs' talent.

I'm sure we'll bring in a vet after guys get cut. That's all we really need at this point. Doesnt have to come from the draft.

Daboll spread the ball around to WR’s mostly.

Beasley and Diggs had over 270 targets combined. 

John Brown and Gabe Davis combined to another 114 targets. Davis was clutch because Smoke was hurt for much of the year.

Then you had Knox, McKenzie and Singletary with 128 targets combined.

So when you ask, do we need a 6th or 7th reasonable target, especially in case of injury, the answer is YES. 

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

But in this case #2 isn't close to elite. He's fine.

No. Ed is close to elite. He has been fantastic the last two years. The numbers didn't pop in 2022 but when he was healthy he was dominating games and he did in 2023 too.