Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I do find it odd that the Bills have not tried to get back into the top 120 or so from where they are. 

Beane very satisfied with his effort level.

Of course there will be some kind of "well the way the board fell, we just didn't see value"

We'd have been better off if they'd just have nuked the whole roster 

I have to wonder if teams are flat-out refusing to trade with us, in order to prevent Beane from doing what he would prefer to do. He mentioned trying to trade up for Bishop, multiple times in his presser last night... 

Maybe what all these soon-to-spam-WGR whiner liners DON'T know is that Beane HAS been trying. Believe it or not, this ain't Madden: You can't just force trades, and none of us here have a clue what Beane is thinking or trying to do.

Chew on that.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Baltimore wins the draft every year.

Not psyched about Beane’s use of draft assets so far.  This is a super important draft and he’s being really passive.

For a team that "wins" draft "every year", they don't win much.

I mean I agree with you that their drafts always look good, but apparently it doesn't mean that much.

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

There aren't enough roster spots up for grabs.  That said a RB2 and a DB would be nice depth pieces. 

According to who. First the Bills only have 66 guys on their roster right now on a preseason roster of 90.

They need RB2 like you said, they could go TE to develop next year and release Knox, They could use cheap OL so they don't have to sign a guy like La'El Collins for depth, they currently don't have a 4th DE unless you include Kingsley Jonathan, they need a 4th LB to compete with Spector, they need 2 CBS right now, and they could use another Safety to compete, not to mention a punter.

There are a lot of areas the Bills can improve the bottom of their roster specifically.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I do find it odd that the Bills have not tried to get back into the top 120 or so from where they are. 

I'm just snowballing here, but I think the draft might be falling the way they anticipated, to a certain extent.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Bortolini broke the 3 Cone drill record but DeWayne Carter broke him at the Senior Bowl

Any excuse to post a clip from this multiple-Oscar winning film classic.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Okay diggs didn’t do crap in the 2nd half of the season so tell me more 

also got rid of cap and got a 2nd 

addition by subtraction the future is better because of the move 

Even if you consider Diggs second half as what he will be going forward....they have downgraded significantly

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Shakir will be over 900 yards. His RAC is very excellent.  Dude just catches the ball.  Watch his highlights - watches the ball into his hands, sucks the ball in and into position for a football move immediately, turns upfield as soon as he has the ball with little hesitation. I feel he is underrated.  Samual at 800?  I'm good with that.  Coleman if he is brought along should get 500 plus yards, if fed the ball could do much better.  Kincaid could be near 1000 yards if used properly.

I feel our WR room is better.  Diggs was a problem in the locker room, good move to remove that problem.  Davis dropped so many balls last year that would have made a difference in games.  Glad he is gone so we can stop force feeding a dude that couldn't get the job done.

No issue moving on from Davis.  His drops killed us.

There has never been any suggestion by anyone Diggs was a problem in the locker room.  

The only two people who may have had an issue with Diggs were McD (I am very concerned) and Allen(getting called out for playing like shot against Bengals).  

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Any excuse to post a clip from this multiple-Oscar winning film classic.

I'll allow it as this is my favorite 80's action movie even though the story is a complete fabrication. Bolo Yung is still jacked even though he's old as hell now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think there's a difference between game changing players and super stars when it comes to WRs. KC just won back to back Super Bowls with Kelce and a pile of JAGs.

Shakir and Kincaid changed the game plenty last year with big plays. So did Cook. If Shakir can scale his production across more volume, Kincaid continues his progression, and Samuel hits career average numbers, we shouldn't have any issue with having enough receiving weapons to get the ball to, especially when you toss in Cook, Knox, the rookie, and a potential for Shorter to do something.

FWIW I'ma  big believer in Shakir. I think he'll post top 30 WR numbers. I also think Kincaid will. If Coleman can be good for 600-700 and Samuel around the same, I think we'll be in a decent spot.

Could we still use another guy? Sure, most teams could. It'll only be a problem if we start suffering injuries.

I genuinely hate the KC comparison. We don't have one of the greatest offensive minds in history developing our offense. At least KC had Kelce who admittedly is on the tail end of his career but still draws a lot of attention from opposing defenses. I don't see anyone on our roster doing that right now. 

You think Shakir will be a 1,000 yard receiver? Because that's top 30 WR territory. Id be surprised if that were to happen.

I think there's going to be a lot of growing pains on offense now that we're putting a lot of pressure on young players to pick up the slack left behind.

• Agree 1