Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think they view Samuel as an outside WR like I said when the signed him when everyone was saying he was a slot.

Exactly Samuel is the diggs replacement and Coleman is replacing Gabe 

shakir can mix in everywhere 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

Are Brendan Rice and Jamari Thrash still available?

I don’t know Thrash, but I do like the idea of a Thrash jersey 🤘🤘 🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Game changing players aren't needed?

Where would we be if we didn't trade for Diggs and instead relied on John Brown, Beasley and Gabe to be our top 3 WRs? We are worse than that right now. 

I think there's a difference between game changing players and super stars when it comes to WRs. KC just won back to back Super Bowls with Kelce and a pile of JAGs.

Shakir and Kincaid changed the game plenty last year with big plays. So did Cook. If Shakir can scale his production across more volume, Kincaid continues his progression, and Samuel hits career average numbers, we shouldn't have any issue with having enough receiving weapons to get the ball to, especially when you toss in Cook, Knox, the rookie, and a potential for Shorter to do something.

FWIW I'ma  big believer in Shakir. I think he'll post top 30 WR numbers. I also think Kincaid will. If Coleman can be good for 600-700 and Samuel around the same, I think we'll be in a decent spot.

Could we still use another guy? Sure, most teams could. It'll only be a problem if we start suffering injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

One or both will be available and we won't pick them.  There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth on this board, and I'm here for it

I haven't had a good gnash since I was in my 20s

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is exactly what he's doing. I told people that I thought Buffalo would use most of their draft picks this year because they have to add cheap young players and start relying on them and it looks like that is exactly what Beane is doing. This team needs to start developing the bottom of their roster instead of signing vets to 1 year deals.

There aren't enough roster spots up for grabs.  That said a RB2 and a DB would be nice depth pieces.