Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Not necessarily. There are plenty of guys a lot of know at this point in the draft. It's usually not until about round 5 when I or a lot of people start not really knowing who people are. Round 3 is still pretty early to not know who players are

What does it say when those guys you heard of are still there?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I actually think this has been a really strong draft.  

But it’s the same type of draft that has us being really good all year and falling short in the playoffs. 

Coleman has some boom/bust in him, but Bishop and Carter are just good, maybe really good football players if they hit.   We have a lot of good players .. we don’t have difference makers (as of today) outside Josh Allen. 

Yeah! Barely win the division! Lose at home to Joe Burrow this time or maybe the kid in Houston....

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Andre Reed was a 4th, Stefon Diggs was a 5th, Stevie Johnson was a 7th. 

That’s nice but this staff has drafted a number of underwhelming defensive players that struggle to see the field. People are getting sick of it. Best case scenario this guy gets into the rotation. Most likely scenario he is in and out of the lineup and starts to be helpful 3 years down the road. Worst scenario he gets the Boogie treatment 

Edited by BananaB

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

They were the right picks to who? We’re 98 picks in and neither has come off the board.  Hello how long does it take for people to realize these guys aren’t that good obviously 

I can see the people saying they know more than our one GM, but when people start to claim to be smarter than all 32 gms that passed on Franklin then I start to go hmmmmm haha 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Gotta love the "havent heard of him" crowd who assume everyone they don't know of must be a bust in the making.  Meanwhile the guy they think the Bills should have taken at pick 33 (Troy Franklin) has now been passed on by every team in the NFL twice and 3 times by the Bills.  

But the board...the board...I know who Franklin is, how dare they not take the name I know.  

You would you everyone would learn their lesson after the meltdowns of Josh Allen, Milano, Berard, Taron, etc.  Careers are made on draft by the names you know.  Let these kids get on the field at least before you map out their careers.  

I agree. After decades of drafts, I've learned to look more at the positions drafted than the players. So many hyped players do nothing and many more come out of nowhere to become stars.  If Josh Allen, McDermott and Beane thought that Keon Coleman was the best fit, that is a more reliable assessment than me thinking that Ladd McConkey was the best choice four hours ago because I read a few articles this morning.

Buffalo drafted their two top positions, added two picks and drafted a DT that most are rating as a good pick. On paper, that was the logical path. We will only know for sure after seeing the players in action.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

ok bud

What franchise are you scouting for again?

This F.O has proven itself to be elite imo

He outsources his scouting to Google. They're a billion dollar company. Beane isn't a billion dollar company. Who would you trust?

18 minutes ago, ShakAttack said:

Poor Josh Allen.

There's mine.

Apparently Coleman is the receiver Allen wanted, so Allen is probably happy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What does it say when those guys you heard of are still there?

Jesus christ. You mean the same people that Daniel Jeremiah still has listed in his top 100 or even top 75 players? Those guys? You make it sound like because they are still there and I have heard of them that they suck. Try again 

Edited by Buffalo03

Just now, BananaB said:

That’s nice but this staff has drafted a number of underwhelming defensive players that struggle to see the field. People are getting sick of it. Best case scenario this guy gets into the rotation. Most likely scenario he is in and out of the lineup and starts to be helpful 3 years down the road. 

Rousseau, Oliver, Milano, Bernard, Taron Johnson and Benford might disagree with you. Dane Jackson would too if we had kept him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

A backup DT is never going to lead anything. 

Allen, Milano, and Dawkins is all you need for leaders.

They need playmakers on offense. This draft really sucks.

Two goofballs and a quiet guy are all that is needed for leaders huh?  They’re great players but their leadership is unproven.

Lost: Poyer, Hyde, Morse, Diggs, Gabe, Tre.  All leaders in their own way and Morse, Hyde, Poyer all have a maturity level that will be missed.  Tre led with friendliness and work ethic and will also be missed.  Diggs and Gabe can be debated but not dismissed.

I doubt a 3rd round DT will be looked at as a leader right away but that’s not the point.  Your assertion that we are all set is plainly silly.

• Agree 1