Bills interested in Deebo Samuel per Mike Giardi

1 minute ago, appoo said:

The issue isn't the Niners saving cap space, but how would the Bills fit Deebo's 20.9M base salary into a $2M cap

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Riddle me this: How are the 49ers -- themselves just $6million under the salary cap -- going to eat the amount of Deebo or Aiyuk's cap hit it would take to make this trade possible? Please, by all means, explain it to me.

Tell that to this dude who thought he checkmated me with this gem lmao

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

we all agree to terms, it’s the 2025 pick and we wait until June 1 for paperwork? 

also gives some runway for other cap maneuvering 

The Bills' salary cap space, even with the additional $10 million, still would not be equal to Deebo's cap hit. Indeed, other cap maneuvering would be necessary by Buffalo between now and June 1st.

But it certainly seems to me, though -- and this is backed up by the timing of the Tweets in question -- that people are primarily talking about the 49ers trading a WR away NOW, during the draft. And that, in particular, is what I'm mostly discussing here.

22 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

he’s only broken 900 yards once and has never played a full season. NOPE!!!

Bear in mind that Deebo has been operating as a running back at times in the 49ers offense.  If we intended to use him solely as a wideout, his receiving numbers would go up and he would be less injury prone.

Just now, FireChans said:

Tell that to this dude who thought he checkmated me with this gem lmao

1.) I don't think the post by Appoo that you quoted means what you think it means

2.) You still have yet to answer me by explaining the mechanism by which the Bills can trade for Deebo Samuel today.

Talk all the smack you want. Until you can explain how I'm wrong and you're right, it's all just gum-flapping.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just waiting patiently for you to explain how the Bills pull this trade off.

I know it'll be a nuanced and well thought out plan. 

I can hardly wait.

Can’t the Bills restructure some current players and create cap space ?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Not that much. 

Is that a yes or no ? 

since the response was an eye roll, I’m guessing it’s a yes they can. It wouldn’t be my first choice, but if restructuring of current players is an option then it’s absolutely possible.

Edited by julian
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

I would not like this! 

My gut is that in general, when you hear about Bills interest in a trade, it's maybe at the level of a phone call "so, would the player possibly be available?  oh, OK, Thanks"

• Agree 1

Are Bills "rumors" ever true? I feel like the Bills are connected with every single potential trade for every single player potentially available.