NFL gives players the option to wear guardian shells during games.

Beast

Hasn't it been pretty evident that the more "armor" they give these guys, the more reckless they play?

I bet if they took helmets off of people entirely, there would be way less people willing to launch themselves head first into other players or lower their head/shoulder to truck a defender.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Hasn't it been pretty evident that the more "armor" they give these guys, the more reckless they play?

I bet if they took helmets off of people entirely, there would be way less people willing to launch themselves head first into other players or lower their head/shoulder to truck a defender.

They’ve been making this argument for years. The thought is that less protection equals less injuries because there’s less recklessness. I don’t follow rugby at all, but it’d be interesting to compare the injury stats since that’s also a contact sport. 

Also, this soft outer shell completely hides helmet colors and logos, so they’ll need to be colored according to team. Last thing we want is players (ie Quarterbacks) getting their targets confused. 

4 hours ago, Low Positive said:

This thread should be a lot of fun. What's the o/u on the number of posts until someone makes a comment on kids getting participation trophies?  What about "pretty soon, it'll be flag football?" How about "they might as well be playing in pantyhose?"

It's a giant hidden global communist conspiracy! 

The NFL cared so much about teams not having alternate helmets until just a few weeks ago and now we see why. A lot of players helmets will just be covered up now, so the league being nit-picky about teams having alternate logo helmets no longer seems so important. 

Edited by Billznut
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

So we've got padding inside the helmets, then the hard shell, then the guardian caps added padding outside the hard shell.  How about we add another hard shell to these so it can fully be a helmet inside a helmet?  Is two helmets even enough?  Maybe three would be safer...

Personally, I love the double-decker taco at Taco Bell.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

So we've got padding inside the helmets, then the hard shell, then the guardian caps added padding outside the hard shell.  How about we add another hard shell to these so it can fully be a helmet inside a helmet?  Is two helmets even enough?  Maybe three would be safer...

I got u covered.

Kelsooooo.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With this, the major kickoff changes, going to 17 and probably 18 games... it's like a new game. Most of the previous records will be meaningless. No one comes close to popularity of the NFL in the US. Why trying to fix something that isn't broken?

Though I liked the padded helmets for practices, the limitation of practices overall and of padded contact practices, making players come off for a concussion tests, and many other changes. This seems overkill.