Do You Like What Beane Did in the First Round?

Gugny

Do You Like What Beane Did in the First Round?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like What Beane Did in the First Round?

44 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Trading with KC, a team that is better and smarter than OBD in every sense, makes me angry. Like, you know they outclass you on the field and off, avoid helping them at all costs. Whatever, let's run the ball and pretend it's 1990, and continue wasting a unicorn QB.

Thank you. The Bills fans here pretending that we got one over on KC are hilarious. They’ve been better at talent evaluation, team building, coaching and execution on the field than us. But, hey, we turned a 4th round pick into the last non-compensatory 3rd round pick and moved waaaay up on the 7th round. All they got was the WR they really wanted. 3-D chess! Genius!

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

the long awaited thoughts...

we have a lot more options which make a lot more sense today with 33 than we did at 28. at 28 we were drafting a first round player with 2nd round talent. it sucks we gave talent to the Chiefs.

OPTION 1

We keep 33 and draft BPA, move along with the draft like normal

OPTION 2

We use a 2nd round pick to trade for a WR. This is not likely to be with Aiyuk as the internet is abuzz that the niners won't deal him and only interested in dealing Samuel. No thanks on Samuel.

OPTION 3 - my favortite

Trade 33 for a 1st round in '25. 1:1 deal would even be fine. Ideally, though, we could trade with a team for their 1st and their second to move back even further. Looking at the big board this is reasonable because the talent on board is BPA but we can squeak back. In this case it rules out getting Mitchell or McConky most likely. But, there are other WR's not far off the same tier.

OPTION 4 - most likely, sort of...

Double dip on WR.

Adonai Mitchell / Ladd McConkey - i expect we pick him at 33. But, then come back up and get McConky or wait and get Franklin, McMillan, Polk or Coleman with the other 2nd round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bearstobills said:

I think a more pointed question would be...

1.) Would you rather have Xavier Legette, Xavier Worthy, or Ricky Pearsall in the first round      OR

2.) Would you rather add a 3rd round pick, and have a choice between Troy Franklin, Adonai Mitchell, or Ladd McConkey in the 2nd round

My personal order of those guys pre-draft was:

1. Franklin
  2. McConkey
  3. Pearsall
  4. Mitchell
  5. Legette
  6. Worthy

With a significant gap from Pearsall to Mitchell and an even more significant gap from Mitchell to Legette/Worthy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

My personal order of those guys pre-draft was:

1. Franklin
  2. McConkey
  3. Pearsall
  4. Mitchell
  5. Legette
  6. Worthy

With a significant gap from Pearsall to Mitchell and an even more significant gap from Mitchell to Legette/Worthy.

Any concern with Franklins speed? 

57 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Sorry undecided, poll me again in January 2025!

Nothing but the best in NFL commentary on TBD, like being back in grade school, good post!

Sounds like someone needs to loosen their girdle.

Absolute disaster unless we trade for one of the established WRs. Even then, why trade with KC? to only move up from the 4th to 3rd?!

You just take a WR and hope it’s the one KC wanted. Not guarantee they get the guy they want. Insane. clearly KC thought their guy could be gone by 32 

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

the long awaited thoughts...

we have a lot more options which make a lot more sense today with 33 than we did at 28. at 28 we were drafting a first round player with 2nd round talent. it sucks we gave talent to the Chiefs.

OPTION 1

We keep 33 and draft BPA, move along with the draft like normal

OPTION 2

We use a 2nd round pick to trade for a WR. This is not likely to be with Aiyuk as the internet is abuzz that the niners won't deal him and only interested in dealing Samuel. No thanks on Samuel.

OPTION 3 - my favortite

Trade 33 for a 1st round in '25. 1:1 deal would even be fine. Ideally, though, we could trade with a team for their 1st and their second to move back even further. Looking at the big board this is reasonable because the talent on board is BPA but we can squeak back. In this case it rules out getting Mitchell or McConky most likely. But, there are other WR's not far off the same tier.

OPTION 4 - most likely, sort of...

Double dip on WR.

Adonai Mitchell / Ladd McConkey - i expect we pick him at 33. But, then come back up and get McConky or wait and get Franklin, McMillan, Polk or Coleman with the other 2nd round pick.

Only option 4 seems reasonable to me.   If we somehow go out of the first 2 rounds without a WR in a class that's 1)the deepest its been at the position in recent years, and 2) The absolute biggest positional need on the team in recent years,  it just feels like a massive failure.   Trading for another vet just makes me think getting rid of Diggs was a costly mistake

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

Any concern with Franklins speed? 

He's one of the fastest WRs in the draft, so no. I like Coleman as well who actually has speed concerns though lol.

I like it.  

This is a mini-1-year-rebuild for all intents and purposes, and it was 100% necessary.  They held onto the quantity of picks, improved the position of some picks, and we can only assume they did not lose out on anything they wanted moving from 28-33 (so far).  

They need to replace Diggs and Davis... but also they needed more on top of that.  Some 6th or 7th WR in the draft isn't going to make that up.  They are in a bind, have other holes, and all these picks and a glut of cap money should get this team ready to gun for the Super Bowl again starting in 2025.  

For now, they are going to try to duct tape the offense together and hope Allen and the McDermott defense can snake a wild card spot

Edited by May Day 10

I just don't trust their wide receiver scouting ability, Worthy seemed like a slam dunk pick there. He's got the production, the tape is awesome, and he destroyed the combine, but he's on the smaller side, are we really going to do better than him at that spot? Then we hand him to the Chiefs? It just feels so wrong. 

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He's one of the fastest WRs in the draft, so no. I like Coleman as well who actually has speed concerns though lol.

Yeah. I read Franklin, I responded Franklin, But my brain short circuited and kept saying Coleman

21 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Absolute disaster unless we trade for one of the established WRs. Even then, why trade with KC? to only move up from the 4th to 3rd?!

You just take a WR and hope it’s the one KC wanted. Not guarantee they get the guy they want. Insane. clearly KC thought their guy could be gone by 32 

not scoring points is going to be fun 🥶🥴

2 hours ago, NoName said:

How do you trade with KC?  The team that kicked your ass every year.  What a moron.

Yeah I have much less of a problem with trading down than I do with WHO they traded down with.

In a word, no.

Especially the first move with the Chiefs. Maybe KC gets the pick right, maybe they don't. What ya don't do is hand the team that whoops your ass in the playoffs every year a chance a player of their choosing. So ***** stupid.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1