Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

18 minutes ago, Bills aPHILLYate said:

At this point I think we could mess around and get a combo of 2 safeties and an edge in our next 3 picks.

Try to move up in the 4th for another WR or DT and then do whatever the board dictates as far as depth pieces

that would be amazing.  a handful of jags you could get any year while leaving a generational player without an actual difference maker.  brilliant strategy, i love it.

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

a paradigm shaking strategy, draft based on game day meals, love it

19 minutes ago, Saratoga Fan said:

Did Beane call you for your input? If not, who gives a sh-t

Nobody has to. Surprised you came out for your 17th time since 2021 to respond. To what do I owe this pleasure? 

Edited by mrags
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Hopefully my comparison of Keon as WR Josh Allen is apt lol. I am admittedly a bit out on a limb with my support of Coleman much like I was Allen.

Good call this morning making the case that Coleman might be the target at 33. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, AKC said:

Add to this something you alluded to earlier in this string- coaches like McVay and Shanahan have proven with contemporary rules that you can scheme guys open in today’s NFL and make guys like Cooper Kupp dominant. I’m expecting Joe Brady and Josh Allen to turn Coleman into a dangerous and productive WR as early as this coming season.

You are giving way to much credit to McD.

McD <= Shanahan

Shanahan <= McVay

15 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, there's a difference...he can catch the ball.

I can't find a single profile that thinks he'll ever be more than an average starter.  

Not worth arguing over, just trying to get past the homer takes and see what we really got.  

If you find one, point it out.  

Here's a good write-up though, but at best he appears to have been a marginal reach, at best.  

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-florida-state-keon-coleman-polarizing-wide-receiver-prospect

11 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Oh yeah, Bishop. Been pounding the simulator for him all off-season

So have you been pounding the bishop for him? Simulating pounding the bishop? Simulating him pounding the bishop?   

im highly confused and more importantly frightened and disturbed.  This is a family board-seek help dude😁

• Haha (+1) 3

I won’t pretend to have any prior knowledge on this player, because I don’t. But from what i’m reading on Reddit and beyond (most of which was posted a month or more ago), he really struggled to get separation in college. Which means he will likely struggle to get separation in the NFL. And lack of separation is already an issue in our offense.

I’m trying to let myself like the pick. 

he has great hands

he hasn’t called Josh out on Twitter and wants to be a bill

just every highlight has him covered. I hope he can learn a few tricks to create space.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Pfffft.....what would Simms know about football....

(That was a joke, love Simms)

Wait till he said about our great white hope of a safety! 

I was told this was the pick this am and they are 2 for 2 w picks thus far so I believe it. But the other story was Leggett was their guy last night and they were shocked when CAR took him.

I hoped it was BS bc everyone knows someone who knows something. I didn't want to believe he got greedy and lost his guy to make a 6th a 5th.  I spent all day hoping it was false, bc how do u LET someone jump you and THEN they take your guy?! When this was the pick I was worried it was true bc Coleman was who this person said wld be the pick.

Then, later when they said pk 2 was prob Cole Bishop I admit I had no idea who that was. When he was the 2nd pick... it made me sad that it means that story must be true. That said I was a big Leggett guy so maybe that's why it rubs me the wrong way. I'm a big in Beane I trust guy... but this means he got burned. How much it matters remains to be seen, but none the less...

Edited by gobills1212
  • Haha (+1) 1