Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

1 minute ago, Bockeye said:

Yeah 4.61 is slow as hell and no way he’s gonna succeed. You’re all the same peeps that immediately started crying and labeled Josh a bust. 

Larry Fitzgerald- 4.63

Anquan Boldin- 4.71

Chad Johnson - 4.57

Deandre Hopkins - 4.57

Cooper Kupp - 4.62

and there’s a bunch more…

It’s also reported the Bills had access to his GPS game speed and he’s a 4.5 guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Very thoughtful very articulated position on a WR who will challenge 1000 yards and a guy who can help in the red zone. Josh is tired of smaller guys and wants some targets who catch in contested situations. You might be right on Coleman (who  knows) but alligator arms had the highest catch rate per target in the NFL last year. 

Contested catches are no way to make a living in the modern NFL. 

They make fun highlights. They are not among the great WR’s. There hasn’t been a great contested catch WR in the top 15 in like 15 years.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We have definitely been lacking in the “go up and get it department”, and for quite some time now. 

If he can be that kind of guy, Josh will throw it up for him a dozen times a game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Another guy who did “OK” as a big wr that was clocked even slower than Coleman was Larry Fitzgerald.  It seems Keon has exceptional hands and play-on-ball skills which are what the Bills covet.  Let’s give him a shot before we write him off.  Could end up being a real stud for us. 

Michael Irvin and Chris Carter come to mind also.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just thought of this; Coleman is Allen's desire to avoid those ticky tack picks where our receiver just kind of flailed at the ball. He hopes Coleman will, like a wookiee, tear and arm off a DB to get the ball if need be. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I wanted Mitchell and McConkey, but with Coleman, Franklin is the fella I would take a shot on. 
He wasn't my favorite, but it has to be an X and a Z. Franklin does fit the Diggs' profile, imo.

I think they can get Franklin at 60, if they want him.  That would be both receivers that I hoped they would not draft.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3