Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nobody in the NFL is running away from people consistently except for guys like Tyreek Hill. Diggs wasn't doing that. A WR's job is to create leverage at the catch point to open up a throwing window, then catch the ball, then make something happen with the ball in their hands if there's an opportunity. Coleman I believe can do all of that. And he's going to really work at his craft.

His ceiling is a high target volume low efficiency 1k yard season. He’ll average 700-800 yards per year in his career at most.

I am puking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Keon Coleman is plenty athletic. You don’t play high level D1 basketball and football being a subpar athlete 

Do you think he can play on the boundary and win? The players with his profile that have had success did so out of the slot.

How are they going to make that work and keep Kincaid on the field?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Positive attitude, relentless will to improve, loves to block, can contribute on special teams, "best football is in front of him", can play in the Buffalo elements.

Pretty much a grab bag of tired McDermott/Beane cliches with this guy.

Nevermind speed, explosion, separation ability. Nope. He brings his lunch pail to work and he likes to block! Huzzah!

And heaven forbid we not take the guy that JOSH likes. Worked super well with Ken Dorsey. 

*****. Mother*****ing *****.

when your first pick in a draft plays special teams in todays NFL, it is a problem not a good thing.

• Disagree 1

Just now, LLCoolCy said:

Everyone relax. National media is much higher than our fans.

plus the Pats were trying to get him and the Bills snipped them (they traded down after)

Devante Parker comp is HORRIFIC news lmao

• Like (+1) 1

Keon Coleman is a stud. This nonsense that he doesn't get "separation" is laughable. Y'all need to stop believing everything that talking heads feed you as fact. Coleman was the most sought after WR in the portal last year, absolutely dominated much of 2023 when he was healthy and is built like a Pro receiver should be. #BeanKnowsMoreThanYou #GoBills

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

What about this upcoming season though? We are severely lacking playmakers. 

I don't see it that way...

I believe we just added a potential playmaker due to his contested catch ability alone. 

We still can add another element to the group with another selection in this draft as well.

I'm high on Samuel in this offense along with progression from Kincaid,Shakir and even Cook in the passing game. 

Josh operates best with being able to spread the ball around and not having to pepper a specific guy who couldn't crack 30-50yds for more than half a season.

I'm very optimistic that opinions will change on this pick very quickly. This is coming from someone who wanted AD arguably for the same reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

if every arm chair GM/Coach on here hates him, but the people whose profession it is to make these decisions like him....

I wonder who I trust...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nobody in the NFL is running away from people consistently except for guys like Tyreek Hill. Diggs wasn't doing that. A WR's job is to create leverage at the catch point to open up a throwing window, then catch the ball, then make something happen with the ball in their hands if there's an opportunity. Coleman I believe can do all of that. And he's going to really work at his craft.

Think about how many times the Bills receivers didn't come up with contested catches.  Coleman should fix that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Positive attitude, relentless will to improve, loves to block, can contribute on special teams, "best football is in front of him", can play in the Buffalo elements.

Pretty much a grab bag of tired McDermott/Beane cliches with this guy.

Nevermind speed, explosion, separation ability. Nope. He brings his lunch pail to work and he likes to block! Huzzah!

And heaven forbid we not take the guy that JOSH likes. Worked super well with Ken Dorsey. 

*****. Mother*****ing *****.

All horrible traits we don't need around here

• Haha (+1) 3