Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I've mentioned this numerous times this thread. T.O. is running 4.4 presently😂

It honestly all comes down to training 

The training for the 40-yard dash has came down to an exact science... And you'll get more out of it with the most preparation 

TO is a notorious workout warrior who has never stopped training... It makes sense he can run off 4.44 forty even at his age but when he was coming out of college the science wasn't down to a T yet

I'm nowhere near the athlete I was when I was 21 years old.. but I can still go to a training facility with 20-year-old athletes and clock 20 miles an hour with a 4.48 .. now I'm not Terrell Owens age but I'm not 21

But I'm not the same guy I was when I was 20 it's just I never stopped training and running

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The training for the 40-yard dash has came down to an exact science... And you'll get more out of it with the most preparation 

TO is a notorious workout warrior who has never stopped training... It makes sense he can run off 4.44 forty even at his age but when he was coming out of college the science wasn't down to a T yet

I'm nowhere near the athlete I was when I was 21 years old.. but I can still go to a training facility with 20-year-old athletes and clock 20 miles an hour with a 4.48 .. now I'm not Terrell Owens age but I'm not 21

But I'm not the same guy I was when I was 20 it's just I never stopped training and running

It's over for me at 55, but I can STILL shoot the lights out 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It's over for me at 55, but I can STILL shoot the lights out 🙂

I need a stretch forward for the Gus macker lol

How tall are you and can you still rebound 🤣

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Wow! Everybody hatin' on this guy already? I'll give him a chance. Go Keon! Make them eat their words.

BTW, DHop ran a 4.57s 40 at the combine. TO ran a 4.65. Best ball skills in the draft. I'll compare him to KB if and when he fails. Until then I'll give him a chance to work on his route running. He's 20 and lacking in experience. I see a lot of room for growth.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This is a good discussion of the Worthy to the Chiefs thanks to Bean narrative.....

Also an interesting and positive take on the WR situation for the Bills. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

It is from an older language translated as an Orator has finished with a proclamation.

I deem it so, was also used.

Means , No more is to be discussed.

And now

I have spoken  😇

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47saz8q2y9tjxnyh3vvd

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Wow! Everybody hatin' on this guy already? I'll give him a chance. Go Keon! Make them eat their words.

BTW, DHop ran a 4.57s 40 at the combine. TO ran a 4.65. Best ball skills in the draft. I'll compare him to KB if and when he fails. Until then I'll give him a chance to work on his route running. He's 20 and lacking in experience. I see a lot of room for growth.

Davonte Adams ran a 4.56 and was drafted with the 53rd pick. The list goes on and on.  All these fools judging Coleman strictly by “draft season” instead of the person and the football player that he is, are really annoying.  

“my mock draft said he was the 10th best receiver! Oh no, we are doomed!”

Lol. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Stay right where you are. McBeane's scouts are on their way. Don't panic. This is the big break you've been working for all these years.

• Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Stay right where you are. McBeane's scouts are on their way. Don't panic. This is the big break you've been working for all these years.

I can't wait to call my 75-year-old mother

This is what she's been praying on

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

LOL my 72-year old mother gave up such dreams a LONG time ago

Well to be fair the dream was probably gone after half a dozen concussions 5 years of college football and a blown ACL 

But my point stands that the 40-yard dash is a trained drill... Training with a sprinting coach for a year will vastly improve your time... The get off staying low and driving through your momentum instead of getting straight upright 

Football players with track experience excel in the drill... A football player with basketball experience like Coleman... He didn't have the right technique from the first 15 steps 

That will clearly hurt your time in a drill of inches and milliseconds

But once he gets going his naturally long strides look like they would be great in a hundred meter dash... Which long speed also correlates to the NFL 

And he could use training to increase his quickness

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Curious to hear from locals what fans on Buffalo talk radio are saying about this pick - if there is a group with such strong negative feelings as on here.  My brother went to FSU and watches all their games and he was really surprised when I mentioned the vocal negative contingent on here.  As someone who saw all his games at FSU (some live) he said Coleman's the best FSU receiver he's ever seen in 30+ years watching the team, and believes he will "be a force"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here's the way i see it......what draft position would Coleman go if he wasn't in such a WR heavy draft this year, like let's say last year or even next year for arguments sake?

I could honestly see in this scenario, that he could possibly go within the top 18 picks and being somewhere around the 1st or 2nd WR taken at that point, depending who else was on the boards for WR's of course, but for arguments sake to break it down into layman's terms, he came out in a WR heavy draft which caused his stock to fall because he wasn't the sexy pick.

He's a workhorse and that's what this franchise needs IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Logic said:

One of the points that Simms made in the clip I posted above that I liked:

The Bills offense is gonna be BIG at times.

You have Spencer Brown and Torrence on the right side of the OL, who are objectively huge human beings.

Skill player wise, you potentially have Dawson Knox, Dalton Kincaid, and Keon Coleman all on the field at once, not to mention our giant golden retriever tank of a quarterback.

They have the potential to be able to play some power ball. And defenses having to deal with Knox, Kincaid, and Coleman in the end zone while ALSO having to account for Josh "15 rushing TDs" Allen...good luck!

And while you're worrying about covering all that size, also deal with Cook or Davis (maybe sometimes both) coming out of the backfield or lining up at receiver.  As well as Samuel lining up everywhere and Shakir running around.  I think Brady's offense is going to be about matchup nightmares.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Walking into FSU from Michigan St and basically being the guy instantly is impressive. Big time NIL get and tells coach make me the return man.  Not many players in the NIL, transfer portal world have that mindset.

The guy had offers from close to 50 schools when he went into the transfer portal........that alone is impressive.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Curious to hear from locals what fans on Buffalo talk radio are saying about this pick - if there is a group with such strong negative feelings as on here.  My brother went to FSU and watches all their games and he was really surprised when I mentioned the vocal negative contingent on here.  As someone who saw all his games at FSU (some live) he said Coleman's the best FSU receiver he's ever seen in 30+ years watching the team, and believes he will "be a force"

This is a knee-jerk reaction to the "traits" of a draft prospect reminding them of a past player that was a "failure."  Big bodied, "slow" poor separator from FSU = Kelvin Benjamin.  Toolsy but inaccurate QB that is not pro ready and needs patience and growth = EJ Manuel.  See how that works?  Ben Solak of the Ringer about to come on WGR and tell them why Coleman is a good fit and how the reading of his analytical profile lacks context.

• Like (+1) 2

Reminds me a little bit of Josh Allen. Rare athletic ability and high potential, but still very raw with not enough on tape to make you feel like it's a sure thing he will pan out. Only time will tell.