Lions extend St. Brown (4 years, 120 mil, 77 gtd)

Virgil

I traded him from my dynasty team after his rookie year because I thought he wouldn't replicate that success in year two.

I used the pick I got in exchange to draft.......Skyy Moore.

I still think about it pretty much daily.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 27

Worth it.  Everyone wanting a true #1 out of this draft better get ready to pay that.

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

And this is why I feel it's smart to draft the lower cost rookie WR (or 2). WR inflation is real 

If the guy we draft breaks put then 30 per year will be the floor for him starting year 4.  He won't be content plating on his rookie deal.

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Pretty soon, teams won't be able to afford vet QBs once their franchise WR is off of his rookie contract.

With the way the cap is rising, 30 is the new 20 for receivers as 50 is the new 40 for QBs.  

It’s all relative 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Worth it.  Everyone wanting a true #1 out of this draft better get ready to pay that.

If the guy we draft breaks put then 30 per year will be the floor for him starting year 4.  He won't be content plating on his rookie deal.

Yes, but at least then there are viable options. Could trade him for high picks and start the WR train again. Could pay him, but even then it would take a year for the contract to kick in. Could pick up 5th year option (if first rounder) and use the franchise tag as well for a lower hit. 

But in any event, you're still getting those 4-5 years on much cheaper salary.

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Pretty soon, teams won't be able to afford vet QBs once their franchise WR is off of his rookie contract.

After KC has PROVEN, you don’t have to have Elite WRs, the trend is insane.  Look how many games Adams has helped the Raiders win after that massive deal.  Look where the fins went with Hill, etc.  ONE guy, maybe 15 opportunities a game cannot be taking 10-15% of the cap if you have a QB taking 20%,  the way it’s headed, you have a QB at 50+, pair of WRs at 50+, TE at 20+. LT/RT at 50+ the rest of the line at 30+ and we don’t even have a full offense on the field yet.  The math don’t math.   Going this crazy over WRs is the wrong move. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And this is why I feel it's smart to draft the lower cost rookie WR (or 2). WR inflation is real 

or even spending extra draft capital to move up to do so.  You can buy a lot of high end free agents for 30.  

It's getting to a point where teams should draft nothing but QB, EDGE, WR, or LT in the 1st round. Maybe a 3T if they're really sticking out. The value difference between those positions and the rest is just too high to justify anything else.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

Receivers are becoming as cost prohibitive as QB's. Pretty soon you will need to choose which you want: a franchise QB or a franchise WR? You won't be able to afford both without handicapping your team.

58 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the way the cap is rising, 30 is the new 20 for receivers as 50 is the new 40 for QBs.  

It’s all relative 

So 25% inflation for QBs 50% inflation for receivers.

• Like (+1) 1