TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - Completed!

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Chargers (NeverOutNick) are on the clock
12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah i don't understand the Jonah Williams signing locking Johnson into RT. I think Johnson is better than Williams and should have been moved to LT this year. 

I'd be stunned if by week 4 Johnson isn't at LT. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 5th pick of the 2024 TSW mock draft version 3.0, the Los Angeles Chargers select:

Rome Odunze, Wide Receiver, Washington

After not getting enough compensation to move down and acquire more picks in this draft the chargers decide to stay put. Harbaugh wanted to move down and grab an O lineman early or even take Brock Bowers but because the offers weren’t there he couldn’t pass on a generational WR talent for Justin Herbert.

I know I know, why would you take Rome Odunze over Malik Nabers? I feel the top 3 WRs in this class would be the top WR in most classes and it’s really pick your flavor. Harbaugh goes with his type of player over the upside of Nabers. Odunze bleeds the same way Harbaugh bleeds. Harbaugh would’ve ran to the podium for Harrison but getting the most clutch WR in the class is a fine second option. 

@JJGauna and the NY Giants are on the clock with pick 6

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Giants (JJGuana) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

With the 5th pick of the 2024 TSW mock draft version 3.0, the Los Angeles Chargers select:

After not getting enough compensation to move down and acquire more picks in this draft the chargers decide to stay put. Harbaugh wanted to move down and grab an O lineman early or even take Brock Bowers but because the offers weren’t there he couldn’t pass on a generational WR talent for Justin Herbert.

I know I know, why would you take Rome Odunze over Malik Nabers? I feel the top 3 WRs in this class would be the top WR in most classes and it’s really pick your flavor. Harbaugh goes with his type of player over the upside of Nabers. Odunze bleeds the same way Harbaugh bleeds. Harbaugh would’ve ran to the podium for Harrison but getting the most clutch WR in the class is a fine second option. 

Personally I think Odunze will be the 2nd WR taken.  I’ve heard from people I trust that many teams have him as either the top overall WR or 2nd.  And more isn’t being made about it as people want him to slide to them or to a place they can trade for him.  

He has the best ball skills in the draft and is the kind of guy who can be open even when not open.  Basically a QBs best friend type receiver.  

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

To me, the Chargers need WR and this is a no brainer.  However, every single thing I've heard from Harbaugh is that he wants to build up his lines and run the ball.  They've brought in Edwards and Dobbins (the best of the breakable backs), and I truly believe they will go offensive line here.  I'm not knocking your pick, and everything could be a smoke screen, but based of the style that Harbaugh runs...

With the 6th pick of the 2024 TSW Mock Draft 3.0, the New Jersey Giants select: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

A trade up or a QB was tempting, but in a make or break year for Daboll the Giants decide to roll with Vanilla Vick (Dan Jones) one more time.

New Yorkish finally fills the #1 receiver roll since Odell packed his bags. Nabers can play from any WR position and can make any catch with elite speed. His presence should also help out guys like Hyatt and Slayton.

A QB is still in play for the late 1st/early 2nd. But if all fails the Giants will have an elite WR to help out their future QB for years to come.

@Doc Brown & the Tennessee Titans are now on the clock!

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Titans (Doc Brown) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

Welp, there goes the big 3 receivers and any dreams of the Bills trading up for one of them in this mock.  

I can't wait for one of them to fall out of the top 10 on Thursday night, the Bills still don't trade up, and everyone loses their minds (me included)

Just a heads up, I will be AFK from 3:30p est to around 5:30p.  I can still review trades in my DM's, but may not be able to update the main page

Edited by Virgil
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

To me, the Chargers need WR and this is a no brainer.  However, every single thing I've heard from Harbaugh is that he wants to build up his lines and run the ball.  They've brought in Edwards and Dobbins (the best of the breakable backs), and I truly believe they will go offensive line here.  I'm not knocking your pick, and everything could be a smoke screen, but based of the style that Harbaugh runs...

Yeah and its why people have been mocking a lot that the Chargers will trade back out of this spot for someone who wants a WR where they can still grab an elite prospect along the OL and more draft assets and look to add to WR later.

5 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

With the 6th pick of the 2024 TSW Mock Draft 3.0, the New Jersey Giants select: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

A trade up or a QB was tempting, but in a make or break year for Daboll the Giants decide to roll with Vanilla Vick (Dan Jones) one more time.

New Yorkish finally fills the #1 receiver roll since Odell packed his bags. Nabers can play from any WR position and can make any catch with elite speed. His presence should also help out guys like Hyatt and Slayton.

A QB is still in play for the late 1st/early 2nd. But if all fails the Giants will have an elite WR to help out their future QB for years to come.

@Doc Brown & the Tennessee Titans are now on the clock!

I get the pick for sure...but I think on Thursday if the draft fell this way the pick would be McCarthy or they would trade the pick to someone who wants McCarthy like the Vikes and take multiple first round picks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 4th pick of the 2024 TSW mock draft version 3.0, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Marvin Harrison, Wide Receiver, Ohio State.

It would have taken a big offer to move me down. Nothing was forthcoming. Then it is between the two best players in the draft for me - Harrison and Alt. But the Cards took Paris Johnson who I remain high on as my LT of the future at #6 last year. So I go get Kyler a WR1 in Harrison. He was at his best with prime DHop and we need to recreate that element in our offense.

@NeverOutNick and the Los Angeles Chargers are now on the clock.

Rumors swirling that the Cardinals have been locked in on MHJ for weeks and gonna take him unless someone knocks their socks off...which I think is probably accurate if they stay at 4, but I think those rumors are a clear ploy to drive the price up and fuel the bidding war for this pick.  

If Giants want McCarthy not only do they have to contend with AZ possibly trading this but lots of belief the Chargers want to trade back too.  That is not one, but 2 spots for Vikings, Broncos, or Raiders to potentially leap frog them for JJ McCarthy if they are as high on him as the buzz would suggest.   

And they supposedly will not make any decisions until on the clock, to again put pressure and drive last min bids.  I think they still trade back, but obviously if they don't MHJ is the most likely pick.  

With the 7th pick of the 2024 TSW draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  Joe Alt, OT, ND.

The most boring pick ever and the football equivalent of broccoli.  Should help us realize that even behind great blocking and decent WR weapons that Levis is not the answer.

The Atlanta Falcons @CNYfan are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Welp, there goes the big 3 receivers and any dreams of the Bills trading up for one of them in this mock.  

I can't wait for one of them to fall out of the top 10 on Thursday night, the Bills still don't trade up, and everyone loses their minds (me included)

Just a heads up, I will be AFK from 3:30p est to around 5:30p.  I can still review trades in my DM's, but may not be able to update the main page

I agree. I think at least 1 makes it NEAR the 9th to 10th pick. And if that’s the case I see a lot of people trying to move mountains to get one. 

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Personally I think Odunze will be the 2nd WR taken.  I’ve heard from people I trust that many teams have him as either the top overall WR or 2nd.  And more isn’t being made about it as people want him to slide to them or to a place they can trade for him.  

He has the best ball skills in the draft and is the kind of guy who can be open even when not open.  Basically a QBs best friend type receiver.  

I also believe Odunze will end up being the best WR on the draft. Not taking anything away from MHJ or Nabors. Just my opinion though. However I also believe he has the potential to be the one falling to the 10th pick or so. And because of that, if he did get near 10 if I was the Bills I’d be looking to move up. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Falcons (CNYfan) are on the clock
1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

@mrags totally tanked mock v3. Love it lol

Well. Technically the 3 QBs went 1,2,3 regardless which was expected. And let’s be honest, if you don’t think there’s going to be some early trades going on in this draft IRL your crazy. 

Just now, mrags said:

Well. Technically the 3 QBs went 1,2,3 regardless which was expected. And let’s be honest, if you don’t think there’s going to be some early trades going on in this draft IRL your crazy. 

True, but there is no way Denver is getting to 2. Or anyone for that matter. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

True, but there is no way Denver is getting to 2. Or anyone for that matter. 

The points added up. And we do know for sure Payton and Denver want a QB. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

But we also know for sure Washington isn't trading, in fact if they are trading they are most likely giving up picks to move back up in rd 1 for a tackle.

The most intrigue in the draft is Denver, minn and Vegas and you totally robbed us of that with your Madden trade!

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Nervous Jets GIF by The Undroppables

Yeah but Payton just took him to keep his wife busy so he could really get his team back on track again. He plans on using Russell Wilsons old stadium office as his personal apartment until things get back on track. His wife might be lonely. 

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

But we also know for sure Washington isn't trading, in fact if they are trading they are most likely giving up picks to move back up in rd 1 for a tackle.

The most intrigue in the draft is Denver, minn and Vegas and you totally robbed us of that with your Madden trade!

lol. Ok. Got it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

And they'll be taking one. In 2025. Maybe they throw a dart at Rattler or someone mid to late rounds this year. But hey, never say never 

With the 8th Pick in the Stadium wall Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Edge Rusher Dallas Turner Alabama.

After spending serious capital and resources on the Offense over the past years the Falcons draft someone who should help their Defense.  They had Turner in their sites all along unless someone fell unsuspectedly. 

They are happy in Atlanta.   

The Chicago Bears and @HappyDays are on the clock

Edited by CNYfan
spelling
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 7th pick of the 2024 TSW draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  Joe Alt, OT, ND.

The most boring pick ever and the football equivalent of broccoli.  Should help us realize that even behind great blocking and decent WR weapons that Levis is not the answer.

IMHO this pick is almost as much of a lock as Caleb to Chicago if he is on the board (Chargers could snag him at 5 though if the smoke about Harbaugh wanting to focus on the trenches first has legs and they don't trade back).  Titans probably already have the card filled out ha

8 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

With the 8th Pick in the Stadium wall Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Edge Rusher Dallas Turner Alabama.

After spending serious capital and resources on the Offense over the past years the Falcons draft someone who should help their Defense.  They had Turner in their sites all along unless someone fell unsuspectedly. 

They are happy in Atlanta.   

The Chicago Bears and @HappyDays are on the clock

Nice, I think the pick is either Byron Murphy or Dallas Turner myself too.  Personally, I have a feeling its gonna be Murphy, but if not then it will likely be Turner.  Both would be good picks for them as they need to address the whole DL.  

***Trade Alert***

The Chicago Bears have traded the 9th pick in the 2024 NFL. 

Commanders receive:

#9 (1350)

Bears receive:

#12 (1200)

#100 (100)

#121 (52)

with the 9th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Washington Commanders select J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan. 

the Commanders feel great trading back, picking up extra picks this year and next while still getting one of the QBs they eyed all along. Like we announced earlier, we are more than just a QB away from contending, this gives us our guy as well as the extra picks to surround him with players that can make a difference. I knew I may need to trade back up to sneak ahead of Min or LV to get our guy. We’re completely fine with giving up some later round picks here. 

fwiw, I liked Maye, and Daniels more, and would have taken them at 2 but I didn’t love either of them so much that I didn’t feel good about getting McCarthy, AND the extra picks 

@TPS and the NYJ are on the clock. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

***Trade Alert***

Commanders receive:

#9 (1350)

Bears receive:

#12 (1200)

#100 (100)

#121 (52)

with the 9th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Washington Commanders select J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan. 

the Commanders feel great trading back, picking up extra picks this year and next while still getting one of the QBs they eyed all along. Like we announced earlier, we are more than just a QB away from contending, this gives us our guy as well as the extra picks to surround him with players that can make a difference. I knew I may need to trade back up to sneak ahead of Min or LV to get our guy. We’re completely fine with giving up some later round picks here. 

fwiw, I liked Maye, and Daniels more, and would have taken them at 2 but I didn’t love either of them so much that I didn’t feel good about getting McCarthy, AND the extra picks 

This is phenomenal work.  

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I have felt all along its qbs in the first 3 picks mhj to arizona then the vikings trading up with the chargers at 5.  The Chargers could then use 11 and 23 to draft one of each of those guys.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, mrags said:

***Trade Alert***

Commanders receive:

#9 (1350)

Bears receive:

#12 (1200)

#100 (100)

#121 (52)

Congratulations. You got Mac Jones 2.0😂😂.

Just playing man. All in fun!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is phenomenal work.  

It sure is!  If you want to draft a crappy QB

This obviously all comes down to the GMs evaluations of the QBs.  I just think they’ll seriously regret passing on Maye.  

@mragsno offense.  We just have different views of this QB class and Drake Maye in particular. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It sure is!  If you want to draft a crappy QB

This obviously all comes down to the GMs evaluations of the QBs.  I just think they’ll seriously regret passing on Maye.  

@mragsno offense.  We just have different views of this QB class and Drake Maye in particular. 

None taken. I’m not in love with McCarthy either. But I do like the extra picks I got

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Broccoli is good for you and everyone should have some. 

With the 10th pick in the 2024 TSW 3.0 NFL draft, the New Jersey Jets select Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia.

A pretty straightforward selection for the Jets. They want to load up for a playoff run with Rogers while he's still capable.

@H2o and the Vikings are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Vikings (H2o) are on the clock
15 minutes ago, TPS said:

With the 10th pick in the 2024 TSW 3.0 NFL draft, the New Jersey Jets select Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia.

A pretty straightforward selection for the Jets. They want to load up for a playoff run with Rogers while he's still capable.

@H2o and the Vikings are on the clock.

I'd argue this was the easier pick outside of Williams #1 overall.  The Jets have not been subtle about who they want

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

***Trade Alert***

Commanders receive:

#9 (1350)

Bears receive:

#12 (1200)

#100 (100)

#121 (52)

I don't see any scenario the Commanders trade out of this pick. But for this exercise, I get it. Though I would have taken Penix instead of McCarthy. 

Beauty is in the eye of the evaluator....

Picks galore. It would've been fun to see this draft play out.

• Agree 1

With the 11th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select....... Byron Murphy II, Defensive Tackle, Texas. 

After Daniels was off the board at #3, there was no QB worth trading up for in our eyes. The defense, however, does need some work as well. We take whom we feel is the best DT in this draft. A guy who will slot in as a 5-Tech in base sets, and a 3-Tech when we go into our 4 man fronts. He gets after it on the interior, having had 6 sacks and generating 36 pressures this past season. He is also stout against the run. A true 3-down interior defender. Brian Flores rejoices. 

Side note: Been so busy at work today I missed my chance at trading up for Daniels, who was my guy. C'est last vie. 

@HappyDays and the Bears are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

I don't see any scenario the Commanders trade out of this pick. But for this exercise, I get it. Though I would have taken Penix instead of McCarthy. 

Beauty is in the eye of the evaluator....

Picks galore. It would've been fun to see this draft play out.

I actually like Pennix quite a bit and would have taken him at 12. Problem was I thought I was going to get jumped for both these guys. So I made the pick I made. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'd argue this was the easier pick outside of Williams #1 overall.  The Jets have not been subtle about who they want

Almost seems like a lock. They'd do well to stay put and take this kid....which will eventually drive us crazy.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 11th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select....... Byron Murphy II, Defensive Tackle, Texas. 

After Daniels was off the board at #3, there was no QB worth trading up for in our eyes. The defense, however, does need some work as well. We take whom we feel is the best DT in this draft. A guy who will slot in as a 5-Tech in base sets, and a 3-Tech when we go into our 4 man fronts. He gets after it on the interior, having had 6 sacks and generating 36 pressures this past season. He is also stout against the run. A true 3-down interior defender. Brian Flores rejoices. 

Side note: Been so busy at work today I missed my chance at trading up for Daniels, who was my guy. C'est last vie. 

@HappyDays and the Bears are on the clock.

Nice pick, I think Murphy is coming off the board much earlier than people think and will be either the first or 2nd defender to come off the board.  He is popular mock to Bengals at 18 or Seattle at 16 (I think there is no way he gets past Seattle though) but I think he might go as high as 8 to Falcons (assuming they don't have their first round stripped in next couple of days for tampering) or possibly 9 to Bears.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2