TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is not a shot at anyone really and your best bet is the Vikings obviously but the problem with trades in a two rounder is the trading down team really won’t benefit anymore so because they will never be able to utilize the picks nor will the trading up team want to do it because they’ll make one pick and be done. 

That’s why I like 7 rounder mocks with trades the problem with that is most GMs check out by round 3 because the players they know in the process drops off a ton. 

The one I do on another site typically does it but isn’t doing it this year because no one is leading it. The guy used to run it had his own draft website but moved to Chins to teach English. 

My favorite one I ever did was a 5 rounds in 5 nights where it was in a chat with two podcasters where you would private message your trades and picks and they would announce them like a real draft. It was pretty cool

Well the object is make the best moves for the team, not make the most picks for fun.  But I get it too.  

Now shut your **** blocking mouth, you’re putting salt in my game 😂🤣😂

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One more pick away just like a deep booger.  Cardinals number 4 pick is still open for bids for those looking for that elusive QB.  Don’t wait and miss out on a QB like a loser 

If I was running the Vikings, I'd have already sent you my two 1sts for this pick :flirt:

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, mannc said:

It’s what I would do.  I don’t think a predictive mock is very interesting or worthwhile.

i suspect that Chicago will take Williams, if for no other reason than he is the safe pick…no one will second guess them if they pick him. But I think the guy is going to struggle greatly in the NFL.  He holds the ball way too long, doesn’t take care of the football, and I have serous questions about his attitude.

He didn't win in College.

Just now, Logic said:

If I was running the Vikings, I'd have already sent you my two 1sts for this pick :flirt:

And honestly that’s what I think is going to happen on draft day.  Or maybe even Giants to beat Vikes to a QB if they make the decision to get a QB.

49 minutes ago, mannc said:

Then why haven’t they announced it?

The NFL has asked teams not to do that. Even Lawrence to the Jags was not announced. 

42 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s fine.  I don’t like the player and I’m not picking him for my team, especially when there are other options.

I'm not saying you should. I never treat this as a predictive mock. I try and work out what the right fit for that team is based on what I perceive to be the value on the board, need and scheme. In the case of a QB for the Bears I don't know that we know enough about their offense to know whether Daniels is or isn't a fit. So you picked the guy you like better, think that is legitimate. 

• Agree 1

@Alphadawg7 and the cardinals are on the clock.

Well I was fully ready to select Jayden Daniels here at this pick but he has already been taken.

With the 3rd pick, the New England Patriots select Drake Maye QB UNC

While there was an offer to trade back, getting a qb in this draft is the highest priority for the Patriots*.  Maye isn't my favorite prospect in the draft which means he will probably be a stud (I hated Herbert coming out).  That said Maye has a strong arm for those cold NE winters and still has room to grow.  He is lethal up the middle of the field and can throw at different speeds and arm angles.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Cardinals (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The NFL has asked teams not to do that. Even Lawrence to the Jags was not announced. 

I'm not saying you should. I never treat this as a predictive mock. I try and work out what the right fit for that team is based on what I perceive to be the value on the board, need and scheme. In the case of a QB for the Bears I don't know that we know enough about their offense to know whether Daniels is or isn't a fit. So you picked the guy you like better, think that is legitimate. 

Recognizing that Williams is the consensus pick, I tried to trade out of this slot, but there was only one team I was willing to trade with and they didn’t go for it.  In real life, I think that trade would have got done if the Bears liked someone other than Williams.

FWIW, I don’t think this is nearly as outlandish as Daniels lasting until 11, which is what happened in version 1.0.

Edited by mannc

22 minutes ago, TOboy said:

The Chargers are willing to listen if anyone is interested in the 5th pick. Only serious offers please. 

I wonder what it would cost the imaginary Buffalo Bills to move up to this spot...

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The Cardinals need a WR 1 on a rookie deal.  

I see no way they move this pick or trade back.   

Once we get to Atlanta things will start to happen.   

You do know this is maybe the best WR draft in NFL history right and there isn't a place anywhere in the first round where a team can't get a true high quality WR1 prospect.  

So the Cardinals are currently weighing all options on a team utterly devoid of talent :) 

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wonder what it would cost the imaginary Buffalo Bills to move up to this spot...

I think the only way it makes it worth moving up to the 5th pick is if MHJ is still there. Personally I wouldn’t because despite what every in the entire world thinks, I don’t think he’s as good as everyone is making him out to be. I definitely have Odunze higher, and maybe Nabors also. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You do know this is maybe the best WR draft in NFL history right and there isn't a place anywhere in the first round where a team can't get a true high quality WR1 prospect.  

So the Cardinals are currently weighing all options on a team utterly devoid of talent :) 

For as much as the Cardinals and Chargers need a WR, and are in prime position to take one from the Big 3, it would be tough to say no to trading down and getting TWO 1sts in this draft and use them both on WRs.

Like, which is a better 1st round haul:

Nabers at #5

or

Brian Thomas Jr AND Ladd McConky

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

I think the only way it makes it worth moving up to the 5th pick is if MHJ is still there. Personally I wouldn’t because despite what every in the entire world thinks, I don’t think he’s as good as everyone is making him out to be. I definitely have Odunze higher, and maybe Nabors also. 

I happen to think Nabers is the superior prospect, and I happen to believe that multiple NFL teams feel that way, too. It's been reported that teams across the league all rank the top three very differently, and MHJ is NOT the consensus WR1 that fans and draftniks think he is.

I think there's a realistic shot that Nabers comes off the board first.

I also think that, of the top three, Nabers is the guy the Bills like best. He ticks all the boxes Brandon Beane has recently mentioned as far as what he looks for in a wide receiver.

I don't know how feasible it is in real life, but Nabers to the Bills is the absolute best match and the best case scenario for their WR corps, IMO.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For as much as the Cardinals and Chargers need a WR, and are in prime position to take one from the Big 3, it would be tough to say no to trading down and getting TWO 1sts in this draft and use them both on WRs.

Like, which is a better 1st round haul:

Nabers at #5

or

Brian Thomas Jr AND Ladd McConky

What would you want the Bills to do?

If we traded MHJ I don’t care what the return would be.  Furious.   

TRADE ALERT:  Arizona Cardinals have submitted a trade for approval.  Twitter is swirling with Rumors that it is the Bills and includes Josh Allen and multiple first round picks headed to AZ.  Rumors started flying that someone associated with the Bills named @KDIGGZhas been pushing for this after tiring of Josh Allens lack of offseason workouts.  Its all rumors right now, but thats what people thought about Diggs and look what happened...stay tuned to find out the mystery team.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Giants (BuffaloBillyG) are on the clock

With the 4th pick of the NFL Draft, the New York Giants select: MARVIN HARRISON JR, WR, OHIO ST.

Not a QB? 

Nope. Here's the thing. We need playmakers. We let Saquon walk. We have a few role players at WR. And we have an aging TE that isn't even sure if he's playing next year. This offense isn't a QB away. Our best playmaker was Motor Singletary. 

We liked all of the "Big 3 WRs" on the board but would much rather give up a little extra to dictate who we take rather than have the choice made for us. Our jobs are on the line.

Enter Harrison. Yes, he chose to not workout at the Combine or his Pro Day. But he's been working on being "season ready" in place of the underwear games of an NFL recruits off season. Coming from remarkable NFL WR bloodlines, this explosive WR is ready to hit the ground running (and catching) on Day 1. 

@TOboyand the Los Angeles Chargers are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With the 4th pick of the NFL Draft, the New York Giants select: MARVIN HARRISON JR, WR, OHIO ST.

Not a QB? 

Nope. Here's the thing. We need playmakers. We let Saquon walk. We have a few role players at WR. And we have an aging TE that isn't even sure if he's playing next year. This offense isn't a QB away. Our best playmaker was Motor Singletary. 

We liked all of the "Big 3 WRs" on the board but would much rather give up a little extra to dictate who we take rather than have the choice made for us. Our jobs are on the line.

Enter Harrison. Yes, he chose to not workout at the Combine or his Pro Day. But he's been working on being "season ready" in place of the underwear games of an NFL recruits off season. Coming from remarkable NFL WR bloodlines, this explosive WR is ready to hit the ground running (and catching) on Day 1. 

Kind of love it!! Well done. Push your chips in and get superstars

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Chargers (TOboy) are on the clock
7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not a QB? 

On one hand, that's a very NY move to get a superstar, and arguable the best player in the draft.

On the other hand, that's a lot to move up just two spots where there will still be a premium player in the same position.  The Giants have a lot of needs and I'm not sure giving up those picks for this situation is a smart move.  But, can't say I hate it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

OFFICIAL TRADE:  Cardinals and Giants are swapping picks and @BuffaloBillyG and the New York Giants are now on the clock. Details of the trade below.

Cardinals send:

#4, #138, #162 (1863.6 value points)

Giants send:

#6, #70, and #107 (1920 value points)

The cards are seeking 3 first round picks to come off of 4.  I would be shocked if they gave up on MHJ for this little of a return.  I understand the points work, I just don't think they would do this.

That said, they are still positioned to get Nabers at 6 and got extra ammo.  5 has to go to Minnesota for a QB now which leads the Cards to safely still get a great WR prospect so maybe it isn't as crazy as I think.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not a QB? 

I never thought to ask you who you were gonna take at 4, just assumed it was McCarthy.  So this one was a fun surprise.  

I do think that the two most likely teams to make a trade with the Cardinals are the Giants and Vikings come the real draft.  But I would assume the Giants would do it to get a QB, but maybe you are on to something, they are in need of playmakers in the worst way.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, section122 said:

The cards are seeking 3 first round picks to come off of 4.  I would be shocked if they gave up on MHJ for this little of a return.  I understand the points work, I just don't think they would do this.

That said, they are still positioned to get Nabers at 6 and got extra ammo.  5 has to go to Minnesota for a QB now which leads the Cards to safely still get a great WR prospect so maybe it isn't as crazy as I think.

The Cardinals are not a MHJ away from contending as the roster is a bottom tier roster, they can safely make this trade back and still get an elite WR prospect, and TBH, they don't even need to go WR at this pick, they have 2 first round picks and now 2 3rds, and 2 4ths later too for them to double down on a WR.  

And, if they made this trade and Giants didn't go QB and went MHJ, they is nothing saying they still wouldn't trade back with say Vikings and get another first (giving them 3 total) if Chargers take Nabers/Odunze.  Cardinals could still take someone like Thomas and have 2 more first rounders to go with their 3rd and 4th round picks they just stacked.  

But I know Kirby hates McCarthy, so Vikings won't be trading up in this draft with Chargers or AZ lol.  In the real draft though, both Chargers and AZ picks would be prime spots for Vikings to go get a QB (unless they also don't like McCarthy lol).  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I never thought to ask you who you were gonna take at 4, just assumed it was McCarthy.  So this one was a fun surprise.  

I do think that the two most likely teams to make a trade with the Cardinals are the Giants and Vikings come the real draft.  But I would assume the Giants would do it to get a QB, but maybe you are on to something, they are in need of playmakers in the worst way.  

I would have said "I'm going offense". 

I like McCarthy. I think he's better than most give him credit for. But I'm not crazy about him in the top 10. Seems like he's had a Christian Ponder-esque Draft season. If this played out the way the no trade draft went, Daniels would have been the QB I moved up for.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

On one hand, that's a very NY move to get a superstar, and arguable the best player in the draft.

On the other hand, that's a lot to move up just two spots where there will still be a premium player in the same position.  The Giants have a lot of needs and I'm not sure giving up those picks for this situation is a smart move.  But, can't say I hate it

If it's "your guy" it's not too much of a price. Could have sat by and easily seen Nabers and Harrison come off the board. Rome is a great prize still, but the film on Harrison is just shockingly good. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kind of love it!! Well done. Push your chips in and get superstars

I call it "controlled aggressive". Give up some, but not backbreaking and go get your guy

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I call it "controlled aggressive". Give up some, but not backbreaking and go get your guy

I haven’t seen this out there but really liked it!! You got a “bust proof” superstar at a position of need. You did it at a good rate. Loved it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

If the Cardinals like all three wide receivers, or even prefer Nabers to MHJ (as some teams in the NFL apparently do), or have those Odunze even with those guys on their board...then I could see them doing this. It's not like they WOULDN'T be walking away with an alpha WR. They would. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

FWIW, I don’t think this is nearly as outlandish as Daniels lasting until 11, which is what happened in version 1.0.

Correct but that was a no trade mock. Whoever was the 4th QB off the board was going #11. In reality it is 4 QBs in absolute maximum the first 6 picks.

I think Daniels will go at #2. But if he doesn't there is a route to him being the 4th QB taken based on what I hear.

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

TRADE ALERT:  Arizona Cardinals have submitted a trade for approval.  Twitter is swirling with Rumors that it is the Bills and includes Josh Allen and multiple first round picks headed to AZ.  Rumors started flying that someone associated with the Bills named @KDIGGZhas been pushing for this after tiring of Josh Allens lack of offseason workouts.  Its all rumors right now, but thats what people thought about Diggs and look what happened...stay tuned to find out the mystery team.

We can't trade Josh. He's the best golfer on the team!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

If the Cardinals like all three wide receivers, or even prefer Nabers to MHJ (as some teams in the NFL apparently do), or have those Odunze even with those guys on their board...then I could see them doing this. It's not like they WOULDN'T be walking away with an alpha WR. They would. 

I mean there is a good chance in the real draft they trade down with the Vikings and don't pick again until 11 where there is no assurances either of the big 3 WR's are on the board.  But they would also have 3 first round picks at min at that point and could take say Odunze or Thomas...or go and get a stud CB or DL prospect, 2 other biggest needs and then go get Thomas after and still have pick 27 to add yet another player.  

This is why I have found it puzzling a lot of people have AZ locked in on MHJ at 4 because moving back does a lot more for their team who isn't a WR away from competing and they still get an elite WR prospect in each of the likely trade back scenarios.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean there is a good chance in the real draft they trade down with the Vikings and don't pick again until 11 where there is no assurances either of the big 3 WR's are on the board.  But they would also have 3 first round picks at min at that point and could take say Odunze or Thomas...or go and get a stud CB or DL prospect, 2 other biggest needs and then go get Thomas after and still have pick 27 to add yet another player.  

This is why I have found it puzzling a lot of people have AZ locked in on MHJ at 4 because moving back does a lot more for their team who isn't a WR away from competing and they still get an elite WR prospect in each of the likely trade back scenarios.

I think they repeat last year. Trade back and then up again. Their GM is not afraid to move around the board.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The Cardinals are not a MHJ away from contending as the roster is a bottom tier roster, they can safely make this trade back and still get an elite WR prospect, and TBH, they don't even need to go WR at this pick, they have 2 first round picks and now 2 3rds, and 2 4ths later too for them to double down on a WR.  

And, if they made this trade and Giants didn't go QB and went MHJ, they is nothing saying they still wouldn't trade back with say Vikings and get another first (giving them 3 total) if Chargers take Nabers/Odunze.  Cardinals could still take someone like Thomas and have 2 more first rounders to go with their 3rd and 4th round picks they just stacked.  

But I know Kirby hates McCarthy, so Vikings won't be trading up in this draft with Chargers or AZ lol.  In the real draft though, both Chargers and AZ picks would be prime spots for Vikings to go get a QB (unless they also don't like McCarthy lol).  

Yea if they move down and get one of those Top 3 - picking 6 secures that - I would do that.  

That’s a good trade.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mannc said:

With the very first pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU.

Chicago is not the place for a crybaby with pink fingernails and a pink iPhone protector. Daniels was the most accurate QB in college football, has incredible speed and mobility, and most importantly, has a good head on his shoulders.  Daniels’s arm is plenty strong and he is a very quick processor.  He is not Justin Fields 2.0.  Flame away!

Spoiler alert:  We’re willing to listen to offers for pick 9.

@H2o and the team formerly known as the Redskins are on the clock.

You should’ve traded the pick to Washington.  Major blunder for any team taking Daniels over Caleb and not getting something in return. Jmo

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You should’ve traded the pick to Washington.  Major blunder for any team taking Daniels over Caleb and not getting something in return. Jmo

I tried

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

I tried

Indeed he did. I was already prepared to take Daniels. I had the entire message typed up, videos linked in, and was just waiting to post it. Then, he took Daniels instead :lol:

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I happen to think Nabers is the superior prospect, and I happen to believe that multiple NFL teams feel that way, too. It's been reported that teams across the league all rank the top three very differently, and MHJ is NOT the consensus WR1 that fans and draftniks think he is.

I think there's a realistic shot that Nabers comes off the board first.

I also think that, of the top three, Nabers is the guy the Bills like best. He ticks all the boxes Brandon Beane has recently mentioned as far as what he looks for in a wide receiver.

I don't know how feasible it is in real life, but Nabers to the Bills is the absolute best match and the best case scenario for their WR corps, IMO.

I like Odunze the most personally. But I put Nabors ahead of MHJ also. He’s my 3 on the top 3. And honestly, I might have Thomas Jr over him also. 

• Disagree 1