Bass is no longer Bass-o-matic

Toyo321

My right hip hurts watching him kick.  He’s the only kicker I’ve seen swing his right leg like his hip has no hinge, instead of stepping into the kick with force.  It was probably a matter of time before he was going to have some issues.  Hopefully they are correctable.  

10 hours ago, boyst said:

Basstastic?

All about that Bass?

Mr BoomBasstic?

All about that Bass?

Bass Pro Kicker

JBL Bass

Bass In My Pocket 

Bump, Bass, Hit?

Bass Pro

Bass Masters

Chilean Sea Bass

Bass Line

Smallmouth / Largemouth/ Striped Bass

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I think Bass' issues may stem from Martin as a holder.  I think it's one of the reason they brought Haack back.

why is it whenever this guy goes in the tank, people blame his holder?

where is the evidence that Martin was Bass's problem?

4 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Bass Pro

Bass Masters

Chilean Sea Bass

Bass Line

Smallmouth / Largemouth/ Striped Bass

Bass to mouth

• Vomit 1

Statistically, he has been pretty much the same his four seasons. 

I think he missed a few bigger (and very makeable) kicks last year, which skewed our view. But he usually misses about 4 or 5 per year. 

I think he will bounce back and be fine. Just like a golfer— need an offseason to re-set the mechanics a bit.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

why is it whenever this guy goes in the tank, people blame his holder?

where is the evidence that Martin was Bass's problem?

Bass to mouth

Oooo, that was a low "blow"! 

Me thinks Bass needs to switch to a 20 lb. test, braided leg this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Bass should be on a short leash starting with training camp. He had confidence issues and was an abject failure down the stretch and in the playoffs. We can’t allow this position to be a question mark because it will compromise our entire offense.He can’t get by with his performance 3 years ago. I personally think once a PK loses confidence he’s gotta go. Sean and Beane want to show patience fine. It can’t be excused if the signs continue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is zero chance a holder change will help lol

The holds were fine ... It's not that hard of a skill to learn 

Pat McAfee never held in college and got it down in the pros

It's just repetitions

Corey Bojorquez would like a word with you.

Matt Haack on the other hand is a holder God. Unfortunately, it just seems his windup when punting takes forever.

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Bass has been solid which is why he got paid what he did. I’m not writing him off because he missed a kick

It was way more than one kick.   He was extremely undependable the last half of the season.  Even his kick in the opener against the Jets that sent the game to overtime was a boink off the post.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

It was way more than one kick.   He was extremely undependable the last half of the season.  Even his kick in the opener against the Jets that sent the game to overtime was a boink off the post.

And it was clear the coaches didn't trust him. We were coaching around his kicking. He has to be significantly better than last year or it's going to cost us.

He never was imo. I have zero confidence that he can make a big kick and his nickname was definitely not earned like Hauschka. Even Rian Lindell felt more trustworthy.

Bass should be on the hot seat to begin the year. 

3 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Corey Bojorquez would like a word with you.

Matt Haack on the other hand is a holder God. Unfortunately, it just seems his windup when punting takes forever.

I already mentioned this that Corey b struggles were vastly overrated

He was not missing laces every single snap.. I went through every single hold of his career in Buffalo and he did not have over 8 snaps where he did not get the laces around

Including extra points... Hundreds of holds... 8 didn't get laces

There has never been a punter who has been fired because he has been bad at holding... Especially if you're a good punter

Corey B didn't get re signed because he would kick a 60-yard punt... Then Shank it for 20 yards... Then call his own fake field goal

But he's good enough that he instantly gets a job everywhere he goes because his holding problems are overblown... It is a repetition thing

Holder God is the funniest thing I've ever heard... Corey B's new kicker in Cleveland called him the best holder he's ever had

It's not hard to learn if you practice..  Corey B called his own fake kick.. that's where his head is at

Edited by Buffalo716

18 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I think Bass' issues may stem from Martin as a holder.  I think it's one of the reason they brought Haack back.

this is it- bjorquez sucked  as a holder and our current punter Martin sucks as a holder as well.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I already mentioned this that Corey b struggles were vastly overrated

He was not missing laces every single snap.. I went through every single hold of his career in Buffalo and he did not have over 8 snaps where he did not get the laces around

Including extra points... Hundreds of holds... 8 didn't get laces

There has never been a punter who has been fired because he has been bad at holding... Especially if you're a good punter

Corey B didn't get re signed because he would kick a 60-yard punt... Then Shank it for 20 yards... Then call his own fake field goal

But he's good enough that he instantly gets a job everywhere he goes because his holding problems are overblown... It is a repetition thing

Holder God is the funniest thing I've ever heard... Corey B's new kicker in Cleveland called him the best holder he's ever had

It's not hard to learn if you practice..  Corey B called his own fake kick.. that's where his head is at

i don;t know man. i see every packer game where i live and  the kicking game was terribile when he started holding. it is more than just laces- is the ball placed correctly in the X and Y directions to mesh with the kickers stroke? this was a big part of his and Martin's problem.

10 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

this is it- bjorquez sucked  as a holder and our current punter Martin sucks as a holder as well.

i don;t know man. i see every packer game where i live and  the kicking game was terribile when he started holding. it is more than just laces- is the ball placed correctly in the X and Y directions to mesh with the kickers stroke? this was a big part of his and Martin's problem.

Yet he's still gets jobs everywhere and holds for every team

Edited by Buffalo716