Earthquake.....

My son is in College Park, MD and they felt it. A co-worker in RI felt it as well. He was on a call with folks from Philadelphia who felt it a few moments before he did.

The Empire State Building’s official X account jumped into the fray online, quipping, “I AM FINE.”

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

My son is in College Park, MD and they felt it. A co-worker in RI felt it as well. He was on a call with folks from Philadelphia who felt it a few moments before he did.

That is how fast these thing travel. 

Approx 12 years ago I was on the phone with my daughter. She said to me "I have to go" and hung up. She was living in Herndon, VA. I had no idea what was happening to her and was scared. Less that a minute later my chair was rocking from side to side. I'm not sure that this one was as bad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

That is how fast these thing travel. 

Approx 12 years ago I was on the phone with my daughter. She said to me "I have to go" and hung up. She was living in Herndon, VA. I had no idea what was happening to her and was scared. Less that a minute later my chair was rocking from side to side. I'm not sure that this one was as bad.

That one shook a little harder, this one lasted a little longer.

• Agree 1

My stepson felt it in Trenton, NJ. Waiting to hear from my stepdaughter who lives in Manhattan.

Edit: My stepdaughter was doing homework in her dorm (Columbia College) and the entire building started shaking. No damage to any campus buildings.

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

That one shook a little harder, this one lasted a little longer.

Agreed. As I said my chair was rocking sideways with the legs leaving the floor on the last one. This one was noisier and as you said, lasted longer.

tinfoil hat people are funny.

they said last week that the military industrial complex will use this event to test new and cutting edge weapons like the death ray laser and the earth quake devices.

jeez man, this just fuels the fire.

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Jokes on them, he was there to get a mole removed.

Even still anyone getting some kind of operation or procedure where the hospital could have been shaking is not good.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Even still anyone getting some kind of operation or procedure where the hospital could have been shaking is not good.

I'd imagine it happens more frequently than you'd think. And that everything stops while it's happening.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Definitely felt a little rumble in central VT today.

Are you sure it wasn't the breakfast burrito? 

jk, that may be  the furthest I've heard, the other two were @Irv in indianapolis and my son in Maryland.

• Like (+1) 1

The way I am reading this:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/?extent=-69.03714,54.49219&extent=82.67628,189.49219&map=false

Is there was another one in New Jersey, 3.8 @ about 5pm local time.  This list is only the ones +2.5 or higher, last 24 hours, around the world.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/there-was-just-an-earthquake-in-new-york-city-what-we-know.html

• Like (+1) 1

There were ~150 about two miles  north of where I lived in CA on Thanksgiving week one year. Two 4,2s and the rest you couldn't feel.

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The way I am reading this:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/?extent=-69.03714,54.49219&extent=82.67628,189.49219&map=false

Is there was another one in New Jersey, 3.8 @ about 5pm local time.  This list is only the ones +2.5 or higher, last 24 hours, around the world.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/there-was-just-an-earthquake-in-new-york-city-what-we-know.html

On Long Island we had an aftershock around 6 PM that was 3.8.