La'al Collins signs for the Bills

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

This was the dude that was expected to go in the first round, but then had the legal issue pop up RIGHT before the draft, right? And after the first round came and went without him being drafted, his agent told/asked every NFL team NOT to draft him, as he wanted Collins to be able to pick his own team? Then every team obliged, and he signed a UDFA deal with Dallas?

I remember being so mad at the Bills that year for not calling his agent's bluff and just drafting him in the 7th round. What could he have really done about it? 

Oh well. That's milk that was spilled a looooong time ago. And now, 9 years too late, he's a Bill. 

He'll be an interesting bit of trivia, along with former Bills Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Reggie Bush.

Yup, a pregnant woman that he had relations with was murdered right before the draft. Police interviewed him but never considered him a suspect. 

I'm a little surprised by the reaction to this, he could push Edwards out of an OG role. 

OL with lots of starting experience are valuable.  Kromer has done a great job with the line.  I think this is a home run.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Two things: 

1. I think the Bills view him as competition to start at LG AND be the swing tackle. Lord knows they like versatility in their o-linemen.

2. I'd be willing to bet that the "up to" in the sentence announcing his contract is, as always, doing some pretty heavy lifting. I'll wait until the contract breakdown comes out before passing too harsh a judgement.

Edited by Logic

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Two things: 

1. I think the Bills view him as competition to start at LG AND be the swing tackle. Lord knows they like versatility in their o-linemen.

2. I'd be willing to be the "up to" in the sentence announcing his contract is, as always, doing some pretty heavy lifting. I'll wait until the contract breakdown comes out before passing too harsh a judgement.

Agreed. That would mean he played well, earned a starting job, stayed healthy etc., in order to earn those incentives.  In which case, the price tag would be worth it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Why do this before the draft?  I’m guessing interior offensive line isn’t a draft thought in the first four rounds anymore.

1. He can start at G or T 

2. Maybe Spencer Brown is trade bait to move up the board in Round 1 like Cody Ford was? 

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Sounds like a vet mini deal with massive incentives.  Sounds like very little risk with potential nice returns.

Where are you seeing that it is a vet minimum deal?