And we're on to.. Aiyuk?

JMM

he wants more money than what we were paying diggs

i dont see us landing any big fishes in free agency because we dont have the cap space

which is why we will hang on to both this years a next years first and second round picks. 

any trade ups will be minor using 4th, 5th or 6th round picks

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

he wants more money than what we were paying diggs

i dont see us landing any big fishes in free agency because we dont have the cap space

which is why we will hang on to both this years a next years first and second round picks. 

any trade ups will be minor using 4th, 5th or 6th round picks

the only WR’s I’d really like in a trade are  DK Metcalf (almost certainly not happening) or Courtland Sutton for a 4th.  The other players IMO aren’t worth the capital + cost

It makes way more sense to me to spend a bit more draft capital for one of the top 3 or BTJ.  We then have them for 5 years at a far lower $ cost

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 4

37 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not starting any Bills speculation but I gotta admit on Day 3 after the Bills take a WR in the first to follow up a deal with Brandon for a 2025 pick or two wouldn’t be the worst thing 

Meh, Off Season social media drama.  Wake me up when something significant happens, like someone tweets that he's not critical to Brock Purdy and Aiyuk tweets back "You Sure?"

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the only WR’s I’d really like in a trade are  DK Metcalf (almost certainly not happening) or Courtland Sutton for a 4th.  The other players IMO aren’t worth the capital + cost

It makes way more sense to me to spend a bit more draft capital for one of the top 3 or BTJ.  We then have them for 5 years at a far lower $ cost

The time to trade for a bargain bin WR like Sutton was last years trade deadline. 

If we didn’t have so many defensive injuries, he may have been our target 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not starting any Bills speculation but I gotta admit on Day 3 after the Bills take a WR in the first to follow up a deal with Brandon for a 2025 pick or two wouldn’t be the worst thing 

This is step one to the 49ers giving him a new contract. Didn't we see the same thing, the same speculation with Deebo couple years back?

• Agree 1

With what cap are we signing him to a monster contract to?

Thats my point about those that suggest Aiyuk or Higgins.

Money wise it’s not happening 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, DJB said:

With what cap are we signing him to a monster contract to?

Thats my point about those that suggest Aiyuk or Higgins.

Money wise it’s not happening 

They have cap space next year and will get more after June 1st for this year, I would imagine they could make something work with a back loaded deal in terms of salary and void years and then restructure next year so it's not so back loaded... maybe, I'm not sure how it works

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“A bit”??  LOL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sutton would be ok if they make a trade up and can only get one WR in the draft ….he might only cost a fifth too..

But I don’t know how they do it … He has a cost of $13m and they don’t have that space … And Denver ain’t going to eat any of his salary for a Day 3 pick …

Edited by Aussie Joe

I would love adding him to the Bills and all it costing draft wise is pick 128 and a 2nd next year or pick 60 and a 6th next year.

But the issue is his contract and the Bills cap. I just don’t see it lining up I also think the Bills don’t want to add a big contract for a WR in 2025 and beyond after getting off the Diggs deal which they likely wanted to get off a big cap number in the coming season