Beane Press Conference 4pm

Process

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't pay attention 24/7 during the off season gossip so I have no idea what was or not said yesterday

Twitter: Is Stefon Diggs the reason for Josh Allen's success?

Random person replies: Diggs is great, but he is not the only reason for Allen's success.

Diggs replies: You sure about that?

If that is the type of stuff he will say in public, I cant imagine how he acts behind closed doors. You dont throw your QB under the bus like that.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Random person replies: Diggs is great, but he is not the only reason for Allen's success.

If that is the type of stuff he will say in public, I cant imagine how he acts behind closed doors. You dont throw your QB under the bus like that.

dude thinks he needs to respond to some couch potato says it all …

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Maybe he was questioning the part about Diggs being great?

• Haha (+1) 7

Not really sure what this is all about.  To me he sounded defeated.

I still don't understand his contract extension - he was under contract and there was no reason to redo it to the extent that they did.  

My guess is that he either 1) turned into a cancer, or 2) his talent dropped off so much that they moved him to avoid longer term consequences.

The timing of this is the strange part.  It could have been done sooner to get a shot at a Keenan Allen or Mike Williams.  

Something really strange happened very quickly.  Odd

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The term was essential to Allen’s success. I think it’s fair to say he’s essential to Allen, and Allen was essential to him. 

Diggs is a weird dude, who would say eyebrow raising things without ever really crossing the line. 

Ms Kromer and Josh Norman’s comments are much more revealing IMO

42 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I'm pretty happy with a 2nd tbh

I think we fleeced Houston for a second.  Diggs was terrible at the end of last season.  Has no juice left.  Couple that w his persona and we came out real nice.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Woah missed that.  That's def dbag move 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The term was essential to Allen’s success. I think it’s fair to say he’s essential to Allen, and Allen was essential to him. 

Diggs is a weird dude, who would say eyebrow raising things without ever really crossing the line. 

Ms Kromer and Josh Norman’s comments are much more revealing IMO

What was Norman's comment? 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

65 mil when Tre White hits the books after June 1st. 

A catastrophic amount of dead cap largely from the decision to give Diggs a monster extension and then trade him. 

Tre Whites $10 mill comes off the books on June 1st. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not going to start retroactively hating diggs and saying he's not great lol

If you're actually forcefully shopping somebody you're never getting your actual return that you deserve

This hasn't nothing about if people view him as a number one or not if you're getting rid of him

Randy Moss went for a fourth not because that's what the league viewed his talent as

Diggs was easily still one of the best wide receivers in the AFC combined with his connection with Josh made him even better

He's one of the best receivers in the last 30 years to put on a bills uniform you guys are crazy if you're going to crap on him on the way out

When he never said anything bad about Buffalo or the bills while here

The ugly side of the business I guess

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You paraphrased the living hell out of the real tweet. 

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

You paraphrased the living hell out of the real tweet. 

I'm not sure if you're saying I did a good job or a bad job haha. If it's the latter, please feel free to correct me. I did my best to give a summary.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude, it got bad between Steph and the Bills!  

I have been pointing out for a while around here that Diggs doesn't want to be in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Nothing significant really from Beane, but I do think he has a plan and is going to replace stef in a big way. Should be an interesting couple of months. 

It's probably more likely to involve moving way up to draft a DT.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, davspo said:

Not really sure what this is all about.  To me he sounded defeated.

I still don't understand his contract extension - he was under contract and there was no reason to redo it to the extent that they did.  

My guess is that he either 1) turned into a cancer, or 2) his talent dropped off so much that they moved him to avoid longer term consequences.

The timing of this is the strange part.  It could have been done sooner to get a shot at a Keenan Allen or Mike Williams.  

Maybe Beane just wants one of the WRs in the draft that is younger, faster and will be cheaper over the next 4-5 years, versus one of these older vets.  Getting the extra trade chip gives him more ability to make a move to get a 1st or 2nd round target this year.  He’s mentioned before that’s how they were able to land a guy like Josh.  

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Irv said:

Chiefs did just fine without Hill.  Trust the process.  

Chiefs also have a top notch head coach that isn't afraid of outside the box thinking, and isn't constantly getting in his own way

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, davspo said:

The Bills wouldn't have been able to fit those guys under the cap irrespective of the trade. The trade actually results in less cap space this season so trading him sooner wouldn't have helped anyway, even if we had the room to pay Allen or Williams. 

15 minutes ago, Irv said:

Chiefs did just fine without Hill.  Trust the process.  

Chiefs also had Kelce at his peak. The Bills have a lot of promise in offense but the majority could still be going through growing pains this year. Highly unlikely, but I’d love them to bring someone like Metcalf in.