Diggs traded to Texans for picks

Some bad chemistry going on, I get it. On the other hand, one of the best QB's the league has ever seen doesn't have a WR1, or WR2.

I sure hope the Beane head has something up his sleave besides switching to a run 1st O...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Cosell made an interesting point, WRs tend to fall in the draft almost every year.  I think about the Jeudy draft, Lamb and Jeudy all fell 5-7 spots from their rankings.  Garrett Wilson fell a few spots to the Jets in 22

WR wasn't a pick until 20 last year.

Not that it's a fact, but those mocks that have Odunze/Nabers/Harrison ALL going by pick 9... they may not be incredibly accurate to how teams draft.  Maybe one falls to 13-15 potentially, and then a team makes a move.

QB's are still king, and they can push more talented prospects down the board. Then there are teams that just need to draft certain positions because they have holes, which pushes talent down as well.

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

My son's jersey is a blue Diggs. My daughter's is a red Tre White. I guess we'll have to do a bit of shopping in the near future.

thats why i only buy retired ring of honor players

Just now, MJS said:

QB's are still king, and they can push more talented prospects down the board. Then there are teams that just need to draft certain positions because they have holes, which pushes talent down as well.

Im thinking OT and QB push the board down.  From there, do any teams go CB or DE because they really want to fill a need?  If things start shaking out that way... may create opportunity for a WR to slip a bit

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I absolutely love this guy. And he is 100% correct.

Cosell comments:

1. Not a big market for Steph; the league tells you what someone is worth
  2. Steph is no longer a true boundary Alpha and not a vertical threat at this point
  3. He's now a number 2 on Houston and will help them
  4. Outside of Big 3 in draft, these guys can be true Alpha 1's: Thomas could be, and AD Mitchell, but Thomas is probably more advanced at the moment a bit
  5. Replaced Diggs with a younger more explosive version of him in Samuel
  6. Third guy? How do you feel about Worthy? If you get him, you need to put him in motion and get him off the line clean
  7. Agrees "without question" to Brown's thought of Bills feel better about spreading ball around in second half of season
  8. They do NOT need specific roles for players: Boundary X or slot, players can move around
  9. Bills need 2 WRs out of this draft
  10. He really likes Ladd McConkey and sees him as plug and play in the "right" scheme, such as the Rams, but he's not a vertical threat (never outright said Bills should go after him though but talked him up a lot)
  11. He is "sure" they see Kincaid in a more "advanced role and more than a tight end" this season

Tasker comments:

1. Bills wanted to move on a year early instead of a year late
  2. Another step is part of this in the draft
  3. The trade says there are multiple players they like in the draft at WR
  4. Likes McConkey as a player a lot too (never said the Bills should take him but interesting how much time they talked up Ladd)
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

This thread has everything

• "I Told you so" posters
  • The homer police
  • Irrational doom and gloomers
  • Irrationaly positive posters
  • People still hoping to be proven right on their 2018 draft-night hot takes

You left me out...

• The only guy asking about our 2025 cap

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

How far can #28, a 4th this year and a 2nd next year move us up in the draft?

My guess is around pick 15. Something like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

This thread has everything

• "I Told you so" posters
  • The homer police
  • Irrational doom and gloomers
  • Irrationaly positive posters
  • People still hoping to be proven right on their 2018 draft-night hot takes

All five stages of grief are here. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I went right to acceptance. I suspect many are stuck in depression right now and will be until draft. 

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Some bad chemistry going on, I get it. On the other hand, one of the best QB's the league has ever seen doesn't have a WR1, or WR2.

I sure hope the Beane head has something up his sleave besides switching to a run 1st O...

I am very confident that Curtis Samuel is a #2.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

This is an uninformed take.  Diggs' contract is HUGE.  He's 31 and anyone can see how his performance has diminished.  The Bills didn't have to give up anything significant in the '24 draft to make this happen and get them out from under that contract in a year, plus they got an additional piece of draft capital to go and get their guy this year if they want to (and pay him a rookie contract).

I think the trade is a win for the Bills and a "to be determined" for the Texans -- but I understand why Caserio did it.

My point was not that Beane made a bad trade, but that the fact that he made the trade on these terms tells us that no other team was willing to give more for Diggs, and so Beane was forced to give up draft picks in addition to Diggs, with only a second round pick NEXT YEAR in compensation, and no 2024 picks from Houston. 

It suggests that the Bills were determined to dump Diggs, that they do not feel he is worth any more than they got for him. 

Whether or not it proves to be a "win" for the Bills down the road, Beane clearly thought it was a win now, or he wouldn't have made the trade. 

Edited by Dr. K

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

Kelce is a shadow of himself, honestly. He's still good but not the dominant force he used to be. And the Bills have a good defense too.

There's really nothing to be panicking about, especially before the roster is even set.

A couple TDs and back breaking uncontested catches? Old Kelce made a mockery of our piss poor D in the last game.