TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

Bears on the clock???

Someone nudge me when it's go time. 

I'll make my pick most expeditiously so that we can get this show on the road. We all know who the Bears are picking anyway. BRBA. Best running back available, baby.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

Someone nudge me when it's go time. 

I'll make my pick most expeditiously so that we can get this show on the road. We all know who the Bears are picking anyway. BRBA. Best running back available, baby.

I know you want to trade it....

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chicago Bears (Logic) are on the clock

The TSW 1.0 Mock draft is officially under way.  Each GM has 3 hours to make their selection.  Since we are starting late this evening, I will not be holding anyone accountable to the 3 hours until we were supposed to being at 9am tomorrow.  Whatever we get through before then is a bonus.

With that being said....

The Chicago Bears @Logic are on the clock!

• Like (+1) 8

With the 1st pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Caleb Williams, QB, USC Trojans

The hay has been in the barn with this pick since Justin Fields was traded away.

With his escapability, quick release, improvisational ability, arm strength, decision making, and general playmaking prowess, Caleb Williams appears to have everything the Bears could want in a franchise quarterback. Boasted an eye-popping 46-to-1 TD/INT ratio in the red zone since 2022. Was arguably the best quarterback in college football in 2023. Williams fits the definition and expectations of a modern NFL quarterback to a T.

Phone case pigmentation relative to societal gender expectations and "feeling human emotions sometimes" did not count as negatives in our scouting process, and we believe we finally have our first true franchise quarterback since Sid Luckman.

@Alphadawg7 and the Washington Commanders are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 6

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With 2nd pick in the NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders trade the pick to the Buffalo Bills.  Trade package is:

Buffalo gets from the Commanders:

2nd overall pick, 2024 draft

Commanders get from the Bills:

1st 2024 (28th)Bills

1st and 2nd round picks 2025

1st and 2nd round picks 2026

1st and 5th round pick 2027

Buffalo is now on the clock and selects:  Quinyon Mitchell, CB Toledo.

@Virgil go ahead and give that a quick approve...oh wait, I am trade commish too...stamp it approved!  

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With 2nd pick in the NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders trade the pick to the Buffalo Bills.  Trade package is:

Buffalo gets from the Commanders:

2nd overall pick, 2024 draft

Commanders get from the Bills:

1st 2024 (28th)Bills

1st and 2nd round picks 2025

1st and 2nd round picks 2026

1st and 5th round pick 2027

Buffalo is now on the clock and selects:  Quinyon Mitchell, CB Toledo.

@Virgil go ahead and give that a quick approve...oh wait, I am trade commish too...stamp it approved!  

Approved!   The Buffalo Bills select Antonio Brown, who has rejoined the draft as a born-again rookie.  Bills get their number one receiver and all are happy 

• Haha (+1) 2

With 2nd overall pick, the Washington Commanders select:  Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina  

CLICK FOR HIGHLIGHTS

While its been no secret he is our guy, we are excited to officially make Drake a member of the Washington Commanders and the foundation of our future.  We couldn't be more excited to add a QB with all the size and physical gifts you could want in an NFL franchise QB.  We are enamored with his big arm and accuracy allowing him to make any throw at any given time on the field.  We know the staff and players are excited to get out there and start working with Drake.  While we believe he can come in and compete now, he will still have to show it and earn it on the field just like everyone else.  

@TPS and the New England Cheatriorts are now on the clock.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Patriots (TPS) are on the clock
23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With 2nd overall pick, the Washington Commanders select:  Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina  

CLICK FOR HIGHLIGHTS

While its been no secret he is our guy, we are excited to officially make Drake a member of the Washington Commanders and the foundation of our future.  We couldn't be more excited to add a QB with all the size and physical gifts you could want in an NFL franchise QB.  We are enamored with his big arm and accuracy allowing him to make any throw at any given time on the field.  We know the staff and players are excited to get out there and start working with Drake.  While we believe he can come in and compete now, he will still have to show it and earn it on the field just like everyone else.  

And the misery continues for the Washington franchise…

• Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

CLICK FOR HIGHLIGHTS

I totally understand the pick, I liked your reasoning, and I certainly don't have a horse in the race either way, but...

I will be gobsmacked if the Commanders pick anyone but Jayden Daniels at 2 when the real draft rolls around. I should probably go find a place to bet real money on it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I totally understand the pick, I liked your reasoning, and I certainly don't have a horse in the race either way, but...

I will be gobsmacked if the Commanders pick anyone but Jayden Daniels at 2 when the real draft rolls around. I should probably go find a place to bet real money on it.

I think people are going to be surprised when Drake Maye slips out of the top 3 and possibly even out of the top 10.  He has bust written all over him.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think people are going to be surprised when Drake Maye slips out of the top 3 and possibly even out of the top 10.  He has bust written all over him.

I think the fear of a QB run, and so many qb needy teams, will force peoples hands.   I could see 4 going in the top 5, and none of them panning out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think the fear of a QB run, and so many qb needy teams, will force peoples hands.   I could see 4 going in the top 5, and none of them panning out.  

I think people are going to be surprised how high Nix and especially Penix are selected...they are the safest of the QB picks.   

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

image.jpeg.d4efa750078f5c7b10cec655920ec19a.jpeg

About how I feel waiting for TPS to pick 

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

I could see the Skins preferring Drake Maye. I think both guys fit what Kingsbury wants to do. I do think Maye has a chance to be the best QB in this class if he is able to develop and goes to the right situation. 

Daniels is awesome though. I think he is more likely to hit. I do worry about durability and maybe some people in Washington will have flashbacks of RG3, but I would not be happy if Daniels fell to New England. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 3rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the 6-time Super Bowl champions select J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan.

@gonzo1105 and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock.

While most expect the Patriots to select the LSU QB, Eliot Wolf seeks to have lightning strike twice from the same college with another Michigan QB.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, mannc said:

And the misery continues for the Washington franchise…

They said that about the Bills too when we took Josh Allen.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Absolutely very much could be Daniels.  I went Maye because I think his 6'4" size and athletic gifts with that big and pretty accurate arm are going to be too tempting for Commanders.  I have a feeling he could sneak up the Commanders board, and TBH, I have heard some rumblings about it too from people I trust.  

1 hour ago, mannc said:

While that is certainly possible...to be fair as a counter point to that...how many people thought Allen would go ahead of Rosen a month before the draft?  Or that Baker was going to go first overall earlier in the offseason instead of Darnold?  Heck, at one point leading up to the draft, the 2 most talked about QB's to go first overall were Darnold or Rosen before Baker and Allen started climbing the rankings boards.  

So for me, I have this sneaky suspicion that the Commanders are going to fall in love with the physical gifts of Maye come draft night which is why I went Maye.  

• Like (+1) 1

WITH THE 4TH PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT:

MARVIN HARRISON JR. WR OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

I don't believe for one second that Malik Nabers has passed Marvin Harrison as the # 1 WR in the draft. I believe there is a strong possibility he was told by someone in the top 5 that he will be their selection and decided not to work out because of it. Harrison has a perfect blend of size, speed, route running and intelligence to be an immediate # 1 WR in the NFL something that Cardinals are sorely lacking right now and made this a no brainer pick without trades. Doesn't hurt the pedigree he comes from as well from Marvin Harrison SR.

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the Los Angeles Chargers are now on the clock!

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I could see the Skins preferring Drake Maye. I think both guys fit what Kingsbury wants to do. I do think Maye has a chance to be the best QB in this class if he is able to develop and goes to the right situation. 

Daniels is awesome though. I think he is more likely to hit. I do worry about durability and maybe some people in Washington will have flashbacks of RG3, but I would not be happy if Daniels fell to New England. 

Durability was a factor that played into the thought process.  But IMHO I think Maye has maybe the highest ceiling in the draft even if his floor is maybe lower than the others.  But I think the Josh Allen affect comes into play here where they see some traits you can't teach and trust in their ability to harness and develop those and go with the upside here.  

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they went Daniels though, I don't disagree he is the safer pick and they may want to play it safe.  I just think when you are in full reboot mode, there is no better time to take a big swing.  Worst case you still suck 2 years from now and have a high pick to try again.  But if you hit, you could be sitting on an absolute stud for the next 10+ plus years.  

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Absolutely very much could be Daniels.  I went Maye because I think his 6'4" size and athletic gifts with that big and pretty accurate arm are going to be too tempting for Commanders.  I have a feeling he could sneak up the Commanders board, and TBH, I have heard some rumblings about it too from people I trust.  

While that is certainly possible...to be fair as a counter point to that...how many people thought Allen would go ahead of Rosen a month before the draft?  Or that Baker was going to go first overall earlier in the offseason instead of Darnold?  Heck, at one point leading up to the draft, the 2 most talked about QB's to go first overall were Darnold or Rosen before Baker and Allen started climbing the rankings boards.  

So for me, I have this sneaky suspicion that the Commanders are going to fall in love with the physical gifts of Maye come draft night which is why I went Maye.  

Well, are you picking who you think the Commanders are going to pick, or who you would pick if you were the GM?  I thought it was supposed to be the latter…

@Virgil

in your initial post, you provided links for teams and their needs. As well as players listed. Is there a way to update those lists by chance by maybe highlighting players that were taken and other teams needs that were taken? I know it’s asking a lot of you, just wondering if someone out there is keeping an updated list somewhere maybe. 

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I sure as hell didn't say that...Drake Maye couldn't hold Josh Allen's jock strap. 

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

@Virgil

in your initial post, you provided links for teams and their needs. As well as players listed. Is there a way to update those lists by chance by maybe highlighting players that were taken and other teams needs that were taken? I know it’s asking a lot of you, just wondering if someone out there is keeping an updated list somewhere maybe. 

Yes, working on that now.  

I’ll probably update the main page in the morning.  

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yes, working on that now.  

I’ll probably update the main page in the morning.  

Awesome. I know it’s a lot of work and I didn’t expect you to do it. Just wondering if you or someone was. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Well, are you picking who you think the Commanders are going to pick, or who you would pick if you were the GM?  I thought it was supposed to be the latter…

I picked on what I think the commanders are gonna do.  I’ve heard Mayes name is very much still in play.  

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I sure as hell didn't say that...Drake Maye couldn't hold Josh Allen's jock strap. 

I mean that’s a personal opinion and one you’re certainly entitled too.  But odds are Maye is gonna go top 5 and could still go 2nd.  

PS:  Many also said that about Allen in regards to Rosen.  Never a good idea to condemn a player or annoit a player before they have stepped on the football field.  Plenty of sure things busted and plenty of guys labeled busts before playing went on to be great.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the 5th pick of the 2024 NFL draft

the LA Chargers select:

Joe Alt tackle Notre Dame

As a new era begins in Chargers land, we need to stack our offensive line in order to give Herbert more time and to establish a run game. Thought about a receiver here but the wr clause appears deep so we grapped the best tackle on the board.

The NY Giants @BuffaloBillyG are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

With the 6th pick, the New Jersey Giants select: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington 

Serious thought was given to going QB in this spot. But frankly, it doesn't matter who the QB is if they don't have an Alpha receiver to throw to.  

Enter Odunze who I feel could have the most successful NFL career of the top 3 WRs long term. Excellent size and strength Odunze can step right in on day 1 giving us that #1 WR we haven't had since early OBJ. 

The Tennessee Titans and @MrEpsYtownare now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

This would be a helluva draft for Bills fans.

Pats take JJ

Chargers take a RT #5 overall.

Daboll and Schoen rolling out Dimes 3 years in a row- en route to getting fired

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

With the 7th pick in the 2024 TSW draft 1.0, the Tennessee Titans select WR Malik Nabers, LSU

I wanted Joe Alt, and I like him a lot better than the other tackles and won’t settle here. The Titans have met with Nabers recently, and while I would consider a trade down in this spot, with Nabers there, I have to stay. The Titans have Deandre Hopkins, Calvin Ridley, and now Malik Nabers. Adding a weapon of his ability feels a bit like a luxury, however, Nabers is elite and the Titans would be crazy to pass this up. Also, Hopkins is probably only around another year. Titans also have Tony Pollard, so speed like Nabers just adds explosiveness. We are setting up our young QB for success. We still need OL and I also considered Dallas Turner here, but this is a BPA situation in my opinion. In still need a left tackle, but I have the best OL coach in the business, so we will figure it out. 

The Atlanta Falcons and @TOboy are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1