So long, fellow Bills Fans...

WhoTom

Upon reflection, I changed my emoji from sad to AWESOME! That was a brilliant and lasting message, and a life well lived helping young people find their paths. 

It’s a celebration of a great life. 

Edited by Augie

WhoTom and I often thumbs-upped each other's posts about music, so I know we would have shared spirited conversations beyond just the Bills and Sabres had we ever met at a tailgate (the Einstein portrait in the back reinforces that notion too).  RIP Tom, hope you get front row seats to the great gig in the sky, you deserve it 

seems only appropo to post a song from Toms'  favorite  band. I hope he liked this one. RIP Tom. I'll miss you.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

wow.  that's wildly sad.  not that i knew tom well, but he was always a fixture here.   my aunt has been living with pancreatic cancer for the last 3 years...which is a miracle.  

• Sad 1

Tom was one of my favorite posters to this forum. Always considerate, kind and often insightful - he was a Bills fan’s Bills fan.

Please accept my condolences. I hope the moments you and Tom shared will bring you comfort at this difficult time.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, teef said:

wow.  that's wildly sad.  not that i knew tom well, but he was always a fixture here.   my aunt has been living with pancreatic cancer for the last 3 years...which is a miracle.  

My godmother had it about 16 years ago. The lousy thing is by time symptoms appear, it is in stage 4. She was receiving an experimental med that cost thousands of $ a dose. Since it was experimental, she didn't have to pay anything. The doc told her it wouldn't cure her, but prolong her life some. She lasted 3 years when the average after diagnosis was 6-12 months.

Edited by Wacka

I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and those that loved him. 

Tom was one of my favorite posters here; an intelligent, funny, insightful, and kind hearted human being. I will miss him. RIP WhoTom 

Wishing you all the best on your souls continued journey. May they strike up the band when you arrive.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

My godmother had it about 16 years ago. The lousy thing is by time symptoms appear, it is in stage 4. She was receiving an experimental med that cost thousands of $ a dose. Since it was experimental, she didn't have to pay anything. The doc told her it wouldn't cure her, but prolong her life some. She lasted 3 years when the average after diagnosis was 6-12 months.

We initially thought my aunt was lucky as they initially diagnosed it as a stage 4.  after the surgery, the surgeon came out and told my aunt's partner that, "she did the best she could".  Her pancreas was much farther along than expected, and she was given the 6-12 month prediction.  She's still with us and looks great.  She traveled to iceland in the fall to see the northern lights.  lot's of bucket list stuff.  it's a blessing to have this time with her, but with pancreatic cancer, we unfortunately all know the ending.  

1. Thank you all for your condolences. Yes, I am Tom's widow and he pre-recorded the video for me to share when he passed. He cared about all of you and wishes you well. Go Bills!
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your family. My condolences to you all.

I didn’t know Tom in real life but I always enjoyed his posts here. I will miss reading them.

RIP Tom. I hope you are at peace and no longer in any pain.