Damien Harris Retired

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I wonder if it was because of his injury, or he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn’t going to crack the roster.

I think his injury was probably really scary.  

He certainly could’ve made a roster this year imo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 14

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think his injury was probably really scary.  

He certainly could’ve made a roster this year imo

Agreed. Neck injuries aren't nothing to mess with. Especially when you're the kind of RB that he is. If he wanted to go, he'd have definitely at least been RB3 for somebody. 

We take it for granted sometimes as fans as soon as we see the thumbs up - often wondering how long it will be before they're back on the field. But I can't imagine how terrifying it must be, even for a few seconds, to not be able to move or lose the feeling in your extremities.

I hope there's no long term damage done and he just got out because he realized there's more to life than Football and didn't want to experience that again.

Safe and happy travels, Damien!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Four years for New England and 1 year for Bills.    I hope it is by choice and not due to neck injury

New England still has jerseys of his available which probably will be enjoyed by some kids in Africa along with 19-0 New England T-Shirts.

10 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Four years for New England and 1 year for Bills.    I hope it is by choice and not due to neck injury

New England still has jerseys of his available which probably will be enjoyed by some kids in Africa along with 19-0 New England T-Shirts.

Buffalo Fanatics aced the grammar test today…

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

I wonder if it was because of his injury, or he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn’t going to crack the roster.

I'm pretty sure it's because of the injury....at the time Dion Dawkins spoke somewhat sympathetically about what it must be like to be expecting your first child, a son, and suddenly have legit concern you might never be able to hold him

It doesn't surprise me at all.  During the season McDermott said something to the effect of 'his head not being anywhere near ready to return'.

To be truthful, I kind of think Micah Hyde should retire due to repeated neck stinger issues last season, despite his 2022 surgery.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

There were rumors he was contemplating retirement after the injury.   

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

Wonder if Beane was waiting for some kind of announcement from him. And maybe he pulls the trigger on another vet soon. Or maybe just grabs one on draft day. 

He wasn’t under contract here.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He wasn’t under contract here.

That doesn’t mean that Beane wasn’t waiting to hear if he was interested in coming back before reaching out to someone else