PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Perfect. Hope it happens. Then I can cancel a lot of streaming and cable services that I don’t need and just buy Bills games PPV. If I’m not already there that is with my crazy PSLs 

Let’s be real. You want the 50 year old fat dude in a kilt. Oh crap. That’s @JÂy RÛßeÒ

I keep forgetting that fat dress wearin old bastard is in my town now! Jay, I m callin ya brother !

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

If they are going to ask for $20k to $50K PSLs then they should of built a dome. That was the reason I figured they didn't even try to build the dome, because they would have to charge stupid money and the area couldn't afford it.

I was going to buy season tickets myself as I plan on being retired and back in Buffalo by the time the Stadium is built, but definitely will not now. I'm also not going to worry about missing games because I don't have that streaming service. I'm reaching my breaking point of what I think is a logical price to pay to watch Pro-Football

I hope many Bills fans are in the NFW category

I can only speak for myself, and it's not merely the PSLs but the overpriced tix generally speaking these days, particularly on the secondary market where companies like Ticketmaster screw people over despite it being "legal," but sports have generally gotten out of hand in that way.  I have trouble being raked over the coals and being blackmailed that if we want a team then we need to ante up whether it's taxes of PSLs and expensive tickets, parking, etc. making little difference.  

Some of these players make 7-figures on a per-game basis and it's getting worse.  Many easily make into the 6-figure territory per game, and while I don't have STs, I know plenty of people that do and aren't making even 6-figures per year.  

At some point I stepped back and started thinking that it's madness.  

I detest the NFL, love the Bills, but at some point I simply have to say enough is enough.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

I can only speak for myself, and it's not merely the PSLs but the overpriced tix generally speaking these days, particularly on the secondary market where companies like Ticketmaster screw people over despite it being "legal," but sports have generally gotten out of hand in that way.  I have trouble being raked over the coals and being blackmailed that if we want a team then we need to ante up whether it's taxes of PSLs and expensive tickets, parking, etc. making little difference.  

Some of these players make 7-figures on a per-game basis and it's getting worse.  Many easily make into the 6-figure territory, and while I don't have STs, I know plenty of people that do and aren't making even 6-figures per season.  

At some point I stepped back and started thinking that it's madness.  

I detest the NFL, love the Bills, but at some point I simply have to say enough is enough.  

That’s absolutely your right and you should do what you want! I understand it 100%. 

I also understand the Bills have the right to  charge what they do and another fan has the right to pay that! 

God Bless America! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Glad I didn't put a non refundable deposit on tickets that the PSL and ticket prices were unknown at the time. It's sad but I guess my days of going to at least one game a year are over. This game is only for the ultra rich now. But hey, the stadium won't sell out and the Pegulas will have reason to move their team (because it isn't ours anymore) anywhere they feel free too.

Ridiculous!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So what’s the solution? The Bills are a business. Should they not get what the market will support? Should there be a designated number of “rent controlled” seats like NY apartments? If so, what’s the number? What’s the appropriate way to handle the situation other than pricing the stadium to have supply and demand intersect?

its up to the fans... All I said is I will not... 

9 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Glad I didn't put a non refundable deposit on tickets that the PSL and ticket prices were unknown at the time. It's sad but I guess my days of going to at least one game a year are over. This game is only for the ultra rich now. But hey, the stadium won't sell out and the Pegulas will have reason to move their team (because it isn't ours anymore) anywhere they feel free too.

Ridiculous!

They are locked in for 20+ years because of the agreement for the new stadium

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So what’s the solution? The Bills are a business. Should they not get what the market will support? Should there be a designated number of “rent controlled” seats like NY apartments? If so, what’s the number? What’s the appropriate way to handle the situation other than pricing the stadium to have supply and demand intersect?

Why not just up the charge for season tickets? Instead of saying a seat costs $200, charge $400?  This is really what’s happening.  My theory, it locks people in more mentally this way AND it recovers the money quicker, plus when people lose money selling the tickets they can kind of mentally justify that it was a long term investment vs losing their ass on meaningless games on Dec. when nobody wants to go sit and freeze.

To me, these charges are insaneLu high, but I guess they will take what they can.

how about a real estate analogy (i'm sure this has already been made)

price of the home = PSL one time fee (price varies per location)

all the taxes = price of the yearly ticket (price varies per location)

if you dont pay your yearly taxes, you may lose the house to foreclosure before you sell it 

squatter = someone is sitting in your seat....lol

Edited by papazoid

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

its up to the fans... All I said is I will not... 

I was responding to the part that said, “I don’t think that long term fans should be priced out of the best locations.” The “people can choose to pay what they want” is an easy topic. The part that I’m struggling with is a solution for the fans that have had the best locations for 50+ years. Why should they be excluded from the market value?

8 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Why not just up the charge for season tickets? Instead of saying a seat costs $200, charge $400?  This is really what’s happening.  My theory, it locks people in more mentally this way AND it recovers the money quicker, plus when people lose money selling the tickets they can kind of mentally justify that it was a long term investment vs losing their ass on meaningless games on Dec. when nobody wants to go sit and freeze.

To me, these charges are insaneLu high, but I guess they will take what they can.

It’s because of the way that revenue is shared in the NFL. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think it’ll be a “mass migration” but we will see some attrition. The only mass migration will be he people that were in the lower level between the 30’s. Those were the most underpriced seats in all of pro sports. Those people will move away from midfield or up. The people that we are hearing from now are the most vocal. I’d be curious to know what percentage of the people that have gone so far have declined. We know that some have been vocal but how many have declined?

There are also people out there that aren’t current ticket holders because they couldn’t get a desirable enough location. We will see some of these people entering at the $50k PSL. It isn’t an enormous universe but when you look at the whole region (Toronto, Rochester, etc..) that will offset some of those people lowering their spend.

I should be coming up soon (got the call the other day). It sounds like my PSL will be higher than I originally anticipated (at least I think). I was anticipating like $12k a seat ($15k on the high end). I think that it’ll now be $20k a seat. That’s annoying but I’m not likely to bail over it. The way that I’m looking at it, is an extra $20k (after finance fees over 10 years). It’s $2k more a year than I hoped. That sucks but I blow money on stuff that I care WAY less about than the Bills all of the time. 

$20k loan for 10 years at 10% interest is 11k in interest.  So a 20k PSL will cost 31k. Ouch.  

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

They are locked in for 20+ years because of the agreement for the new stadium

That's a narrative that isn't really true.  

Let's start by asking, what happens should Pegula decide to move the team at any point once the stadium is up?  

Most people don't seem to understand that this supposed agreement really doesn't have very large teeth.  

Anyway, what happens, what's the "penalty" if they move?    Let's start there and walk through why it's nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

EVEN SMOKING HOT 26YEAR OLD BARTENDERS AND SERVERS BRINGING DRINKS TO YOUR SEATS ! 

My wife wants to know if the smoking hot bartenders and servers are male or female. Might affect “our” decision to buy. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

as mentioned over and over , 20k is for CLUB SEATS ,MIDFIELD , HEATER, GREAT  FOOD , SPECIAL  ENTRANCE , BETTER POTTIES ,BAR TABS , HIGH END BOOZE PROLLY EVEN SMOKING HOT 26YEAR OLD BARTENDERS AND SERVERS BRINGING DRINKS TO YOUR SEATS ! 

So many aren't understanding this, and it's certainly the fault of the Bills. There's too much misinformation going around and it's getting people fired up. I have two friends that were in a panic and both thought their upper deck STs are going to carry a crazy PSL because they saw that Lombardo clip on the news. The Bills should really make a statement that PSLs aren't finalized for 80% of the stadium yet or something to that effect (or just release the pricing).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

My wife wants to know if the smoking hot bartenders and servers are male or female. Might affect “our” decision to buy. 

I have it on good authority that they’re all male.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

For your wife? I will personally bartend for her. 61 one year old, fat, balding, broken down Bills fan. I can even wear extra clothes for her!

• Haha (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

For your wife? I will personally bartend for her. 61 one year old, fat, balding, broken down Bills fan. I can even wear extra clothes for her!

Ohh, you flatter yourself!   😂 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm curious as to how many people talking about PSLs have or ever had season tickets compared to people that buy single game tickets again compared to those who don't ever attend and watch on TV.

Just wondering....

And that's not meant to be a shot at anyone,  just trying to see the perspectives from each group.

• Awesome! (+1) 1