Chiefs president floats the idea of the team leaving

12 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The biggest cities without a team are San Antonio, Phoenix, San Diego and San Jose.

So does anybody know a saint that wants a football team? 

Glendale, AZ is essentially Phoenix (in the same way I’d say Niagara is essentially Buffalo) so they have a team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Glendale, AZ is essentially Phoenix (in the same way I’d say Niagara is essentially Buffalo) so they have a team. 

16 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The biggest cities without a team are San Antonio, Phoenix, San Diego and San Jose.

So does anybody know a saint that wants a football team? 

You realize the Niners stadium is like 8 miles from San Jose? It's 45 miles from San Fran.

42 minutes ago, wppete said:

Liepold has turned that program around quick. Top 25 team. Exciting team to watch. 

Liepold, Nate Oats, Felicia Leggette-Jack...UB is the cradle of coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You realize the Niners stadium is like 8 miles from San Jose? It's 45 miles from San Fran.

I’ll give him San Antonio and San Diego, but the other two are close enough to claim a team. Could add Austin, St Louis, Portland, Albuquerque, and Salt Lake City to the list. 

4 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Plenty of Bills fans everywhere which is why televised national games always have high ratings.

Which tells you how many have left the city of good neighbors for a better economic/family lifestyle.   Love me some B-Low but NYS tax is a killer. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Disgraceful.  The Chiefs are an Original.  Leave them alone.  Greed knows no bounds 

Uh, they've moved before. They weren't originally in KC.

7 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Which tells you how many have left the city of good neighbors for a better economic/family lifestyle.   Love me some B-Low but NYS tax is a killer. 

Taxes is an overstatement. It is not just taxes. Some of my family moved out of area for other reasons and others moved back.

54 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Make Pat Mahomes chip in!  LOL seriously, owners are cheap as hell when it comes to this stuff 

If salaries keep going up star players will be trying to get share of teams and teams will be demanding players purchase PSLs.

1.  As mentioned earlier (but not read by just about everyone posting here)  If they "leave" it's for other locations in the KC metro.  This is a non story.

2.  You can argue that tax funds invested into sports stadiums isn't all that great a deal for the taxpayer if you are wanting to drill down and find out how much revenue is generated VS what is invested.  FINE...that isn't really what this is about (even thought the owners and politicians will claim what an economic boon it is!)  ...the game is ......do you want to invest public funds in partnership with billionaires who own the teams, so that the stadium/arena and stuff is satisfactory and the team stays in your community?  yes or no?  because if you don't want to pony up, there is a line around the block of other communities who will.  

Greed?  Coldhearted business.. playing at the heartstrings of fans OF COURSE.... I'd argue the value of of the investment is to HAVE the team..which in our day and age when there is so little that bonds us together as poeple...one of the few things that does...is a pro sports team.  

9 hours ago, H2o said:

Greed. Most self-absorbed billionaires are driven by it. 

MOST?  They ALL are.  Only a billionaire NFL owner would have the unmitigated gall to demand someone else pay for his team's playground.  

They should go and the fans in KC should figure out some other ways to fill their free time.

F the NFL.

The chiefs aren't going anywhere, this is simply the standard procedure for billionaire owners to extort their citizens.  And even if they did move,  it wouldn't be far it would just be across county and state lines to Kansas and they'd still be called the Kansas city cheifs.  

Also,  this should come as no surprise the Hunt family received an F grade from players for a reason. 

Finally,  to pay for the renovation costs they're proposing to extend the current 3/8 cent sales tax increase through 2070, a 40 year extension.  Lets say your typical resident buys about $20,000 in goods per year that have sales tax, that would equate to an extra $75/year or $3,000 for the entire 40 year extension.  

Even though they won't move far I'm still hoping they move.  It would cause some turmoil for a franchise that hasn't seen much lately.