DE Austin Johnson visiting the Bills today - UPDATE: DaQuan Jones says we got him

42 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

If not Johnson the well is about dried up on serviceable rotational pieces. It’s a bit disappointing as this team needs 3 more deep at this position. 

Teair Tart is a good under 30 rotational piece as well. My guess is one of them ends up here. Then there's the Draft and I'd expect WR and DT to be taken as our picks in Round 1 and Round 2, in whatever order Beane sees best with how the board falls.

We got Jones back to fill our hole at starting 1T, which was the most important thing. But with where we were at financially and everything we had to, we kind of had to let the market come to us for rotational depth. Unfortunately, the DT market was both very active and very expensive. 

But I think we'll still get a good veteran rotational piece and a high Draft pick (possibly another later) and we should be good. I wouldn't rule out Jordan Phillips returning as back of the roster depth too if he decides he wants to give it another go.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:34 PM, Process said:

Push these out a week. Having guys visit in spring with 4 inches of snow on the ground isn't a great first impression. The weather here stinks right now. Yuk. Finny because we actually had a great winter. 

I love the snow. Every cold brisk day is a gift.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sign the papers man!  Then get Calais Campbell & Blackmon or Simmons in here

& we are good to DRAFT 

I think they are comfortable with Rapp and Edwards at the safety and will likely bring in a rookie for depth and competition while Hamlin and Lewis are primary backups and special teams players. But I do think this team needs rotational DT's. The Bills usually carry 5 DT's with 4 active on game day. Right now the Bills have 2 on the roster. Campbell would be a great add he will be 38 but is actually coming off a solid season with 7 sacks and good advanced metrics. I think DT is going to have some depth added as I can't see them going into the draft needing to grab 2-3 bodies there. 

• Roundybout changed the title to DE Austin Johnson visiting the Bills today - UPDATE: DaQuan Jones says we got him
3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

LOL.  A player breaking the news via social media about another player.  This is a new one.

Not for nothing:

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2013/03/penn_state_football_who_is_aus.html

“Penn State defensive tackle Austin Johnson is a hot name during the second week of the Nittany Lions' spring practice. He's emerged as a candidate to start alongside senior DaQuan Jones on the interior of Penn State's defensive line.”

Edited by appoo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2023 vs 2024 so far:

DE - Downgrade, lost Floyd

DT - Upgrade, added Johnson

LB - Upgrade, get Milano back

CB - No Change

S - Downgrade, Younger but unproven

This signing makes me feel MUCH better about our Defense heading into the Draft.  Dependent upon Von at DE, but Austin Johnson is better than anyone we had last year after Jones & Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Sorry, I don't trust the source 🤣

Just keep worrying about the team.  You seem really good at that man.  

I would be a little more concerned about how the Sooners are going to do entering the SEC next season.  I am sure you guys won’t suck.  But should be interesting.  

But good signing by the Bills🏈🏈

• Like (+1) 1