Marvin Harrison Jr to Skip Pro Day

Just now, Gregg said:

Barring any surprises I expect him to be a Cardinal at #4.

i could see the cards trading out of that spot easily....like very easily. to collect a bounty of picks to use on more weapons than just 1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The thing is..  when you are as highly ranked as Marvin Harrison Jr., all you can do is hurt yourself by doing these extra workouts.  He's already a top 5, maybe top 3 pick.  I would think a physical is appropriate so teams can see he doesn't have any injury, but other than that check the video if you want to see what he can do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

i could see the cards trading out of that spot easily....like very easily. to collect a bounty of picks to use on more weapons than just 1.

True but it would have to be a hell of a deal for them to trade out of #4. 

well, Marv did specifically say Josh Allen as one of the QB's he'd love to play with.  Didn't mention Mahomes....so I already like the guy

Beane should at least explore what it would take to get to pick 4 or 6  for Harrison or Nabers 

The Cardinals are a dumb franchise who knows maybe it would be a favorable price.   

The Giants connection at 6 would make a lot of sense and likely a fair deal 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well, Marv did specifically say Josh Allen as one of the QB's he'd love to play with.  Didn't mention Mahomes....so I already like the guy

Beane should at least explore what it would take to get to pick 4 or 6  for Harrison or Nabers 

The Cardinals are a dumb franchise who knows maybe it would be a favorable price.   

I don't think the Bills have what it takes to move up that high. #28 and a package of other picks won't get it done. Unless the Bills include their 1st in 2025,2026 which Beane isn't going to do.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sorry but you need to put this fantasy to bed.  It would START with Bills 1st and 2nd this year PLUS next year's 1st and 2nd.

Moving from 28 to 4 is a huge jump.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=buf

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

I love that he’s telling these teams to shove it regarding these workouts. Just another data point for them to critique and nit pick you on. Go look at the tape to see what he’s capable of.

Completely agree, especially for guys who know they are going in the top 10 or so.   The combine is great for guys who come from small schools, who had limited playing time or tape.   For guys who played at big schools who have shown out time and time again against top competition the combine and pro days are really just a way for the NFL to continue the yearlong news cycle.     For a top ten guy like Harrison the risk of getting hurt or putting any sort of doubt into scouts minds by running a slow time really isnt worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Skipped Combine and now skipping this. Wouldn't shock me if he's not the 1st WR taken after all. Great film for sure. But I think he's gonna get passed by for one of the other top 2 guys. 

Folks, MHJ is one of the most overrated NFL prospects since Sam Darnold.  If it wasn’t for his name, he’d be considered a borderline first rounder.  Good hands and good size, but no explosiveness, no YAC ability and obviously an entitled attitude.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he runs a 4.6.  Anyone who takes him over Nabers or Odunze is making a huge mistake.

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Please stop with this nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, boyst said:

not a chance he is passed over. he goes first WR and top 5. dude is a likely generational talent and worth the trade up to get

Did you watch the Chris Simms bit on the top WR’s? Not saying he’s right, but he makes a pretty good case for him being WR #3 in this draft. He looks like a man among boys, but Simms doesn’t see the same burst you get from the LSU WR’s who can just run away from the pack. 

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

Folks, MHJ is one of the most overrated NFL prospects since Sam Darnold.  If it wasn’t for his name, he’d be considered a borderline first rounder.  Good hands and good size, but no explosiveness, no YAC ability and obviously an entitled attitude.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he runs a 4.6.  Anyone who takes him over Nabers or Odunze is making a huge mistake.

Please stop with this nonsense.

I’m not a fan of MHJ. Saw him in person and watched a bunch of games on tv. I can’t put my finger on what it is exactly I don’t like but I don’t think he’s going to be this all time great WR. Kind of reminds me of the hype Watkins had. I feel he will have a similar career. 

Edit. Just looked at Watkins stats. I think MHJ will put up better numbers but nothing crazy. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos