Center Train is off and running

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol horrible waste of a 1st rounder

At 10m you could get a fringe top 5 center, or settle for a not even top 5 WR2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Is the Law Office of Jackson Powers-Johnson a surefire rookie starter and eventual Pro Bowler?

Even so, it’d be less than 10m in cap savings compared to a mediocre wr being the same (and a top guy being 25m)

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

200.gif?cid=60e32e67uuwwx5i8dz9b3bzgpbyj

Live look at the "Center in round 1" train...

Looks like a mauler !

I'm in

I don't like moving McGovern to center. seems like compromise. Thought Bates would get that call. still odd to me

But I am certainly not Aaron Kromer or McBeanes

on the other hand

I don't find Center as a weakness as of now

Now WR ? yea

need

21 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

28 is basically round 2 - but you get the 5th year option.   

I get it, I just don’t think they value the position there at that point in the draft. It just doesn’t seem to Beane’s MO. Dating back to his time in Carolina, they have literally never drafted a IOL in the first round. Just doesn’t seem likely to me. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Welcome aboard Nate - using logic - I love it.  

But Frazier is my guy.  

Regardless. I’ve started a Football version of Moneyball….

All aboard!!!!

Choo Choo Vintage GIF by US National Archives

If the opinions of folks like Rick Spielman and Daniel Jeremiah matter, Powers-Johnson does not make it past Dallas at 25. Mostly because he's a possibility for Pittsburgh, Miami, and Philly before Dallas. Pittsburgh specifically is desperate for a C... Folks seem to be super high on Powers-Johnson. 

Frazier likely goes to one of those teams in the 2nd that don't get Powers-Johnson in the 1st... If that happens Frazier goes no later than 56...

Right now I would be flat out shocked if the Bills went O-Line in the first 2 rounds. Maybe if they fill the roster out a little more at DT, DE, and S... No doubt McD is going to love Frazier... We'll see...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

OK someone paid Robert Hunt a lot of money....big deal.  The needs at DT, DE and WR are there an are still more expensive positions.  Having said that, if you get an all pro it could be worth it I just see Beane moving around to get the value at the draft position at a need football position.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Literally the late 20s has always been the sweet spot for center's off the board in rd 1

But there's probably going to be more impactful players left

I can't hate on the notion of the Bills using sound draft resources at OL.

That said, I think Beane has some kind of positional value metric he bakes into the Bills draft board, and C in Rd 1 ain't it.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

But Frazier is my guy.  

Do you mean Zach Frazier, C from WV?

24 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

If the opinions of folks like Rick Spielman and Daniel Jeremiah matter, Powers-Johnson does not make it past Dallas at 25. Mostly because he's a possibility for Pittsburgh, Miami, and Philly before Dallas. Pittsburgh specifically is desperate for a C... Folks seem to be super high on Powers-Johnson. 

Frazier likely goes to one of those teams in the 2nd that don't get Powers-Johnson in the 1st... If that happens Frazier goes no later than 56...

Right now I would be flat out shocked if the Bills went O-Line in the first 2 rounds. Maybe if they fill the roster out a little more at DT, DE, and S... No doubt McD is going to love Frazier... We'll see...B-)

Yeah I dont think JPJ makes it past Philly at 22 who need to replace Jason Kelce.

• Like (+1) 2

I get the need for a Center and the value of taking one at this spot but really this scenario is just making me more frustrated about the Boogie Basham over Creed Humphrey pick all over again.  By far one of Beane's biggest draft blunders and it's not all hindsight as most people on this board were pounding the table for him with that pick and the Basham pick was always a head scratching reach that never really made any sense.

• Agree 2

If you have a Center that appears to be a once in ten year prospect that is absolutely dominant, then yes...go ahead and draft one in the first

This isn't the case, and you don't use a first rounder on a center otherwise 

I'd rather see a trade back if your going that route

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I get the need for a Center and the value of taking one at this spot but really this scenario is just making me more frustrated about the Boogie Basham over Creed Humphrey pick all over again.  By far one of Beane's biggest draft blunders and it's not all hindsight as most people on this board were pounding the table for him with that pick and the Basham pick was always a head scratching reach that never really made any sense.

He’s had 2 colossal draft blunders: Basham over Humphrey and Ford over Metcalf. Neither of those picks were hindsight, everyone here was clamoring for the player that didn’t get picked. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Welcome aboard Nate - using logic - I love it.  

Id be very happy if this happens if Brian Thomas Jr. is not there at #28 then this scenario would be ideal. Id also like to see us trade up in the 2nd and grab a DT, maybe Sweat from Texas. 

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

OK someone paid Robert Hunt a lot of money....big deal.  The needs at DT, DE and WR are there an are still more expensive positions.  Having said that, if you get an all pro it could be worth it I just see Beane moving around to get the value at the draft position at a need football position.

The reason why interior lineman are getting paid like tackles now is because there are so few quality offensive lineman that play at a high level. It’s the same at DE. 

I don’t think the Bills go that route as I think JPJ can go in the late teens and would be excellent value for the Bills at 28. I wouldnt be upset if they take him

While he has never drafted IOL in the first he did make Mitch Morse the highest paid tackle at the time and he had Ryan Kalil at Center while in Carolina so he does see the value in Center 

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I'm all for it.  They have made the offensive line weaker so far and I am scared of what would happen if this is the starting five and something were to happen to mcgovern.  

They simply have to add a real center

McDermott is not going to start a rookie at center.  

• Agree 1