Bills have private workout scheduled with WR Troy Franklin

It just goes to show how badly he looked at the Combine that he's offering to essentially re-do it personally for us. Probably also speaks to how we view him at the moment that we're saying "yeah, gonna need you to do more than just a standard visit. We need to see the Combine was a mirage to consider you".

I would be surprised if he improves his times though, even if he was sick. He'll be in better health, but he also put on added mass. Which in and of itself is a good thing bc weighing in less than expected was one of the many disappointments from his weekend in Indy. But it could also negate the time he lost from being a little under the weather. Though if he's able to get the same 40 with added weight, that's a good thing.

More than the 40, he needs more than anything to improve his 10 yard split. Ranking dead last amongst all WR's at the Combine when his big trait is speed was staggering. Again, I worry that may just be what it is. He does hit high speeds as he gets down the field. But coming off the line, you wouldn't think he's as fast as he's supposed to be. It's strangely as if he has long speed, but not burst at the line.

• Like (+1) 1

Franklin was the WR I liked at 28 until I saw the first ten split at the combine. That number would have to change significantly for him to be a first round pick in my opinion. 

that first ten yard speed really opens the whole route tree up and can eat up cushion from DB.

be interesting to see what comes from the workout, or if we ever find out.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It just goes to show how badly he looked at the Combine that he's offering to essentially re-do it personally for us. Probably also speaks to how we view him at the moment that we're saying "yeah, gonna need you to do more than just a standard visit. We need to see the Combine was a mirage to consider you".

I would be surprised if he improves his times though, even if he was sick. He'll be in better health, but he also put on added mass. Which in and of itself is a good thing bc weighing in less than expected was one of the many disappointments from his weekend in Indy. But it could also negate the time he lost from being a little under the weather. Though if he's able to get the same 40 with added weight, that's a good thing.

More than the 40, he needs more than anything to improve his 10 yard split. Ranking dead last amongst all WR's at the Combine when his big trait is speed was staggering. Again, I worry that may just be what it is. He does hit high speeds as he gets down the field. But coming off the line, you wouldn't think he's as fast as he's supposed to be. It's strangely as if he has long speed, but not burst at the line.

If you've got the flu, it's going to significantly impact your performance.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a huge improvement during his workouts when healthy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

If you've got the flu, it's going to significantly impact your performance.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a huge improvement during his workouts when healthy.  

If he was that sick he shouldn’t have worked out. 

My gut tells me it’s his agent telling everyone that because he didn’t have a great combine . 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Ok hold on, the only thing he did since the combine is re hydrate.  10lbs since then was lost water weight due to being sick, and that is water his body was used to.

I wouldn't be shocked if he does improve on just about everything vs. His combine performance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wonder if he would be someone they would take at 28 or maybe trade back and try and land if they come away impressed after his workout.  

I really like Franklin. If we take him at 28 I’ll be happy. If he falls to the second and we grab him there I’ll be ecstatic

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Who remembers Beane hoping Gabe Davis didn’t run well at the combine? Hmm.

I don’t think the Bills care about the combine workouts at all. Probably more interested in the meetings.

Agreed. Maybe it makes them recheck the tape if the times are out of sync with what they had seen on tape. But Rousseau was criticized because his agility and explosive scores were very poor at his pro day. https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1387977896178892801/photo/1

Kincaid couldn’t work out predraft because of an injury. We drafted both in the first round still. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah - so he could draft him in Round 4. Franklin's not falling that far. 

No, Davis was always a mid round prospect. Davis was going somewhere in the 3rd-4th round.

Franklin has been in discussions for the late first and early 2nd. If Franklin had a Worthy like combine he’s probably going before 28. Because he tested poorly he’s definitely there at 28 and maybe even falls to them in the 2nd.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1