Which NFL Team do you think is winning the offseason up until this point?

Chaos

I never find comparing the 2024 Bills roster to the 2023 Bills roster or the 2019 Bills roster as interesting because the 2024 Bills will never play a previous version of the Bills.  I don't pay attention to every free agency move, so I don't have an opinion (which is odd because I usually have an opinion on everything) who has improved their team the most with the combination of coaching changes, player cuts and player signings.  (ordinary administrative moves like restructurings or extensions, may create the ability to improve a roster, but the don't actually change the roster in and of themselves, so I don't consider them needle movers. )

So far the only move that jumped out as me as maybe be missing piece to allow a team to advance further was the Raven's signing of Derrick Henry.  But I have no idea what else the have done. 

Who does everyone think has done the best for themselves?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly, Green Bay or Atlanta for me. 

Jacksonville made some reasonable pick ups to improve. Same goes for Philly and San Fran’. 

Not many bad windows so far… Carolina, Miami and Tennessee are the only real head scratchers. 

Steelers - Wilson gives them a shot to win the division 

Ravens - solid moves and doubling down on what they do best is usually not wrong

Bears - if I was Chicago I would trade down and draft Harrison. I would give Fields another year with a better supporting cast. Worst case scenario you have made the offense much better and you draft another QB or find one in FA next year. That said maybe Caleb will be the answer.

Chargers - they got the best HC available. McD will be gone in a year or two having wasted 2 more years of Allen in his prime. Bills win the SuperBowl in 2024 if Harbaugh is the HC. 

Bills have done just fine otherwise

On the other end of the spectrum, Atlanta invested in the wrong QB and the wrong HC. They will be terrible again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

Chicago has done very well, outside of Swift.

I will never understand how a team could watch Herbert, Foreman and Johnson be good to serviceable all year for basically nothing and decide you need to pay a big money back on his third team.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Honestly, Green Bay or Atlanta for me. 

Jacksonville made some reasonable pick ups to improve. Same goes for Philly and San Fran’. 

Not many bad windows so far… Carolina, Miami and Tennessee are the only real head scratchers. 

I actually think Jax overpaid Armstead and Davis and will regret both those moves.

• Agree 6

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I actually think Jax overpaid Armstead and Davis and will regret both those moves.

Yeah, they did. But they improved for the most part. Savage, Darby, Armstead, Duvernay, Davis and Morse improve the roster from where they were at come the start of FA. 

They may have paid a bit more but in comparison to some of those other teams who were the head scratchers, they didn’t grossly overpay. 

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Steelers - Wilson gives them a shot to win the division 

Ravens - solid moves and doubling down on what they do best is usually not wrong

Bears - if I was Chicago I would trade down and draft Harrison. I would give Fields another year with a better supporting cast. Worst case scenario you have made the offense much better and you draft another QB or find one in FA next year. That said maybe Caleb will be the answer.

Chargers - they got the best HC available. McD will be gone in a year or two having wasted 2 more years of Allen in his prime. Bills win the SuperBowl in 2024 if Harbaugh is the HC. 

Bills have done just fine otherwise

On the other end of the spectrum, Atlanta invested in the wrong QB and the wrong HC. They will be terrible again. 

I will quote myself...

Steelers making another great trade

I will keep  Chicago on the list as at least they seem to have a plan and seem to be executing it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Yeah, they did. But they improved for the most part. Savage, Darby, Armstead, Duvernay, Davis and Morse improve the roster from where they were at come the start of FA. 

They may have paid a bit more but in comparison to some of those other teams who were the head scratchers, they didn’t grossly overpay. 

I think losing Ridley hurt the Jags

• Like (+1) 1

Weirdest offseason in ages, imo.  Usually, there is a clear "champ" (or 2), but I don't think anyone has moved the needle significantly at this point.

It just wasn't a great FA class to begin with.

I think the Rams have made some sensible mid-tier moves that improve their roster but hard to say they won the offseason when their best player just retired. 

Atlanta have made by far the biggest upgrade at QB in the league. And they play in the weakest division. So I'm tempted to say them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

After the draft it will be Washington. 

And they’re going to get the Center I want and I’m going to be ****ed off.  

6 picks inside the top 100.  

The Bills have 2 inside the top 127.  

And if one of those is the WR 8 over my guy Frazier (getting mocked as high as Miami and Washington early RD 2) I might lose my mind.  

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Armstead feels like an overpay to me, whereas with Davis I really wonder if he could thrive in a simplified scheme. Those explosive, downfield posts and nines and digs and crossers against man pressure packages were memorable.

That Tampa game last year stands out as an intriguing anomaly, with Gabe being featured underneath with quick-hitting, pre-defined routes. For whatever reasons, however, Davis and Allen continuously struggled to get on the same page in their option-heavy E-P passing schemes. And Gabe also dealt with some serious yips catching the ball. 

Curious to see how it goes for him with Jax.