Vikings acquire #23

I suspect you are correct, it is entertaining to watch teams jockey for position throughout free agency and the draft, 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Trade a 2nd and a 6th plus a 2025 2nd for Houston's 1st and 7th. 

That is to give them ammunition to get up again for a QB surely? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Ian Rapoport on X: "A Draft Trade!! The #Vikings and #Texans have agreed to terms on a major deal in advance of the draft, per me and @TomPelissero, landing Minnesota another 1. — Minnesota gets No. 23 and No. 232. — Houston gets No. 42, 188 and a 2025 2nd rounder. MIN moves up, HOU collects. https://t.co/ehRFqOKbFz" / X (twitter.com)

They start their move to a QB.

In Context March 12th 2018 Buffalo Bills Trade 21 and Cordy Glen to Cincy for No 12.  That 12 combined with a couple 2ns turned into 7, which well turned into the Alien.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They start their move to a QB.

In Context March 12th 2018 Buffalo Bills Trade 21 and Cordy Glen to Cincy for No 12.  That 12 combined with a couple 2ns turned into 7, which well turned into the Alien.  

I wanted to post this as soon as I saw the title.

Brandon Beane QB drafting school.

Is NE really gonna go with Bailey Zappe? Or Brissett?would have thought they would take a guy but they are the most likely out of the top 3. Getting ahead of the Giants at 6 maybe. You wouldn’t make this move unless you already had a trade partner or an idea of one and this can’t possibly be for JJ McCarthy but crazier ***** had happened in the draft when it comes to selecting QBs 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Trade a 2nd and a 6th plus a 2025 2nd for Houston's 1st and 7th. 

That is to give them ammunition to get up again for a QB surely? 

Definitely screams QB, but seems like at least one more move is needed, to assure they have a shot at one of the top guys. The question to me is, are any of the teams at the top, willing to pass on a QB and move down?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Definitely screams QB, but seems like at least one more move is needed, to assure they have a shot at one of the top guys. The question to me is, are any of the teams at the top, willing to pass on a QB and move down?

I'm shocked - Sam Darnold is not going to reincarnate himself as Baker Mayfield and lead the Vikings to glory ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean what do they do? 

It’s likely QB’s first 3 picks, right?

Williams, Maye, Daniels…?

Washington isn’t trading out of the top 3 and after the Mac Jones trade, can’t see them doing it either. So do they trade to the #1 spot?

11, 23, 2025 first? Or do they need to give up more?

Maybe they just stand pat and see if any of them fall past those teams then jump into 4 or 5 with AZ or NYG. 

Imagine AZ trade out… Man they would be absolutely stacked in this draft. 11, 23, 27, 35, 66, 71 & 90….

Just now, BBFL said:

I mean what do they do? 

Washington isn’t trading out of the top 3 and after the Mac Jones trade, can’t see them doing it either. So do they trade to the #1 spot?

Maybe they just stand pat and see if any of them fall past those teams then jump into 4 or 5 with AZ or NYG. 

Imagine AZ trade out… Man they would be absolutely stacked in this draft. 11, 23, 27, 35, 66, 71 & 90….

QB's probably are the first 3 picks but I wouldn't be surprised if MHJ goes in the top 3 either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

I mean what do they do? 

I think NE is passing on a QB which is dumb but maybe it’s to get McCarthy ahead of the Giants but either way it’s a dumb decision one way or the other 

34 minutes ago, Process said:

That seems like bad value for Houston, no? What do the charts say? Go from 23 to 42 for basically just a second round pick next year 

I come up with Texans giving up 780 and gets back about 680 points assuming using the "rule" that you downgrade a pick in following year by one round level and I assumed Viking finish next year around middle of draft.  If you don't downgrade a round, then Vikes gave up almost 900 points, so putting it in the middle of those two scenarios says it's about even??

So adding to that, they could now trade their 11th and 23rd to move up to #4.  Looks like they don't have a 3rd rounder so can't get much higher unless they make another trade to get a pick(s)

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1