Bills sign Mack Hollins

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Diggs

?

Shakir

?

Hollins

Shorter vs Isabella vs Hamler

The ? will be coming from the draft. This is supposed to be a very good draft for WR's.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The dude literally didn't play for like 3 straight seasons because of injuries and suspensions. I can't see any team putting that number on him. They would be dumb

I guess we'll see who's right.

In my observation, when a guy is a former OPOY with multiple pro-bowl and all-pro appearances, he'll have multiple suitors.  And multiple suitors drives up the price.

OBJ was coming off injury and hadn't put up numbers for years - since 2019.  He got vet minimum salary in his deal, true - but he also got $14M signing bonus paid up front, and carries a modest $4-$5M cap hit.  For which he put up modest numbers of 35 receptions for 560 yds.

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Gabe replacement comes at #28 or earlier with a trade up

He's basically a Gabe replacement, in terms of talent and measurables.  Put Mack on the Bills as a rookie with Allen and he probably does a lot better in production.

He can block all game and have 0 receptions on 0 targets.

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a Trent Sherfield level signing. I really hope this isn't the end of our WR free agent shopping.

We were never going to spend on WR in free agency outside this type of signing.  Anyone thinking otherwise was just getting their hopes up.  This is richest and deepest draft at WR in a long time, maybe ever and we have a tight cap with more than half our roster turning over.  

That being said, this is a solid signing considering what our budget is for FA.  

• Agree 1

It’s almost like they’re pissing on us and not even having the courtesy of calling it rain. 

I can’t believe anyone is even remotely pleased with this pickup. Could have got whatever production he provides at half the cost from an undrafted rookie. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The ? will be coming from the draft. This is supposed to be a very good draft for WR's.

Keep hearing that. and then see moves like this and it makes me think they draft 1 guy in rd 3 or 4 and call it a day. Sad but I fear may be true 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I guess we'll see who's right.

In my observation, when a guy is a former OPOY with multiple pro-bowl and all-pro appearances, he'll have multiple suitors.  And multiple suitors drives up the price.

OBJ was coming off injury and hadn't put up numbers for years - since 2019.  He got vet minimum salary in his deal, true - but he also got $14M signing bonus paid up front, and carries a modest $4-$5M cap hit.  For which he put up modest numbers of 35 receptions for 560 yds.

OBJ was severely overpaid and shouldn't have been. I actually think with Michael Thomas's injury history that a small 1 year prove it deal may be worth it to show he can at least stay healthy for a season and then cash in next season

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We were never going to spend on WR in free agency outside this type of signing.  Anyone thinking otherwise was just getting their hopes up.  This is richest and deepest draft at WR in a long time, maybe ever and we have a tight cap with more than half our roster turning over.  

That being said, this is a solid signing considering what our budget is for FA.  

And we are picking in a really crappy place.