Bills top 30 visits

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not exactly a top 30 visit, but worth noting:

Getting the weight back helps. Him weighing in less than expected was a big knock. Nothing to be done about the height being less than expected or the bad on field performance. But if he times better in the 40 and especially the 10 yard split (which was dead last) and runs drills better - than maybe we can chalk the Combine up to being sick. 

Still things on tape that are worrisome. Despite the highlight reels, there were some games against low level, non-NFL caliber CB's where he struggled.

But if they like what they see in the Private Workout, maybe we can steal him if he free falls based on the Combine. I'm still out on him in Round 1 though, personally.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

He's projected as a late day 3 pick. He apparently was a standout at the Shrine Bowl, maybe @GunnerBill noticed him.

He was not invited to the Combine so makes sense we are bringing him in to work him out for ourselves.

This may also signal a philosophical change, a willingness to let our depth DTs be late round rookies instead of overpriced free agents.

Or it could mean nothing! That's draft season for you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He's projected as a late day 3 pick. He apparently was a standout at the Shrine Bowl, maybe @GunnerBill noticed him.

He was not invited to the Combine so makes sense we are bringing him in to work him out for ourselves.

This may also signal a philosophical change, a willingness to let our depth DTs be late round rookies instead of overpriced free agents.

Or it could mean nothing! That's draft season for you.

I didn't notice him that I can say. But I support day 3 shots at DL.

• Agree 1

On 3/13/2024 at 10:13 AM, H2o said:

Here is a list of guys we met with at the Combine apparently. 

image.thumb.png.726043979e02862bf4fffbaf503e057c.png

Does anyone know if interviews and private workouts correlate with players the Bills draft ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2024 at 9:28 AM, noacls said:

Do you understand how to read relative athletic score chart? I don't think you do. 

He has a better 10 yard split than Ed Oliver and Aaron Donald, but yeah it's nothing special . Lol

Falling in love with combine scores is what gets GM's fired.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, finn said:

Does anyone know if interviews and private workouts correlate with players the Bills draft ?

Quite a bit. Especially in the higher Rounds. There hasn't been a player we've taken in Round 1 that we didn't meet with at the Combine. It's essentially the official job interview when it comes to this regime.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Quite a bit. Especially in the higher Rounds. There hasn't been a player we've taken in Round 1 that we didn't meet with at the Combine. It's essentially the official job interview when it comes to this regime.

I do think it worth a note. That Bills meeting with Kincaid at combine was never released before the draft. No one reported we met with him. But we now know we definitely did. Just interesting our organization was able to limit our interest being aired out.

10 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I do think it worth a note. That Bills meeting with Kincaid at combine was never released before the draft. No one reported we met with him. But we now know we definitely did. Just interesting our organization was able to limit our interest being aired out.

This is true. There's definitely names not on the list that we met with that we don't know about. 

The only ones we know that we definitely didn't because it's been documented are the top 3 WR's (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze) and Ladd McConkey. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

And Elam's meeting at the Combine leaked in the last 48 hours before the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, finn said:

It does IMO, but it goes a bit further than that. There's also a fair chunk of guys that we bring in as FAs that we had previously met with in this manner. We may not get them in the draft but Beane keeps guys in mind for when he can. Darrynton Evans is an example of this. There have been many others as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And Elam's meeting at the Combine leaked in the last 48 hours before the draft. 

Elam actually had a pre draft visit too that got reported just before the draft like you said 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/buffalo-bills-2022-nfl-draft-top-30-visitor-tracker-cb-andrew-booth-jr-rb-james-cook-among-recent-visits.html

Kincaid is the only person we have drafted in the first round without a top 30 visit (outside of the Covid years). For Kincaid we were his last zoom visit. My head canon is that Beane wasnt expecting him to be available at our part of the draft, then as things got closer and he thought he may we squeezed a zoom visit in with him. 

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2024 at 7:13 AM, H2o said:

Here is a list of guys we met with at the Combine apparently. 

image.thumb.png.726043979e02862bf4fffbaf503e057c.png

All of these make sense except Bo Nix? The Bills are not going to draft a QB high up and Nix is likely to go at least in the first 2-3 rounds. Maybe just kicking the tires on a player?