Derrick Henry to Ravens - 2yrs - $16M (up to $20M), $9M guaranteed this year

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

Why didn’t Thunder Thighs Fournette ever work out? He fits this need 

Commitment to the game and staying in peak shape. Maybe they believe it’s his number one priority?

15 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Problem is Lamar is still their QB come playoff time - All he does is find ways to lose

Yeah but if they can run the ball down team's throats. They won't need Lamar to be great just not screw things up.

8 that is the total # of carries by Ravens RBs against KC. EIGHT!

What's the point of spending the $ on a RB they won't use when it matters most. 

Their QB can't get it done in the biggest games. That's the problem, not RB. (Good for us.)

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

38 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If $10 Million per year is the high end of the RB market, I think we can afford a cheap power back to compliment James Cook later in free agency like Dobbins, Foreman, or AJ Dillon.

Or Ty Johnson, who I have hoped they would bring back all along.

• Like (+1) 1

If anyone actually thought the Bills would be spending that much on a running back in a year with this many needs and their cap situation, and coming off a season where James Cook posted 1500+ yards from scrimmage, well...I'm not really sure what to tell you.

It was never feasible, practical, or particularly necessary.

That said, it's a good signing for the Ravens. It's also good for my Derrick Henry dynasty league shares.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

IDK I saw Taylor Lewan talking about how Henry does not like the zone block scheme, and likes the RPO even less. He wants to keep his shoulders square to the line and run down hill. He mentioned that the Ravens do both and he wasn't sure its a great fit for him. He mentioned Dallas would have been a better fit. I also believe he needs to dominate the ball to get cooking, I think it'll be interesting to see how this works out. I'm not sure it will pan out as great as they hope, age, scheme, new team etc...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If $10 Million per year is the high end of the RB market, I think we can afford a cheap power back to compliment James Cook later in free agency like Dobbins, Foreman, or AJ Dillon.

I'll take Dobbins all day.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think the Henry tank is on E so I’m not as scared of it 

And not much thread left on those tires and he’s leaking oil and gears are slipping and his shocks are shot, but don’t get in his way if you’re under 220 lbs.

The most obvious move of the Offseason. I'm surprised it wasn't one of the first moves announced.

They had a trade in place for him Midseason that got nixed at the last second by TEN's owner. They made it to the AFC Championship, free reign to mold the running game around him, cap to sign him, and wouldn't have to give up a pick this time.