Plans at WR?

With Harty released and now Gabe signing with the Jags, what is the strategy/approach for WR? Are we going dumpster diving in Free Agency and then hoping we hit in the draft at WR?

Our current roster is Diggs, Shakir, Sherfield and Shorter (inactive all season). Currently not scaring anyone and probably in the bottom 10 as a WR group.

Anyone else uncomfortable? That’s a lot of pressure to hit on WR that is impactful in the draft! Do we trade up? 

Thoughts or perspective on Beane’s approach?

• Eyeroll 3

Higgins (draft cost + $$$ + competitor)

Ridley (likely too much $) 

Trade Options:

Courtland Sutton:  can be a 3.5 mil cap hit

Diontae Johnson:  I think cap is less than 10

Hollywood Brown

Darnell Mooney

Curtis Samuel

Noah Brown

Sutton + Samuel would be my targets

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

With Harty released and now Gabe signing with the Jags, what is the strategy/approach for WR? Are we going dumpster diving in Free Agency and then hoping we hit in the draft at WR?

Our current roster is Diggs, Shakir, Sherfield and Shorter (inactive all season). Currently not scaring anyone and probably in the bottom 10 as a WR group.

Anyone else uncomfortable? That’s a lot of pressure to hit on WR that is impactful in the draft! Do we trade up? 

Sherfield is an UFA. In terms of WRs you forgot the guys we have signed to future contracts who are KJ Hamler, Andy Isabella, Tyrell Shavers and Bryan Thompson. I'm sure we'll add someone in UFA (my hope is Noah Brown who can fall anywhere between WR2-WR4 on the depth chart and not break the bank).  Then draft one in the 1st and 2nd and follow up with another in 5th. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Going to have to draft probably.  Going to be hard to get a good one in free agency with no money 

On 1/8/2024 at 12:30 AM, Drew21PA said:

Again I’m sorry he got hurt bt

only mistake Josh Allen had on the second pick was even targeting Gabe Davis

just seems like every time he targets the guy he just falls over or runs the wrong way

heal quick kid but maybe take the playoffs 13

On 3/2/2024 at 10:45 PM, Process said:

4.21???? Dude just made himself millions in those 40 seconds. 

On 3/2/2024 at 10:38 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

First team Worthy mentioned at his Combine interview was the Bills.

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

use first round pick

And also use a 5th, maybe even a 4th fro a 2nd WR

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Gabe Davis and harty often combined for zero catches. we aren’t replacing a massive impact 

id expect a mid tier vet or two and a high draft pick still.

Honestly, I’m with you on that point and not worried at all. With the lack of production rfor periods in the end of the season between all the guys who specifically play WR; Stef, Gabe, Harty, Sherfield… The other guys we have stepped up; Cook, King Cade & Shakir. Diggs is still Diggs. 

Add a high pick and a guy from FA and how much worse can it actually be? I’d argue it’ll be better considering the guys who stepped up when we were hanging on by the skin of our teeth will only see more playing time and targets. 

Future isn’t as bleak even without a selection that high for Josh. We still got Big Blue, that’ll always be enough to win. 

Edited by BBFL

22 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

probably sign one and draft at least two.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2